Unfinished

Unfinished

A Poem by writtenfor

unfinished.  my life is tangled with untold, unfinished stories, threads just left - lost to the wind, flailing frantically, fretting as if there is somewhere to go in a hurry, as if to not escape holds an eminent destructive end. but their flickering is a reminder of the life they hold, their stories that forever go untold, buzzing with life, they cannot die, there is no home for them, there is no conclusion, no closure, a start without a finish, life without a home, there is no forgetting, you cannot forget yourself, you cannot shed what you cannot control, they are apart of you and yet in some way they are not.  these threads make up fields of "what if's" that thrive and simmer at the roots of of your soul, they are just inches old, leaving lengths of doubt, questions, curiosity, mystery-- slowly poisoning the reality you've reached, a reality you've reached at their cost, and now in turn they repay you, like weeds thirsting for water in a wasteland, inking shadows into your view, forcing life to become skewed-- tattered with ruins, and no, no you'll never know just what they want you to. never.

© 2012 writtenfor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lots of intensity here, lots of burning questions to fire the mind's neurons. Unfinished, a full life seems always unfinished until the final moment. Everything is a part of everything else. Nice write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like this concept, especially how the theme is reflected in the lack of formatting. Very nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 24, 2012

Author

writtenfor
writtenfor

Writing
Shame Shame

A Poem by writtenfor


She She

A Poem by writtenfor