She

She

A Poem by writtenfor

heaven splits, it cracks, it divides from within, spilling out, crying out its glow of light--like a shattered sieve that pours forth life, she is illuminated, turned bright, swelling with soft gentle might. she holds me still, she holds me right--even still, as earth's corners cave and the ocean's depths sink, she holds me true, calling me--whispering me through. she traces my every loss with her fingertips, secretly, safely--swaying me back to the peace I need, to the peace i'll breathe-- I breathe her, breathing her deep down to the shifting concaves-- corroded by the shadows in my heart, soaking swiftly, quickly, to the corners of my soul-- reconstructing the jagged edges, tethered and torn-- splintering the roots of who I was, sifting me closely into who i am meant to be.  I love her. I hold her close, so close she touches every fiber of me.  

© 2011 writtenfor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well written self discovery piece. It flows smooth like water from an ancient urn, clearly filling all of the organic vessel. It's like an ode, or song. And again that heartbeat like pulse to the written impressions. Very in touch and intimate.
Very nice.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 11, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


as if as if

A Poem by r. f. jordan