"Go Ask Alice" -review

"Go Ask Alice" -review

A Story by Faith
"

this is just a comment i made about my favorite novel of all time.

"

Just two days ago, i was looking in Barnes and Nobles and i came across the novel "Go Ask Alice" in the teen section. I read the back and found it quite interesting, and i bought it.

I cannot even use words to explain my true felings about that novel, i cried and cried, and i felt so close to the narrator. (the narrator and the author are kept anonymous) but for some reason in the very beginning of the book i decided to name her Lucy. 'Lucy" keeps telling me how close she is to me (her diray) which caused me to feel even closer to her. It was remarkable how much she has changed in two years, she has been through hell and back and all over again. I just finished reading the novel about twenty minutes ago, and i'm still in tears. I know it sounds crazy but in a way i love Lucy, for she has truely  poured her soul out to me, and all i could do was read.

I honestly think that this novel has taken a full effect on the way that i look at things, life, drugs, people, "clicks" etc. obviously i do or else i wouldn't be shedding tears all over my keyboard. I sincerly think that people of all ages should read this novel, because it is so dear, and so true, that it makes you want to just explode. Or maybe i'm the only one, who knows?

I know that the author is left anonymous, and i don't know honestly if i would even want to know who wrote it, and for the rest of my life i would still be questioning whether Lucy's life story is real or not, but for right now, and for myself, i believe that it is, and i believe that there was a Lucy (or whatever you wish to call her) and i appreciate, more than i can even express, how much i am thankful for this to be shared with me and for all of the other readers.

Lucy will always be in my heart, and memory.

 

© 2009 Faith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on September 8, 2009

Author

Faith
Faith

a place., NY



About
name: alanna faith date of birth: october twenty-third; 94' years: fourteen yrs. i live for my poetry, and my poetry basically is my life most people say my poetry is a little emo, but it's no.. more..

Writing
[NAMELESS] [NAMELESS]

A Poem by Faith


Against Fate Against Fate

A Poem by Faith