Chapter one: Character Introduction

Chapter one: Character Introduction

A Chapter by Rebecca!

Mark was riding his mother’s car, staring out the window blankly. He stroked his newly cut hair, which was nearly down to his scalp and a reddish orange color. He heard his mother and his older brother talking about something, but he didn’t listen. They were probably talking about him, like they always do. So Mark continued to stare out the window, and tried his best to ignore reality.
After the car ride home, Mark walked up to his room hoping that Ryan wouldn’t follow him. This attempt failed, and Ryan chased quick after him. Ryan pushed him down on the floor and mocked “What’s up little sister!?”
“Not funny, Ryan,” Mark replied as he got up off of the floor. Ryan wouldn’t leave without some sort of fight though, and Mark knew this. He tried thinking of ways he could fight Ryan without actually getting hurt in the process. Ryan wasn’t up for the wait, and punched Mark in the face while he was thinking.
“Bye, loser!” Ryan laughed as he walked out of his little brother’s room.
Mark laid down on his bead, and stared at the ceiling above him. He tried to open his mind and let the universe hit him, but nothing really came to him. What did come to him though, was the thought that the world would be so much better off if he was dead.
••••••••••••••••••••
Rebecca was staring at a computer screen, absorbing some of her favorite poetry when her brother Johnny walked in.
“What’s up, ugly?” He derided her. She just sighed and told him to go away.
“No! What the hell are you gonna do about it?” He laughed at her some more before stealing her phone out of her hand. He went through it for a moment before declaring that she had no friends. He then went on to walk towards the door of her room, and then threw her phone at her face.
Rebecca couldn’t do anything about the way her brother treated her. She walked towards the mirror and stared at herself. She was incredibly thin, and not very evened out. She had a pale complexion, and long light brown hair. She thought about what her brother called her. Ugly. She thought. That’s exactly what I am. Nothing but ugly.


© 2011 Rebecca!


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 21, 2011


Author

Rebecca!
Rebecca!

Lake Elsinore, CA



About
I'm Rebecca! I love to write :) more..

Writing