I.

I.

A Chapter by Marilyn Burke

Dear Cicilia, I am sorry to inform you that you failed once again to make the people happy. Why do you always do things that make people hate you? Are you really that pathetic? Yes, you are. Today was completely insane. You humiliated yourself by trying to help. Did you learn your lesson pathetic girl? You sorry excuse of a person. Did you expect someone to appreciate your sorry attempt? Are you that dense? Now, tomorrow I expect to keep to yourself and be the depressed little loner you are.
                                                                                                                                                                -Cicilia Ophil Jones

  I stared at the letter I wrote to myself with anger and sadness. There wasn't much to say in this one mostly because, I didn't want to ball my eyes out today. I could never seem to do anything right and it pisses me off. I try, I really do, but nothing I do is helpful. Sighing, loudly I tucked away my letter in a drawer with the rest. "Should I eat dinner today?" I asked myself. my stomach answered for me with a loud growl. That's right I didn't eat yesterday. Downstairs is warm unlike my pitiful room. The cabinet was filled with nothing but microwavable meals and a couple of canned goods. I picked up a Hormel Chicken and Noodles Compleats and popped it in the microwave. Walking over to the fridge, I pulled out a jug of orange juice and poured into a cup. "Why do I have the worst life?" I pondered aloud, sipping my juice. The Microwave beeped and I took out my food.
 
Eating slowly, I thought about work tomorrow. Oh, God in heaven, would you let the building burn down in a rain of fire? I truly dreaded my job but it payed well, and believe me, I needed it. 
As I finished up my food, my phone vibrated. "Who would even think to text me?" I picked up my phone and read the text.
-Can't wait to see you tomorrow- "Um? Who is this?"  
I got up and threw away the container. I washed my fork and cleaned any mess that was downstairs before grabbing my phone, and heading upstairs. I opened the app downright stupefied. -My love, are you ignoring me?- "What the hell?." I picked up my charger and went downstairs to plug it up. It began to ring.

  The same number came across the screen and I stared at it  dumbfounded.
 To do or not to do, that is the question. I chuckled at my thoughts before staring back at my ringing phone. I silenced it. "I'm pretty sure they have the wrong number." Once it stopped ringing I checked all of the windows and doors making sure they were securely locked. My phone kept ringing. I furrowed my brow. "What could this person possibly want?" I turned off my phone.

  Upon returning upstairs, I walked over to my laptop and powered it up. I logged on and opened Microsoft. I opened my recent story and began working on it. The sound of the keys clicking under my fingers was relaxing. Hours seemed to have passed by with out me even noticing it, by the time I looked at the clock it was already 1:00am. "S**t." I saved my progress and shut down my computer. I changed into my Pajamas and climbed into bed. Staring up at the ceiling, I contemplated the texts and the calls I received. Was it really a wrong number? Or were they actually trying to get a hold of me? What if it was someone important? "D****t." I sighed and rolled onto my side. I fell asleep angry with myself as always. 


© 2015 Marilyn Burke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a strong one woman show, good read.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 28, 2015
Last Updated on October 28, 2015


Author

Marilyn Burke
Marilyn Burke

About
Just a youngin' who enjoys reading, anime, and music. more..

Writing
II. II.

A Chapter by Marilyn Burke