Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by JDenise

Dean parked his beloved Impala in the perfectly paved driveway. He grabbed a briefcase from the backseat and walked to the front porch of the house. The door was already open. On natural instinct Dean reached for a gun and instead gripped his blackberry. He sighed and walked slowly through the threshold wishing for the old days. As he came to a corner he called out for Sam.

"He's still at work." A familiar voice said. Dean's breathing slowed back to normal as he rounded the corner and spotted a familiar face.

"I thought Sam had you on bed rest?" Dean joked. "He's not gonna be a happy camper!"

"Oh well! I'll get back in bed when he gets home." Tasha concluded passing Dean a beer. He laughed.

"Then you better hurry because he's pulling up right now." Dean announced.

Tasha cursed under her breath. She turned around revealing her seven month bump and rushed to grab a blanket and sat on the couch. Dean laughed as he took a sip of his beer and Sam burst through the door wearing the classic suit and tie.

"Are you home, Tasha?" Sam called out as he set his stuff down in the foyer. He turned the corner to face the living room. Dean was sitting at the island and Tasha was sprayed out on the couch under a blanket.

"I thought we agreed you'd try and stay in bed." Sam said walking into the kitchen and grabbing himself a beer.

"Damnit, Sam! I can't stay in bed all day." Tasha rebutted. "I'm not one to stay in bed all the day long and these two girls in here, won't stay still."

"I know" Sam said putting down his beer and meeting Tasha halfway between the kitchen and living room. "They'll be here soon and…"

"You'll have three kids to take care of." Dean joked. Sam smiled and Tasha laughed. Dean gulped down the last of his beer. He hugged his in-law good bye and slapped his brother on the back and left the couple alone.

All alone now, Sam and Tasha made their way to the bedroom to go to bed early. Tasha, then Sam took a shower and got into bed. In bed, Sam laid his head on his wife's stomach. He couldn't, in any way, stop himself from smiling. Tasha swiped back his brown hair and smiled at her husband. She knew he was so excited to be a father. She was just as excited to be a mother. Sam turned his attention towards her, and his smile grew even bigger. She kissed him lightly and Sam kissed her back. Tasha lay down on her back as Sam continued to feel the baby kick. Tasha rolled her head back on the pillow and fell asleep.

The expecting mom woke up very early the next morning. Tasha took a one shot glance at the alarm clock. It was a little past three a.m. She looked over to Sam who looked adorable when he was asleep. She brushed his cheek softly and made her way to the kitchen to get a glass of water. As she floated down the hallway she heard the wooden floors creak. She automatically stopped in her tracks and covered her stomach on instinct. Afraid to turn her back from the direction of the noise, she stepped backwards as carefully as she could.

She was pretty sure Sam put down the salt that night and that there was a demon trap on both the front and back porches, but she could be wrong. Tasha's breathing began to speed up. Before she knew it she had backed up into a gigantic six foot five figure otherwise known as Sam. He smoothly moved Tasha behind him and moved forward towards the kitchen. She quietly and quickly grabbed a .45 from the hallway drawer and loaded it. Sam looked at her and shook his head. She rolled her eyes and nodded forward.

As the pair inched forward they noticed the door leading to the nursery was open. Sam stopped dead in his tracks with this triggering a sensitive memory. He looked at and then at her stomach and flashed a weak smile. Tasha gave him that "it'll be ok" smile. Sam had noticed, a long time ago in college, that she gave that smirk when she was scared. It was his turn to be brave now.

Sam and Tasha pressed against the wall, as if they were trying to become it. Sam burst through the nursery door to find the room untouched. He let out a sigh of relief and turned to find that Tasha was no longer standing behind him, but was on the wooden floor gripping her stomach. Sam crouched down beside her as she winced in pain.

"I'm okay..." She said between winces. She was failing at being okay. Sam couldn't muster out any words, but he did manage to get out that he was calling 911.

When the ambulance finally arrived, like a hero, Sam carried his wife onto the gurney. He got into the ambulance with her as she continued to wince, gripping her stomach with each flinch.

"Mam, are you pregnant?" the EMT asked.

"No idiot, I'm just fat! The hell I'm pregnant!" Tasha yelled.

"Driver, you need to go faster, she's having contractions." The EMT shouted. Sam's head shot up so quickly at the word contractions.

"That's not possible. Is she going into labor?" He argued.

"It's possible, but we need to get her to the hospital to be sure." The EMT answered.



© 2013 JDenise


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on April 12, 2013
Last Updated on April 12, 2013
Tags: fanfiction, supernatural, romance, drama, family


Author

JDenise
JDenise

MD



Writing