Breakfast and the Mall

Breakfast and the Mall

A Chapter by Autumn
"

Chapter Two

"

I woke up from my dreamless sleep Ryan wasn’t beside me. I took a look at the clock which said that it was almost eleven thirty. I sighed and stretched. I got up and went into the bathroom and washed my face and put my hair up. Then I went into my room and put on some shorts and a new tank top. I went down stairs and I heard something in the kitchen. Just as I walked around the corner into the kitchen. Ryan was there and asked me, "You hungry sleepyhead?"

"A little."

I looked and he was making an egg omelet and some bacon.

"Breakfast will be done in about five minutes," Ryan told me.

He just kept getting better and better I thought to myself.

"Okay."

He shuffled the spatula around in the pan. It smelled so good. My mouth was watering. I opened the fridge and got some orange juice.

"Ryan, you want some?"

"Yeah. That would be good."

I took down two glasses from the cupboard and poured in some juice up to the rim. I sipped some of mine as I walked to the kitchen table. I set down the glasses and went over to Ryan.

"How did you sleep last night?" I asked him.

"Not that well," he sighed. "I had to stare at a beautiful girl all night so it was very hard for me to close my eyes. But other then that I slept fantabolous. How about you?"

"I slept fine. I was comfortable and safe in those arms I love so much," I smiled and giggled a little bit.

"Oh really now?"

"Yes really."

We both laughed lightly under our breath. He was taking the food out of the pan and setting it on a plate for both of us. He handed me a plate and we both went to the table and sat down. Ryan took a bite and said, “Nummy nummy”, like a little kid and I giggled. I took a bite and it was actually ‘Nummy nummy’. This was the first time in a long time that I actually had breakfast.

Kaylee, I went to my house and got some money and clothes,” Ryan said looking away.

What?!” I exclaimed.

Don’t worry my mom wasn’t there. I think she fell asleep in the car at the bar again.”

I tried to change the subject, “This is so good and delicious.”

Thanks I tried,’ he gave me his beautiful smile.

You didn’t have to make me breakfast you know.”

Yeah I know but I wanted too.”

Thanks. It is nummy nummy,” I said the last part like he did.

He laughed so I guessed he thought he thought it was funny.

We finished eating and put our plates in the sink along with out glasses. We cleaned up our mess on the table too. Ryan took a washcloth from the sink and began to wash off the counter. He tried to touch me with it but I moved and squeaked in the process. He laughed at me while he finished washing the counter.

Not funny,” I said trying not to laugh also.

Yeah it is, little mousy.”

Nuh uhh.”

Yuh huh.”

I growled at him as he emptied the wash cloth into the garbage and put it into the sink again.

Whoa slow down tiger.”

I couldn’t hold it in any longer. I laughed and so did he. I wanted to stop but I couldn’t. My stomach felt like it was going to burst. I breathed slowly closing my eyes so I wouldn’t see something random and start laughing again. I wasn’t laughing no more but when I opened my eyes Ryan’s face was in front of mine, about two inches away from me. He kissed my lips and I kissed back. He came out of the kiss and bit my bottom lip softly. I looked him in the eyes, they seemed like they had changed some. They were like a palish green now. I could have sworn that they were brown before. Hmm? Oh well.


Well what are we going to do today?” I asked Ryan.

You want to go to the mall?”

No not really. Ashley is going to be there and I don’t want to meet up with her. You know how she likes to flirt with you and you know how that really gets on my nerves.”

Yeah,” Ryan sighed.

How about the beach?” I asked.

Sure. Let me go out to the car and get my suitcase with my stuff in it. Then we can leave, okay?”

Sure.”

I ran up stairs excited to try on my new bathing suit I got a few days ago. I put on my bikini and a tank top over the top. The tank top was orange with stripes and had a little tropical tree in the corner. Then I put on my shorts which were white with an orange line around the edges. My bikini was blue with a sunset on the top. The bottoms were blue also but the back of them said ‘surfer’.

Ashley had said, “These are perfect for you, especially sense Ryan really likes to surf,” when we picked it out. I guess she was right plus it was really pretty and brought out my blue eyes and made my blonde hair stand out more.

I grabbed some towels for us. I went down stairs and seen Ryan rummaging through his suitcase.

What’s the matter?” I asked him.

I can’t find my stupid swimming shorts,” he growled.

I set the towel on the back of the couch and helped Ryan pull things out of his suitcase examining everything, looking for his swimming shorts.

Can we just stop by the mall and get one?”

Well maybe, but I don’t want to spend my money if I don’t have to.”

I picked up some shorts that looked like it but I was sad when I noticed it wasn’t.

Baby just grab some money and lets go.”

But,” he stopped himself and sighed, “Okay.”

I’ll pay you back. Okay Ryan, don’t get frustrated.” I kissed him lightly on the forehead and made him smile.

Let me run up stairs and get my sun tan lotion.”

I ran up stairs and almost fell but I caught myself on the railing. I grabbed my bag from my room that had all my beach stuff in it such as lotions, hair ties, and more. I ran back down the stairs and Ryan was in the car waiting for me. I grabbed the towels on the back of the couch and ran outside and jumped quickly into the car. Ryan started the car and we were off.


Do you mind if we stop by my house and pick up my truck and my surfboard?”

Sure,” I said smiling. My face was starting to hurt from smiling too much but I didn’t care.

We drove on and pulled into Ryan’s driveway and he parked behind his black truck. I grabbed my bag and sandals and go out and shut the door behind me. I opened the backseat door and threw my stuff inside.
Ryan went into the garage and came out with his surf board. He set it carefully into the bed of the truck. He got into his seat and I got into the passengers side. We both put on our seat belts as he started the truck he put the truck in reverse and wheeled out of the drive way.

Oh crap,” I hissed through my teeth.

What?” Ryan asked trying to figure out what was wrong.

I forgot my cell phone at home,” I sighed.

No you didn't,” he said with a smile on his face. I looked at him as he pulled my cell phone out of his pocket.

With the smile still on his face he said, “ I grabbed it off of your stand beside your bed when you were in the bathroom. I knew you might forget it,” he leaned and kissed my cheek still keeping his eyes on the road as I took the phone from his hand, ”Thanks,” I said, “You're the greatest,” I leaned and kissed his cheek back.

So, we are on our way to the mall to get me a pair of swimming shorts?”

Yep, you catch on quickly,” I giggled taking his line.

I know I'm good like that,” he smiled making a funny face. I just smiled and shook my head.

We were almost to the mall and it was already one thirty. Ryan pulled in and turned the key off.

I opened my door and hopped on to the pavement, which was hot as it touched my feet. I shut the passenger door and walked to the back opening the door and grabbing my sandals from the back floor board. I dropped them onto the ground as I slipped them on shutting the door.

Ryan walked up beside me smiling and lightly interlocked fingers with mine.

We walked together hand in hand up to one of the stores, I didn't read the large sign on the top but I seen clothes there so there had to be something we could find and if we didn't there was a few more stores that we could look into.

We got almost to the front doors when I heard a voice calling my name. The voice was familiar, it was Ashley and Ashton, my friends from forever.

Kaylee!” I heard them say as I turned around. They both were yelling, sprinting towards me as if they were running a marathon.

Hey guys,” I smiled waving with my free hand. I was actually happy to see them, well Ashton at least.

What are you guys doing here?” Ashley said huffing and puffing as if she just smoked an entire carton of cigarettes.

Well,” I smiled at them, “We are going to the beach, but Ryan can't find his swimming shorts, so we came here to buy one.”

Oh sweet,” Ashley exclaimed, “Erika and Bryan are there too.”

Why don't you guys come with us?” I asked politely.

Really?!” Ashley said over excited, she started bouncing on the back of her heals.

I felt Ryan squeeze on my hand tighter as he glared into the distance. I don't know why Ryan never liked my friends.

Yeah, it will be fun. Ashley why don't you and Ashton go and get a bathing suit and meet us at the beach.”

Okay I'll run to my house and get my stuff, we will be there in about ten minutes,” Ashton said.

'Kay, bye guys,” I smiled and waved as they walked away.

Ryan, still squeezing my hand, tugged me into the mall. He was pissed about them coming along I knew it. He didn't like them I didn't know why, I didn't care they were my friends and I loved them.

Why did you have to invite them?!” Ryan hissed through his teeth as we looked through the different kinds of clothes looking for the swimming shorts.

Because they are my friends,” I replied under my breath.

Okay, whatever,” he mumbled to me.

No not whatever,” I walked over to him and kissed him on the cheek, “I love you and I hate it when you're mad.”

Okay,” he sighed, “I'll try to be happy,” he said sarcastically as he put on a big smile.

Hey dork, can we get your shorts now,” I poked him lightly in the side.

Yes we can squeaky,” he laughed and poked me back.

Okay I seen some over here come on,” I walked in the direction that I had been talking about.

I pulled a pair off the self and asked, “You like these ones?” The shorts were white with tropical palm trees on the bottom of the legs.

Yeah,” he smiled, “Those are perfect.”

Okay,” I smiled and flipped the pair of shorts over my arm and began to walk to the cashier counter and set them down.

I watched the cashier ring them up on the scanner and she said still looking at the computer, “Fifteen ninety-nine.”

I smiled at Ryan as he rolled his eyes and gave up his precious money.

The lady gladly took his money and asked politely, “Do you want a bag?”

I smiled gracefully and said, “No thank you.”

Ryan took the swimming shorts from the lady and took my hand, walking out of the store. He held my hand as we made our way to the truck.

I opened the truck door and slid inside. Sitting on the seat I grab the handle and pull the door shut. Ryan jumped in putting the shorts on the back seat, putting on his seat belt and starting the truck. I couldn't believe we were on our way to the beach, I was so excited I thought I might explode or implode, which ever happens first.



© 2010 Autumn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on March 15, 2010
Last Updated on March 15, 2010


Author

Autumn
Autumn

Roscommon, MI



Writing
Hannah Hannah

A Story by Autumn


Brooke&Autumn Convo Brooke&Autumn Convo

A Stage Play by Autumn