Entry Three

Entry Three

A Chapter by LostinKristina

June,17,2009

Dear Diary,
Sorry that I couldn’t write in you yesterday, I had to help with the arrangements for dad’s funeral. Mom is going to let me choreograph a dance to What Hurts The Most by: Rascal Flatts. She thinks dad would have wanted me to, though I am not so sure.
No one knows for sure why George would kill dad, but I do. I know it would help the police if I was to say something, but I am scared it would take away the scholarship I did earn. Did I forget to mention that Julliard decided to give me a full ride? They thought I was talented enough to stay, Julliard actually wanted me. Can you believe it? I know I am having a hard time accepting it myself.
I wish dad were here to see me prove him wrong, that I could get in on just my talent.
But George, that stupid George, he was too greedy, he killed my dad. Maybe one day, after I graduate and have a job I will tell someone why. But for now I am going to let them keep guessing.
If I tell you, will you promise not to tell anyone? Of course you do, like I have said before you can’t talk so there is no harm in writing down what I know. Is there? I mean mom doesn’t even know I keep a diary and there is no need for the police to read you.
Okay, so it turns out dad was going to get George a large amount of weed. "yeah, dad dealt drugs. Who knew?-
Anyways, George was willing to pay my way through college if dad had the pot laced with crack cocaine. So dad sent the pot off to someone to have it laced, because he knew it was my dream to dance. I guess you could say it was sweet of him, I just think it was stupid. Don’t get me wrong, I miss the man. But he lied to me, and he didn’t think I could do it on my own. He didn’t have confidence in me, even after telling me that any school would be lucky to have me. Okay, back on subject, dad was supposed to have the “money” is what they called it, to him by the 31st and it wasn’t ready. That was the day that everything bad happened.
The day that it was raining so hard you couldn’t even make out your hand in front of your face, the day that I received the “letter” that told me I had “lost” my scholarship, the day my dad was shot to death while following me threw the rain.
I had no idea where I was running to; I just had to get away from the man who had lied to me from the very beginning. The man who I used to turn to for everything, the man who had let me down.
I remember after hearing the gun shot turning and running back to him though, I cared that much for him. I remember hearing the loud crunch of George’s car colliding with a tree about ten feet away.
I remember getting up and running to the crushed car and reaching inside to where I saw George’s cell phone. I remember calling 911 and reporting everything that had happened, I was unusually calm. I left the part out about what my father and I were arguing about, for some reason I felt the need to keep that a secret.
I can’t help but remember hearing mom cry when she found out, I will never be able to get that sound out of my head. Maybe one day it will make me go crazy.
How did I find out what dad was doing? Well that’s a story for a different day.

Sincerely,
   Kelsey

P.S. The funeral is in two days. Mom didn’t want dad’s to be on the same day as the man who killed him. She’s strange like that.




© 2011 LostinKristina


Author's Note

LostinKristina
Again the spacing I know.
But please what ever I can do to fix this please and thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 19, 2011


Author

LostinKristina
LostinKristina

Neverland



About
Kristina-22- singleI live in a hicktown somewhere in Va.Music, photography and writing are what keep me going.I like long walks on the beach and a good game of laser tag. I'll kick your butt if we rac.. more..

Writing
Ragdoll Ragdoll

A Chapter by LostinKristina