Once Upon A Chewy Brain

Once Upon A Chewy Brain

A Story by xombie_hunter
"

A man comes to remember a bit of his past, and when he snaps into reality, he finally realizes something...

"

I remember the day it happened. It was the day I met her, that one girl whom I thought didn't exist. A girl who I thought lived only in movies. I wanted to believe it was true, but somehow it seemed too perfect, ya know? I mean, hey, I liked her, but she wasnt right, almost like she wasnt there, ya know? It was the way she looked at things. Red things, bloody things, like meat. I mean, who doesnt like a nice rare steak every now and then? But its all she ate, and not rare, but uncooked. We spent the day together, just hanging out, talking, finding things out about each other. She started to get kind of aggressive, really pushy about certain things. We talked about our family, I had more to say, which was a change of pace for me. All she said was she had a lot of scientists in the family. I thought it was pretty cool. She took me home that day, threw me on her bed, her parents werent home. She sat on me. Then she started to take off her shirt. I noticed something I hadnt before, she had markings all over her body, but they stopped at her neck. What went through my mind? Wow, that is one hot body, then hey, wonder what happened to her. Then she changed, her eyes rolled up into her head. I started to freak. Then she spoke. She said she saw me watching. She said she saw that look, an almost hungry look in my eyes. She said I was like her. That I wasnt like everyone else. She said she would take me to where I belong. I started to ask her what she meant when i saw it. By "it", I mean her teeth. They grew almost old, scary old. Like the old ladies with the creepy broken teeth. Only hers were all there. They were just longer, cracked, jagged, and starting to drip saliva. She started to talk. "The end is here. Everything you know right now is over. I am going to kill you, no, im going to eat your brains while your still alive. Goodbye." Then I lost it. I threw her off of me, she hit a wall. I heard a voice that sounded like hers, only it seemed to be all around me. I looked around, but couldnt see anything more than a few feet in front of me. How did I get here? How did this happen? Did I let this happen? I felt funny, almost like I was wrapped in a warm, fuzzy, slightly buzzing blanket. I heard a thump. I almost jumped out of my skin when i heard it. By "it" i mean a low, creepy, deep moan. I ran, right into a wall. I hit it so hard there was an echo in the dull room. I felt my way along the wall till I found a light switch. I flicked it, but it didnt work. I walked a little ways more, feeling the wall when I heard another dull thump, then that low moan again, only it was right at my ear. I felt the saliva start to fall on my shoulder, dripping down my shirt. I felt something scratching at my arms. It felt like a pair of hands. But not hands at the same time. I screamed. Not one of those big macho man yells, but a high pitched srill scream of terror. I hadnt been able to make my voice that high pitched for years. Then I was pressed up against the wall. I started to struggle, trying desperately to escape. Her grip weakened. I finally pulled free, running around the room, finally finding a door. I could hear her stumbling after me. i could hear her breath, no, her moan. The door was either stuck or locked, I didnt wanna wait to figure it out, so I did what anybody else wouldve. I jumped back, then ran full speed into the door, I heard the crunch of wood. Then the pain. It wasnt wood I heard, but my shoulder that made the crunch. I cried out in pain. Then she was upon me again. I had one useless arm, and I was fighting with the pain as well. I pushed her hard with my one good arm. but she didnt even stumble back, not even a half step. I tried to remember what floor we were on, but the pain from my shoulder stopped the thoughts dead in their tracks. I needed to get out, fast. I ran into her with my good shoulder, barely moving her. Then I tried something. I ran to her side and tripped her. She actually fell down. I didnt know what else to do so I turned to the door again, trying the doorknob. Nothing. I shook it. Still nothing. Then I felt something. It was the lock for the door. I unlocked it, turned the doorknob, then pulled the door open. I ran out, but before I even got through the doorway, something grabbed my ankle and pulled me down. It was her. She moaned at me, and I freaked. I kicked her with my other foot. She didnt let go. I twisted and turned, kicking her over and over. I started to kick her hands, and they loosened, just enough to pull free. I crawled away, pulling myself up. I ran, right to the stairs. The next thing I knew was a feeling of floating, then falling. I fell down the stairs. Rolling, I tucked my head as close to my chest as possible, running on pure instinct. I survived the fall, but when I ran to what looked to be the front door. It opened easily. I ran out into the street, tears running down my cheaks, everything was hectic. People were screaming and running. Crying. There was blood everywhere. People were on the floor, or kneeling over people covered in blood. Then I heard a voice over all the chaos. It was hers. She said " I told you. I will find you. I will be the one who gets you. You have a weakness. You will succumb to me. Remember me." Then the voice was gone, I remember that day really well. I finally realize why I remembered that. It was the day they attacked. The zombies. Its been 8 years since that day, 8 years exactly to this day. Im dying now. I guess the whole life flashes before your eyes when your dying thing is bogus. I remember who it was. The one who warned me. The one who remembered me from that day. It was her. It was her then, and its her now. Shes the one holding me tightly to her while she chews on it. shes feeding off of it. Well she did find me, like she said she would. She sneaked it up on me, just like back then, Charming me, then, she grabbed me. And cracked apart my skull. Literally ripped it off. I didnt feel it. I just remembered her as I died, as she chewed on my brain, I realized it. I Loved Her.

© 2008 xombie_hunter


Author's Note

xombie_hunter
some grammer errors, please, dont be too nice, tell me what you really think about it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mesmerizing story. It holds ones attention throughout. Strong with emotion in a sick twisted way. Seems like a really strong metaphor for a rocky love affair. I would have to agree with Vampire...keep writing...want to see more posts.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I liked it, very interesting, and YOU were the one who told me couldnt write, ha, YOU CAN. Put up some more stuff i look forward to reading it. :D

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2008

Author

xombie_hunter
xombie_hunter

Albuquerque, NM



About
Well, i love zombies(hence the name lol XP) My name is James by the way, and i love to write about zombies. I've tried longer stories about em, but i kinda prefer short stories. i dont really know why.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..