(one)

(one)

A Chapter by xxMariaLuvsUxx
"

before I could even make a name for myself, one had already been made for me. TRAITOR.

"
"Now, can you explain to me from the very beginning how all of this started?"

I don't make any notion of letting the man sitting across from me know that I'm listening. It's been less than twenty-four hours since all the events have unfolded and even less since the world has been destroyed all around me, how could they really expect me to be so okay with actually talking about this? I wasn't okay at all, period.

"Please, I know it's been a difficult time for you."

'That's an understatement.' I thought bitterly to myself.

"But, you're not exactly free yet." I snap my head up at that. What does he mean - I'm not free yet? After everything that's happened, how can this still be my fault?! I take in the big bulk of a man sitting in the chair in front of me. He's got a scruffy beard and looks like he hasn't slept the entire night. I probably looked no better, even though I had been given a cell with a bathroom and fresh new clothes, I had refused them. The only thing I wanted, I couldn't have ever again. "Unless and until you fully cooperate with us and retell the full story to us, there's nothing we can do to get you out of here. There's nothing else we'd like to see than for you to finally move on with your life."

'What life?' I almost start crying at his words. 'What exactly do I have left? I've already lost everything - from my reputation to my sanity!'

But, I don't say those words out loud. There's one thing I do have left though - the truth, the whole full truth. The one thing no one else knows about - well, that's still living, that is.

I look up from my lap and at Officer Reynolds, he said his name was, with my bloodshot eyes, dry with tears face, beaten blue and black body. I open my dry mouth, crack my lips open and start my story.

"One little video was all it took to ruin everything. I came here to start fresh, to try again, you know, work harder, be successful, have the life I've always wanted. But, before I could even make a name for myself, one had already been made for me.

TRAITOR.

A video that didn't even last a full minute introduced me to the whole entire campus.

Destroyed any friendships or relationships I could've made before I even had the chance to explain myself.

Made me look like a fool, a s**t, a b***h, among countless other things.

Ruined my every single chance of starting over.

Broke my entire life.

Threatened the most popular guy and athlete.

My best friend.

He got hurt right alongside me.

It took aim at both of us...but only one of us made it out."

And I still regret it even now. But, if I have any chance of getting over this, then I need to tell this story.


© 2015 xxMariaLuvsUxx


Author's Note

xxMariaLuvsUxx
http://www.polyvore.com/no_title_yet_prologue/set?id=166556763

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on December 29, 2015
Last Updated on December 29, 2015
Tags: love, romance, young adult, fiction, teen, drama, thriller, secrets, lies, violent, stalker, scary, love triangle