Meeting Replacement

Meeting Replacement

A Story by HighFunctioningSociopath
"

(FAN FICTION) Sherlock returns from his grave. Surprises his dear friend John Watson. Sherlock expects to get a case right away, but the police don't call. Mrs.Hudson informs Sherlock he was replaced.

"
SCENE: home 221C(flat above 221B)

Sherlock is sitting in his chair waiting for a call from the police station saying they need his help for a case, but no call comes through.

"Mrs.Hudson!!" Sherlock yells

Mrs.Hudson comes running up the stairs.

"Yes, dear? What is it? Are you alright?" She asks.

"None."

"What??"

"No calls! When I "died" did all the criminals die too?!" Sherlocks voice raised

"Don't use that tone on me. The police know you're back, but Sherlock have you not been watching the telly?"

"Of course not! What an absurd question. Me watch the telly?"

"Well, John did get you into it once."

"Mrs.Hudson, keep on topic. Why should I watch the telly?"

"Sherlock, you've been replaced."

Sherlock sits up in alarm, hands clinching the arms of his chair.

"Replaced?"


Sherlock finishes getting ready to leave, he grabs his trench coat and blue scarf and puts them on. He grabs his phone and dials John Watson's number. He holds the phone up to his ear and listens to it ring twice.

"He is ignoring my call."

He looks at his phone oddly.

"He's probably still upset with you about faking your death."

"Don't speak of that Mrs.Hudson."

But before she could apologize, sherlock dialled the number again. This time John answered.

"Hullo Sher--" Watson began.

"Replaced? Why did you not tell me I was replaced? By who anyhow? No one is as smart as me? Did they get someone who is as dumb as Anderson? They probably replaced me with Ander-- no, no too stupid for that. Who John? Who?!"

"You never do stop rambling. 'Susanne Grimmy' and for your information, she is just--"

"Don't. No one is. Get in your car and meet me at the station. So we can meet Mrs.Grimmy."

"Sherlock, I can't just get up and leave work."

"Of course you can."

"I hate you sherlock"

"No you don't. "


Sherlock runs outside and calls down a cab. He steps inside and heads to the station. Watson leaves his office to run into his boss.

"Where do you think you're going?" His boss asks

"I have an emergency."

"What?" His boss replies.

"Most likely Sherlock is going to get himself hurt and I'll be the one cleaning up the blood. Do you mind?"

"Mr. Watson, you cannot just get up and leave work." The boss's voice was stern.

John looks at his feet and back into his boss's eyes.

"Of course I can."

He shimmies past his boss and calls a cab and heads to the station.



When John arrives at the station Sherlock is standing outside waiting for him. John exits the car and makes his way to sherlock, just as he reaches sherlock; sherlock turns and starts walking in the station.

"Took you long enough, run in with the boss?"

"Yes, said I had an emergency."

"He didn't like that at all. Don't worry John he won't fire you."

"And how do you know that?"

"Too scared, he gets nervous when faced under pressure and firing you would be his biggest mistake. Therefore; his superior would be anger, then placing him under pressure. Finally he cracks."

"Oh."

They make their way into Greg Lestrade's office. Stopping in front of his desk. Watson sits himself down in a chair. The [boss] looks up and rolls his eyes when he sees that it's Sherlock.

GL- "John, I told you not to tell him."

JW- "I didn't. Actually, how did you find out Sherlock?"

SH- "it was on the telly."

GL- "you watch the telly?"

SH- " of course not, my land lady does. Mrs.Hudson informed me after I asked why you never called."

GL- "well, yes. You've been replaced."

SH- "why?"

JW- "you were gone for two years remember Sherlock?! They needed help so they--"

A lady walks in, it's Sally Donovan

SD- "We hired another freak, if you wanted to know. Just like you too, odd, over critical... A psychopath!"

Another lady walks in. Red hair; slender, tall body; pale gentle, silky skin; deep, blue eyes and simple amount of freckles under her eyes.

"Do shut up Donovan. I have found who we are looking for."

GL- "good. We'll go get him. Go home and rest, you had a long couple of nights. You deserve it. "

SG- "Will do." She walks out. Not once did she look up from the picture she was looking at on her iPad.

SH-"who was that?"

JW- "that'd be Mrs.Grimmy.

Sherlock turns and exits the room with no reply. Everyone let's out a large breath of air because they know they'll have to go after him.
Sherlock follows mrs.Grimmy all the way back to her office. She appears to not notice him following her, which makes sherlock laugh at the fact that they say she is as brilliant as him.

"You know following a girl is a bad way to ask them on a date.... Sherlock."

Sherlock stops. Confused. She looks at him and gives him a smirk. She places a hand on her desk and leans on it.

"How--"

SG-"How did I know?? Easy, the steps you were taking told me you were thinking, and by the pace that lead to you were following, which told me you were trying to figure me out. Conclusion: who can figure someone out by being 5feet away? Mr. Sherlock Holmes."

"Hmm. Why haven't I seen you before?"

"Came from Poland, not London. I've seen and heard all about you mr.Holmes."

"Of course. I'm the most intelligent man alive."

"Alive? Were you not dead two days ago? Nobody knows you're back except for your friends and lover."

"How do you know I'm in a relationship?"

"She doesn't shut up about you. Very annoying. "

"She?"

"Don't try making me question me answer. She meaning Molly."

Sherlock inspects Susanne.

"Oh and the reason why you're locked out of "your" flat is because I live there. Mrs.Hudson is my great aunt. Goodbye Mr.Holmes."

With that Susanne walks past Sherlock and leaves. A perfect opportunity for Sherlock to snoop. He goes through every drawer and looks through the top of her desk. Nothing.

"Why would she have an office room if everything is-- she's hiding something and know exactly how to get to what she is hiding."


Sherlock had to move into the flat above his own because he couldn't get into his old flat. Sherlock sits in his chair, it's somewhat comforting that the flat is exactly like how his and John's flat was, but there was one thing missing. John. John is barely ever in Sherlock's life anymore after the wedding, then the baby. It's been so long since Sherlock and John have just had a dinner together.
Just then Sherlock hears the Susanne say goodbye to Mrs. Hudson. She must be leaving her flat. Perfect. Sherlock jumps out of his chair and heads onto in slim porch. He looks down and sees Susanne's porch. Sherlock turns and flings his body over the railing and let's go to just land on Susanne's. He pushes the door open and steps, softly into her flat. He looks around consciously and curiously. What could she be hiding? What was she hiding? Two question Sherlock needed answers too. He rambled through all her things, looked in places most people would think of and then right on the desk top was her iPad. Sherlock had a feeling everything he was questioning was on there. He picked it up. No sign of a pass code on it. Just as he was about to unlock it, a voice he had heard before speaks up,

"Funny. I speak to you for about 1 minute and you're already breaking into my flat? Let me guess; you were suspicious about everyone saying I'm just like you. Then when you saw me you noticed I had a tight grip on my iPad, therefore you knew it meant something of value to me. Then after we spoke you snooped through my office only to find I had nothing in there. You break into my flat ASSUMING I'm hiding something and you notice I have nothing suspicious in here, but my iPad. Am I right?"

Sherlock turns around slowly. In the kitchen he sees SG sitting on top of her dinning table. Legs crossed, looking at sherlock with little questioning on her face. She knew she was right.

SH- you're right.

SG- I know. You are too.

Sherlock gives her a look of question, tilting his head to the right.

SH- you're hiding something?

SG- isn't everyone?

SH- what is it?

SG- why should I tell you? So you can turn into some case and get me in some kind of trouble?

SH- I would only have to do that if you were a criminal.

SG- I'm not a criminal. I'm too clever.

SH- then what is it?

Sherlock was walking towards her the entire conversation until now. He was right above her. His legs pressed against the table. He couldn't figure her out, she hid everything so well.
She gets on her knees so she just a few inches shorter from eye level. She places her hand on SH cheek (left) and slowly runs it down his face and chest as she speaks.

SG- help me mr. Holmes and I'll help you.

SH- I don't need your help.

An electrical charge feeling is going through SH.

SG- sure you do. protect me and I'll help you solve cases. I'll be your new Watson.

A stabbing feeling goes through SH. "New Watson". Those words stabbed him. He flinches but doesn't lose eye contact.

SG- shh.... Don't get upset mr holmes. John still loves you but he has a family now and he needs to keep them safe.

SH doesn't speak. Too much pain and confusion are running through him. But he notices himself leaning closed into Sg's face. Looking into her eyes and at he luscious lips over and over again.

SG- what are you doing?

SH- I-- I have an urg..

SG- please stop.

SH doesn't. He is even fighting against Sg's slight push against him.

Sg- what about MOLLY?!?!

That was it SH was out of his urg and flew away from SG. What was wrong with him? He walks out the flat and back up to his. He grabs his coat, scarf and shoes. Quickly puts them on and heads to Molly's. Just to turn around and head to the morge. She's working.
When he arrives so many questions are running through his mind and he doesn't understand any of them, but they all tend to circle around Susanne Grimmy. When he walks into Molly's office she's inspecting a body and gives out a yelp when she sees sherlock.

M- darling, you're not suppose to be here... Well I-- I mean you should've called. I'm working.

SH- I know, but we needed to talk.

M- why? What did I do?

SH- you didn't do anything. It's about my work.

M- did they finally call you in for help?

SH- no, but my replacement asked for my help.

M- no.You can't work with her.

SH- why?

M- she's just like you just she's never nice to me.

SH- I was never nice to you.

M- but you came around.

SH- oh. Well I am working with her.

M- she's dating Mycroft.

SH- Mycroft?! He actually is settling down?

M- yes. And he invited us for dinner. I wasn't going to take it but I want you to see them tog-- tonight... Since you're working with Susanne and haven't seen much of Mycroft.

SH- no.

M- yes or I'll bring another date.

SH- you wouldn't.

M- I would. Now leave and let me finish so we can head there now.

Molly turns and pushes sherlock out of the room. Sherlock doesn't fight it, but more questions through his head, ones about his brother and Susanne. He had a stomach turning feeling when Molly informed him about Susanne and his brother. Why does it bother him so much?? He left and stayed home just thinking about his feelings for Susanne and how he had only felt this way about John. He loved John, he did, but he had to move on when John was officially married. Moved on too quickly, but now he has feelings for someone who isn't Molly. Did he ever had real feelings for Molly? *ring, ring* his phone rung. He answered,

SH- who is this?

MH- Mycroft Holmes. Where are you?

SH- in my new flat. Why?

MH- did Molly not tell you about dinner?

SH- more like threatened. Why?

Mh- why aren't you here then?

SH- because it's not time for dinner.

MH- yes 6:39pm sherlock.

SH- what?! Already?

MH- mhm.

SH- on my way.

With that he hung up his phone and dressed himself and left.
He ran outside and called for a cab. He jumped in, told them to go to mycroft's but told the cabby to wait. He got a text.

"I don't know where you are going Mr.Holmes, but it's in my flat"-SG

"Nevermind. Keep the cash."

The cabby nodded and sherlock exit the cab and walked up into flat 221B.


Sherlock knocked on the door and just pronounced himself in. Everyone cheered for his arrival. John and Mary Watson and their baby were also there. Mycroft out in front of everyone with his arm wrapped around Susanne.

"Welcome Brother. It's so nice for you to join us."

It burns. The feeling he has seeing his brother touching Susanne.

SH-"Well it was either this or watching crap telly with mrs.hudson."

SG- mrs.hudson it here. Did Molly threaten you?

M- I did no s---

SG- do shut up. Yes you did. You're playing with your fingers and biting your lip. You threatened to show up with another man, probably the man you work with who has been giving you a large amount of attention lately.

M- you always say such mean things. We're leaving. C'mon darling.

SH- no. I'm staying.

M-what?!

SH- I'm. Staying. - Sherlock say slowly and sternly.

Molly grunts and storms out of that flat and slams the door.
Mycroft gives SG a side hug,

Mh- my love, was that necessary?

SG- of course. She needed to be put in her place. Only criminals and people who are hiding something threaten people.

SH- thank you. I didn't realize Molly's actions.

SG- you haven't seen her. She's always working because you don't give her the attention she wants where dr.Jordan does.

SH- hm. Well, I am not dealing with that.

JW- what does that mean?

SH- obviously she doesn't care for who I am as a person and my feelings so we no longer will be seeing eachother as a couple.

JW- isn't that a bit harsh?

SH- of course not Watson.

There was an awkward silence and then everyone went back to conversing and eating. Sherlock didn't do much of either. He has no appetite, nor ideas of conversation besides about the questions floating about in his mind about Susanne. He stood there looking outside the window, with a glass of red wine in hand. A gentle, slender hand rests itself in his shoulder. He knows who it is because the electrical feeling rushes through his body.

SG- shall I take you home? You've had a rough night and you don't look amused at all.

Sherlock turns his head and looks at Susanne. She was right. He nods and heads to his belongings, collects them and begins to leave. SG does the same but says,

SG- I'm taking sherlock home. I'll be back.

She picks up speed and catches up to sherlock. He doesn't speak really and doesn't look at her.

SH- you can leave now.
He says as he plops himself in his chair. She's removing her coat, she has no intent on leaving yet.

SG- what's wrong? Don't make me guess, just tell me.

Sherlock looks at her, deep into her eyes. That burning feeling rushes up into his face.

SG- Mr. Holmes?

She sits [sideways] on SH lap and wraps her arms abound his neck! Loosely. He doesn't look away from her gaze. He follows along though; he slowly slides his hands around her waist and places his head on her shoulder. She's a little surprised. She rests her head on his. She runs her fingers through every single curl on his head. Patient and waiting for an answer still.

SH- I don't love Molly. I never did.

SG doesn't reply. She let's him begin his rant.

SH- I fell in love with John, forcefully moved on to Molly. But I have no feelings for her, she's a friend, nothing more. But y---

Just then his flat door opens up and Molly waltzes in and places grocery bags on the floor. She has no make up on and has a bag of clothes. SH lifts his head and SG looks at the Molly.

M- I'm sorry darling about our little fight. That little twit doesn't know what she's talking about. Dr.Jordan is just a friend, I'm in love with yo-- OH!

Molly looks up and sees SH and SG.

SG- I'm a "twit"?!

M- and a tart!

SG- says the cheater! Ha!

M- and what are you doing??

SG- comforting your ex.

M- he's not my "ex".

SH- yes, I am.

M- what?

SH- you heard me. I'm your ex. Whatever that is, I assume it means I'm no longer your "lover". You have feelings for Dr. Jordan and I have none towards you.

M- but towards SG? You are a terrible person.

SH- I don't have feelings for SG. I Had feelings for John, now I have none for anyone. Now leave my flat.

Molly gives a teary eye glare at SG.

M- this is YOUR FAULT!

SH- GET OUT!
Sherlock yells. Making both woman jump. Molly picks up her things and storms out. The slam of the door frightened sherlock.

SG- are you okay mr. Holmes?

SH- call me sherlock. And I'm fine. You should go.

SG nods and kisses SH on the forehead. She lifts herself off SH and places her coat on herself.

SG- you have my number. If you need or know anything just call.

She doesn't wait for an answer but she leaves, sherlock left starring at a closed door. He picks up his phone and sends out a text.
SG 's phone rings and she looks at it.

"You're so tiny. It's cute." -SH

She places her phone back in her pocket and smiles. She enters her flat again. Mycroft looking worried.

Mh- my love, there was yelling. Is everything all right?

SG- Molly is gone and sherlock is upset.

MH- will he be alright.

SG- give me a case and he will be.

MH- yes, I forgot about your new partner.

JW- new-- new partner?

SG- yes. Keep him occupied.

JW nods a tad bit jealous. With that everyone continued on with their night and when everyone, except MH. He stayed and helped clean up.

SG- shouldn't you be going mr.government? Don't want you murdered.

MH- I have my people watching Baker Street, for due reason. I'll be fine to stay the night.

SG- ou! We're upgrading to staying the night.

Mh- hehe. Yes we are my love. Isn't that what couples do? Sleep in the same house? Same room? Same bed?

SG hugs MH and kisses him slowly and passionately.

MH- I am a lucky man. My brothers alive and I have the most wonderful woman alive in love with me.

SG- oh darling, you spoil me. I am the lucky one here. .... I'm the freak. Just intelligent and beautiful. Nothing more.

MH- my love, you are more than that. Just like my brother. Don't ever listen to what others say unless it's the truth.

They slid their hands together. And walked into SG 's bedroom. Got into the night wear and went to bed.
Sherlock, sat there in his chair all night. No sleep. No food. Just him questioning his feelings and missing Mrs. Grimmy. He picks up his phone and dials John's number.

JW- Sherlock, it's 3am.

SH- John I have a problem.

JW- oh! the mighty Sherlock Holmes has a problem? Wow got to blog about this.

SH- very funny. It's about my feelings.

JW- feelings? You have feelings?

SH- I know you're tired, but you don't have to be rude.

JW- you woke me up at 3am and you're telling me not to be rude?!

SH- yes.

JW- goodbye sherlock.

John hangs up the phone and turns back into bed.
Sherlock looks at the phone, holds it up to his year and repeats saying john's name. Nothing. He closes the phone. He looks off into space, to only decide to play violin. He walks over to it and begins to play the song he wrote about Irene Addler. That's how he passed the night.
At early sun rise Sherlock jerks awake from hearing the piano and a soft voice singing. It was coming from his old flat, it was Susanne. Sherlock didn't want to interrupt, for he actually liked the sound of her skill. He sat there in his chair, cleaning his violin and listening to the soft singing and piano playing of Susanne. Then a door opens in her flat, but she doesn't stop playing piano, just no more singing.

SH- hullo darling. You weren't in bed this morning, where were you?

MH- at work of course.

Mycroft. He always seems to interfere with things that please Sherlock, but sherlock continues to ease drop.

SG- oh! Usually, you wake me to tell me you love me. It was just... Odd.

MH- I wanted you to get a good nights rest is all, love. You had a rough night last night.

SG- I've had worse! You know that.

MH- well, yes, but they weren't with my brother.

SG- I like sherlock in fact. Remember he's my partner.

Mh- partner?! -mh yelps, not remembering the deal SG and SH made.

SG- only thought it was fair that you get your new partner, being my sister, I'll make mine your brother. Only difference, sherlock is good at his job and doesn't flirt with his boss.

With that last tone sherlock knew SG was upset and was coming to visit. She had a case already. One she could clearly do alone, but wanted to have someone to distract her from Mycroft.

© 2014 HighFunctioningSociopath


Author's Note

HighFunctioningSociopath
Please don't get upset with me for writing fan fiction and I'm kinda rusty-haven't written in a while and this is not the final draft. So,Advice please :)
I also use initials instead of writing their full name:
SH- Sherlock
MH- Mycroft Holmes
SG- Susanne Grimmy
JW- John Watson
MW- Mary Watson
M-Molly Hooper
MSH- Mrs.Hudson
SD- Sally Donovan
PA- Philip Anderson
GL- Greg Lestrade

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on May 30, 2014
Last Updated on May 30, 2014
Tags: Sherlock

Author

HighFunctioningSociopath
HighFunctioningSociopath

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada



About
I write fan fiction. I am quiet a geek and I don't respond to hate. Advice and ideas are welcomed. Thank you :) please enjoy my work more..

Writing