A Few Red Roses

A Few Red Roses

A Story by HighFunctioningSociopath
"

It came to me as a dream. Just a short story. If you like sweet, romantic, "I wish that'd happen to me" type stories, then you'll like those. ENJOY.

"
"Forever?"

"Forever." Josh answered with a smile. He kisses hr goodbye and they spend the next six hours suffering in high school.

On the bus ride home some guy stops the bus. It was Josh. Josh keeps himself low so Alexis wouldn't see him. The bus driver let's him on and he stands up tall and clears his throat hoping to get her attention. He grips the bouquet of red roses tighter.

It was common for the bus to break down, so Alexis ignores the sudden halt and silence and just continues to star out the window. She blocks out everyone so she couldn't hear the questions floating around about who this guy was.

Josh looks at the bouquet and giggles.

"You see ladies and gentlemen, I'm here, holding a bouquet of her favourite flower, so I can confess my love to a girl who isn't even paying any attention to her surroundings!"

No reply from her. He continues,

"Before you younger fellows start shouting 'we' you should know why I love her."

A little kid starts saying ew. Josh turns and points right at the kid.

"Shut it."
He slowly begins making his way towards Alexis.

"Hmm... Where do I begin? Well, first thing that I fell in love with were her eyes. Those deep blue eyes. As useless as they may be at seeing into the distance, they sure are gorgeous and perfectly good at making you feel safe and secure and they're brilliant at deducing people. -still nothing- ugh! Next, her smile. Oh my god! Just thinking about it gives me butterflies! And her laugh is so adorable and uplifting. Her voice is the voice of an angle, even you are dead set she's a heartless and blunt monster. She's not!"

'Monster' was what caught Alexis' attention. She slid her self up straight in her seat and stared at Josh on shock and amazement.

"There we go. Now my darling Alexis, I have a very serious matter that needs to be dealt with."

He's at her seat now. He grabs her hand gently and slowly pulls her to her feet. Everyone is gasping and saying really long 'awe"s. Alexis and Josh just giggle.

"I know she's the best. Anyways. Alexis, I've never had anyone, except maybe my goldfish... Bruno, if ya'll were wondering."

He winks at everyone.

"Squirrelle?"

"Yes. Aren't I the worst?"

"Eeeeh..."

"You can shut up missy!"

"Sorry, sorry!"

" ANYWAYS!! Alexis, I've never, in my entire life, have met anyone who is as amazing,understanding and GAZZLION other wonderful things, like you are. You made me... Oh god... I've never felt like this before. "

A teenage boy in the back yells, "SPIT IT OUT!"

"Alright, alright. Geeze. I've fallen in love with you. Please... Please... Please! Accept my love but loving me back. Do... Do you love me?"

Alexis is all choked up, trying to hold tears back,

"I..."

He cuts her off, " and don't be afraid! I know, you've been abused, used and cheated on a million times. So many people have given up on you. All well! They're loss! I'll work on us if you do too. I'm sorry in advance for all the times I'll make you cry or mad. Just please le--"

She pulls him close and kisses him. He slowly eases into it and they kiss passionately. He slides his hands around her waist. She pulls away and slowly opens her eyes. The younger kids are screaming we while the older kids, including the bus driver are holding their breath waiting for her reply.

"I do.."

He pulls her quickly towards him and kisses her again. Everyone cheering!

He slides into her seat and they smile for the rest of the ride.

They were the topic of the month and everyone envious.


They were madly in love, they were each others only weakness, but they never stopped working on things. No ever gave up.


It was a nice spring day. A crowd of people watching them as they stand on a oak tree saying their vows. Before the priest asks them for their "i do's" Alexis whispers and asks Josh,

"Forever?"

Josh begins to cry. Everyone gasping and awing. He replys for the crowd to hear,

"Forever."

© 2014 HighFunctioningSociopath


Author's Note

HighFunctioningSociopath
NOT FAN FICTION!!!

I had a dream and this was it. 99% of my writing is my day dreams and dreams.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A pleasant, almost innocent idea for a quick story. Found myself wanting to know more about the principles. Your pace and the construction need work, but the idea behind the writting is sound.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Added on June 4, 2014
Last Updated on June 4, 2014
Tags: Love, romance, weddings, true love, short story

Author

HighFunctioningSociopath
HighFunctioningSociopath

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada



About
I write fan fiction. I am quiet a geek and I don't respond to hate. Advice and ideas are welcomed. Thank you :) please enjoy my work more..

Writing