Of Affection, Love and Longing ...

Of Affection, Love and Longing ...

A Story by Roy

 I feel alive. After a long, long time. And I feel love. It's not one of those nights when I yearn for her. This feeling is way, way different. Tonight I am not even tempted to think of her. Since the last couple of days, I seem to have shed the darker shade of myself. Office has been irksome at times, but I don't feel like complaining. I have come across a couple of pretty damsels this week. And I have never had even the slightest inclination of checking them out. I have been content in watching their faces unblinkingly - watching them go on with their daily routine called life. And it would be unfair if I let the sight of the girl at Shoppers' Stop erode from my failing memory. The red dress, the warmth that exuded from her as she taught the mesmerized shoppers a quick lesson on the latest trends, the fragrance, her hair as it gently rested on her face from time to time - touching her cheeks, her lips. I felt redeemed. As my eyes continued to follow her, she turned. I smiled my moronic smile. She smiled gently in return.”

 

The above is a page off my personal diary. Not literally enriching, I daresay. But it does emphasize the most valued emotion that mankind has ever experienced. A feeling that has been sung of in many a song, praised in many a novel, and immortalized by many a public figure – philosophers, princes and paupers alike. The tale of love has spanned quite an epoch –from the days of Adam and Eve, right through the saga of Romeo and Juliet to the age of ‘Sweet November’. With the power of rejuvenating even a withered twig (or so people say), this quaint emotion has been oft portrayed to symbolize ecstasy, the ethereal, the eternal. Yet Man has been at a loss to explain the phenomenon that lights up his mundane life – brings a smile to his face and a skip in his step, even if for a fleeting moment. ‘Words cannot express my love for you’. A clichéd statement, sans doubt. But it also summarizes Man’s unsuccessful attempt at comprehending the loftiest sentiment he has been blessed with.

© 2008 Roy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on December 5, 2008
Last Updated on December 5, 2008

Author

Roy
Roy

Singapore



About
(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js.. more..

Writing
Shadows Shadows

A Poem by Roy


Fallacies Fallacies

A Poem by Roy