Blood and Tyranny - prologue -

Blood and Tyranny - prologue -

A Chapter by Mel
"

To overcome extreme oppression, one must use extreme aggression. We will not stand by and watch; we will fight to our deaths.

"

Remember, remember
The fifth of November;
The gun powder, treason, and plot.
I see no reason
For the gun powder treason
To ever be forgot.

*
                I remember watching a movie once. It was a dark movie, full of politics and murder; liberation. It epitomized a thought I had had once; to overcome extreme oppression, once must use extreme aggression.
                I believed in this thought. Passivity didn’t get attention. You cannot get freedom by simply standing idly, believing in a just cause but never trying to attain it. No. To receive freedom, you must take it by force. No man will ever just hand you your freedom; men like power too much. Humans love knowing that they have control. If you want control over your life, you must be willing to fight for it, because other are not always so willing to fight for you.
                Even though I believed in this thought, I never dared think that I would have to see it through. My country was safe, war-free. No one would take it by force, we were too well protected.
                But I was wrong.
                They came at us during the night, sneaking through our cities, our homes. Some of us woke to the sounds of gun shots, of bombs exploding, of people dying painfully on the streets, in their homes.
                Some of us didn’t wake up at all.
                Many of us tried to fight, believe me, we did. But there was only so much you could do against these... people. Truly, they aren’t people at all. Or perhaps they are. Yet they are different from us. They are the same in appearance, but they wield some sort of magic, a defence within themselves and we cannot kill them. We cannot stop them.
                They call themselves the Arduannes, the true people of the earth; mythical and beautiful and angelic, as they like to believe. Mythical, perhaps, with their ability to use magic. Beautiful, definitely; they are all so gorgeous that it hurts sometimes. But angelic? No. These people are barbaric; taking away our freedom, taking away our dignity.
                Most of us live how they choose to make us live; we have curfews, and certain ways to dress, and certain things that we cannot speak about.
                But there are those of us who will not stop fighting. I am one of them. We choose who we are, and we will not rest until we can live again, in freedom, with our liberation for all to see.
                This is our fight. This is our cause. This is our vendetta.


© 2009 Mel


Author's Note

Mel
So what do you think? I haven't really gotten into character here, I just wanted to lay out the setting and create a prologue that tells you what this is about. But besides all that, do you like the writing? Does it have potential?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was just thinking of this movie.
Love the writing. It does have potential in my opinion.
I really love how this can easily be turned into a very emotional and powerful monologue.
I can see the images it creates clearly in my head.
This reminds me a lot of one of my friend's writings and I think it makes me like it a whole lot more.
I think you did a wonderful job with this. =)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2008
Last Updated on April 2, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

Mel
Mel

About
I am indescribable, but which of us isn't? I am whimsical at best. My interests vary; a bi-polar spectrum of wants and feelings and needless thoughts; wants for the passions I desire; feelings for th.. more..

Writing
Speak Speak

A Poem by Mel


Mask Mask

A Poem by Mel