Playing Games

Playing Games

A Chapter by Elle Santiago
"

Chapter Two

"
As promised, Patricia takes Beth to the park where the two can study. However, to Patricia's dismay, Beth decides to go to the skate park where she can easily daze off while watching a bunch of high school boys skate around the ramps.

They walk past ramps, poles, and steep hills that form the skate park, everything being graffiti to add color and personality on the gray background. Patricia scowls at Beth from behind as Beth strolls along the park, ogling at the boys, until they reach the bleachers at the far end of the skate park. They place themselves in the middle, setting their book bags on the bench above. Patricia doesn't bother speaking, knowing how Beth will only be wasting her precious homework-study time, and begins on her science homework.

"Isn't this great?" Beth oozes, a beaming smile plasters across her doll face. She looks over at Patricia and asks, "Why must you do homework, Tricia? There are plenty of hot guys to-"

"Distract you from your work."

Beth ignores her comment and says, "I never planned on studying, Trish. I'm trying to get you out of those books!" She stands from her seat and stretches out her slender, long arms. A loud groan and cracking of the bone follows briefly after, giving Patricia the urge to push her down the tall bleachers. But that will be plain rude and ignorant. So, Patricia scowls into her notebook, still scribbling.

"No! Bad, Tricia!" Beth pulls away the notebook and book bag from Patricia, and quickly dashes down the bleachers.

"Bethany! Give me back my things!" Patricia cries out, sprinting down the bleachers ungracefully after Beth. Her eyes widen when she sees Beth giving away her items to a boy on a skateboard. He strolls away quickly, leaving Patricia yelling after him.

With a cheeky smirk and broad posture, Beth takes hold of her friend's wrist, guiding her to the bench across from the half pipes. "Now that the deed is done," she says, lowering her eyes to make sure Patricia won't kill her. "Let's go and play a game."

"A game? You steal my things and hand them off to a scruffy stranger and you want to play a game?" Patricia clenches her teeth, balling her hands into fists, ready to pound Beth to the ground.

Beth shrugs and smirks once more. "Sure. And he's not a scruffy stranger, Trish. He's one of my good friends-"

"Right, right. And this is why you wanted to study? To send my things to your scruffy friend?"

"Stop saying that! Adam has done nothing to you!"

"Oh I beg to differ! He stole my things, Bethany!"

"No need for the full name. There's no reason to be this mad. I just simply let him take hold of it until I'm done."

"Done what?"

"Remaking you, Tricia." Beth begins to twirl a lock of golden, curled hair with her index finger. She smiles at a boy with rusty brown hair and light brown eyes. Patricia groans, knowing the pain and suffering she'll soon face.

The boy strolls over on his skateboard with his hands shoved onto his jean pockets. His gaze fixes on Patricia before he takes the time to introduce himself.

"Hey," he greets softly with a slight crack.

Beth nudges Patricia for her to say something. Patricia ignores her plea and stares up at the sky and pretends to be fascinated.

Beth rolls her eyes and looks up at the boy. "Hey Mark, I see you got that Tony Hawk skateboard, huh?" She grins and leans back against the wooden bench comfortably.

"Oh, yeah.You noticed? Wh-who's your friend?" Mark eyes Patricia once more before taking a seat next to Beth.

"That's Tricia-"

"Patricia," she snaps, not taking her gaze away from the sky.

Mark nods and clears his throat.

"When am I getting my things back?" Patricia snaps, glowering at Beth.

Beth smears a smile on her lips and grabs hold of Patricia's wrist. She drags her away from the bench and onto the grass, a few yards away from Mark. Patricia yanks away her hand and crosses her arms across her chest. Her bangs flutter into her light emerald eyes, giving Patricia a hard time to glare.

"What is the matter with you?" Beth sneers, glancing over her shoulder at Mark.

"A lot of things," Patricia retorts sarcastically.

The smile fades and Beth heaves a sigh, trying to figure out how to function her. "What do you want?"

"My things. That's all I want. I want to go home, do my schoolwork, and make sure you won't come knocking on my bedroom door." Patricia furrows her brows angrily, keeping her voice steady and low.

"Fine. You can have your things, but only if you play nice."

"But-"

"Play nice."

Patricia groans loudly and drops her arms to her sides. After a long second of debating, she breathes, "Fine."


© 2011 Elle Santiago


Author's Note

Elle Santiago
Yeah, it's rough and slow, only 'cause it's the beginning. Please sit tight my imaginary readers!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh. My. God. pleeease keep writing and post it! I need to read more! please! This is amazing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 24, 2011
Last Updated on November 24, 2011


Author

Elle Santiago
Elle Santiago

Rock 'N' Roll Avenue<3 Aha:P, PA



About
Welcome, love, to the mystical land of Elle! Elle Santiago is simply my pen name, in which, I won't state my real name. Mwahahahaha! I have this fear of sharks. And clowns. And this dude who says ".. more..

Writing