Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:

A Chapter by xxxVampiratePrincess

As soon as the nurse was out of the room, he moved away from me and I glared at him. 

"Fiancé?" I inquired, pulling the covers up to my chin. 

"They would on let you go into the care of someone that you know and they trust," he explained, settling into the chair on the far side of the room. 

I dragged me knees to my chest, and started to rock back and forth. 

The nurse came in and told Alex that she had some papers he needed to sign. 

Without another glance or word for me, he walked out of the room. 

Tearing the covers off myself, and swinging my legs over the side of the bed, I stood up, staggering slightly. 

I felt a cool breeze on my backside, and realized I was wearing a hospital gown. I groaned. What were the purpose of these things? 

I started to walk away, when I was interupted by a tugging on the inside of my elbow. Looking down, I saw that there was an IV attached to my arm. I gulped. I really hated needles.  

I closed my eyes, and turned my head away.

 

1...

 

2...

 

3!!!!

I yanked out the IV, and winced at the pain. I looked back at my arm, and noted that I was bleeding slightly. 

Cursing, I located some cotton balls in a jar, on the counter beside my bed. 

Reaching inside, I got one, placed it on the spot, and applied pressure. Keeping it in place with my chin, I found the gauze tape, and taped the cotton ball to the inside of my wrist. 

I located my clothes on the other side of the room, laid over a chair. I grabbed them, and headed to the bathroom to change. 

The bathroom was the sterile kind that was in most hospitals, the kind that are so sterile you are afraid to even sit on the toilet because you are afraid the alarm will go off. 

I pulled the night gown over my head, and let it drop to the floor. There was a floor length mirror in the bathroom, surprisingly. I took the time to study myself. I had long hair, that went in curls down my back. My eyes were a hazel mixture that changed with what I wore, and what emotion I was feeling. The doctors had exclaimed they had never seen anything like it. 

I had an voluptuous body I guess. Ample chest, small waist, and wide hips. And just enough butt to say I had one. 

Standin there in my bra and panties, I could see my rose tattoo. It rested right on my panty line. 

Another key to my identity. 

Obviously I had gotten it before I had lost my memory. It hadn't looked new either. I had had it for a while it seemed. 

There was a knock on the door, and then the knob slowly started to turn. 

I squeaked, and jumped in the shower, pulling the curtain around my body. 

"Adelina?" Alex asked, poking his head around the door. 

I glared at him.  

"You know it's courtesy to knock before you enter a room-," 

"I did knock," he said smugly interrupted. 

"-and then wait for an answer of acknowlegement!" 

He stepped farther into the room, and closed the door. 

"What are you even doing in here?" 

"Uh changing into my clothes, duh?" I said sarcastically. 

He picked up the clothes I had laid on the sink counter. 

"You mean these?" he asked, holding them up. 

"Yes those," I hissed. "Hand them over!" 

I held out my hand. 

He smiled. 

"Come and get them," he said, and sat down on the commode. 

I sighed in exasperation. 

"I don't even know you, Mr. Ionescu!" I exclaimed. 

"Oh, I think you do," he said quietly, almost too quietly. 

He was confusing me. 

"Excuse me?" I questioned, puzzled. 

He sighed. 

"Nothing, Miss Smith," he said, placing my clothes in my outstretched palm. "I will be waiting for you outside." 

And on that final note, he walked out the door. 

"He is a very strange man!" I whispered to myself. 

I stepped out of the shower and put on my clothes. 

 

When I stepped back out, he was waiting patiently by the door. 

"You ready?" 

"Yes, I suppose so," I replied uncomfortably. 

"What is it?" 

"Why are you doing this?" 

"Doing what?" 

"Taking me to the hospital, taking me home from the hospital...," 

"Is it that hard to believe that I would have an interest in you?" 

I spluttered for a moment. How could someone possibly be interested in me? 

He took my arm, and I was escorted like Cinderella out of the hospital. 

When we were out in the parking lot, he veered off, heading towards a red sportscar.  

I gasped. "Is that a Porshe?" 

He shrugged nonchalantly. "I guess," he said. "I just got it yesterday." 

"Why yesterday?" I asked. "Was there some special reason why you just a car yesterday or is this just a spur of the moment thing?" 

"Considering this is my first car," he said. "I thought why not get something fancy to drive my love in," 

I scrunched my nose. "My love? Do you have a love?" Why was I feeling so jealous? 

"Yes I do, but she has been gone for a long time," he said. 

We slid into the car, and he cranked it, and reved the engine. 

I could feel the rumble all the way up my body. It felt so good to feel the engine purr. 

We were half way down the road before I ventured to ask the question.  

"What happened to her?" I asked. 

"Her who?" he asked in return. 

"Your love," I prompted. 

There was a long silence, but then he fianally spoke. 

"We were so happy together," he said. "We had just had our first child, a beautiful baby girl. We named her Aiyanna," 

"That is such a pretty name," I murmured. 

"My wife thought so too," he chuckled. 

"Oh, you were married to her?" 

"Yes, she is my entire world," he sighed. He glanced at me with tears in his eyes. 

"Wait, you said that she is your entire world," I said. "Is she still alive?" 

"Oh, yes I think so," he said. 

"You think so?" 

"She was kidnapped, Adelina," he whispered. "And we presumed her dead," 

"Who is we?" I asked. 

But he continued as if he didn't hear me. 

"We found scraps of her clothing, but not her," The tears were coming earnestly now. "Its all my fault, my princess! If only I had been there when Belladonna's men had taken you-," 

"Watch the road, Alex!" I yelled, grabbing the steering wheel before he hit the car in the opposite lane. 

The other car honked it's horn, startling Alex out of his memories. He grabbed the steering wheel, and got back into our lane. 

I was taking deep breaths, nearly having an asthma attack. 

"I am sorry, I usually don't lose my composure like that," he said stiffly. 

"It's okay," I soothed. "You were describing a tramatic event. It is perfectly understandable," 

"Will you join me for dinner tonight?" he asked me. 

The abrupt question startled me. "What?" 

"Will you have dinner with me tonight?" 

I recoiled. "Aren't you married?" 

"She is probably no longer alive," he said. "It's just my overactive imagination." 

"But what if she is, and we are so deeply involved that my heart gets broken?" 

He jerked his head towards me. "I will never break your heart," 

I bit my lip. "I guess one little dinner won't hurt," 

"Thank you," he said, sighing in relief. "I don't think I could stand it if you turned me down," 

To my immense surprise we were already at the bookshop. He parked, but left the car idling. 

"Pick you up at 7?" he inquired. 

"Sure," I said, suddenly shy. I gave him my address, and then he drove away, making my hair spin wildly around me. 

I walked up to the door, and to my surprise, found it locked. I fished my keys out of my pocket. Alex must have locked up before he took me to the hospital. 

Unlocking the door, and stepping inside, I was surpised at how cold it was. It was usually so warm, almost like summer. 

Chill bumps instantly rose up on my arms. There had to be a draft coming in from somewhere. I found my jacket on the back of an overstuffed chair, and I shrugged it on, and zipped it up. That was a little better. 

I climbed the iron, spiral staircase that led to the 2nd floor. Yep, the draft was definetly coming from up here. 

"Brrrr!" I shivered. I blew out, and I could tell where my breath made white puffs in the air. 

"What the heck?" I shrieked. 

That was certainly unusual. I walked around the room and noticed it kept getting colder, and colder. 

"I must be nearing the spot," I said to myself.

 

Colder....

 

Colder...

 

Coldest!

 

I was standing in front of a book case, and the draft seemed to be coming from behind it. 

My brow furrowed, I felt along the edges of the book case.  

My hands met icy cold, and I hurridly pulled my hand back. My eyes grew wide. 

There, on my finger tips, was snow. 

There was a jingling on the ground floor, and my head snapped up. 

There were some scuffling sounds, and then silence. 

My nerves suddenly on edge, I picked up the closet thing to me, which happened to be an acient Egytian pot that I had found at an anitique mall. 

Is either my life, or the pot's, and I was planning on living a while longer. 

"Hello?" I called, hoping whoever it was would just go away. 

"Is anyone down there?" I called out again.  

Still no answer. Frowning, I walked over to the steps, and then started to creep down them. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, the rustling sound came again. 

I peeked around the corner, and didn't see anyone. 

I looked in the storage room, still nothing. 

The little bedroom behind the staircase I searched. 

I also checked behind the counter, and heck, I even checked out the storage window. 

Still couldn't find anyone. 

Sighing with relief, I set the artifact down on the bookshelf. I was about to settle into the overstuffed chair, when I heard a little mewl from beneath me. 

Startled, I jumped up, and prepared to fight. Then I glanced down into the chair. 

There was a black cat sitting in my chair. He calmly stared up at me, his blue eyes looking strait into mine. He had a white ring that went around his neck, and then down in a straight line down his chest .  

"How did you get in here, kitty kitty?" I said, holding out my hand. 

He immediatly put his head up to my hand, purring softly. I scratched behind his ears, and felt for a collar. Finding it, I bent down to look for any ID, and dicovered a piece of paper instead. 

"What is this you have on, pretty boy?" I crooned. 

I took the paper off his collar, and unfolded it. It read simply, "Take care of Edgar, he needs a good home," 

I looked down at the cat. 

"Your name is Edgar?" I asked. "What kind of a name is that?" 

Shrugging my shoulders, I just happened to glance down at my watch.  

"Holy Smokes, it is almost 6:30! I have to get ready!" 

I scooped up Edgar, who gave a cry of protest before resting on my shoulder. He rubbed his head against my hair, purring contentedly. 

I quickly shut off all the lights, flipped the closed sign, and locked up. 

I walked over to my Volkswagon Bug, with Edgar perched on my shoulder. I suddenly felt uneasy, as if someone was watching me. I turned around, but found no one. 

Edgar hissed, which made me speed up my walk to my car even more. My low heels slapped against the pavement. 

The slacks I was wearing made the fabric against fabric sound when they rubbed together, and the sound was very loud in the silence. 

I breathed a sigh of relief. I had made it to my car. I shoved the key into the lock, and unlocked it. I slid into the driver's seat, and Edgar jumped into my lap. 

I jammed the key into the ignition, and cranked the car. But the engine refused to start. I cursed. 

"Start, damn it, start!" I urged it. "Don't quit on me now," 

I heard Edgar hiss, and that made me look up. There, about twenty feet away from my car, was a black wolf. 

"Oh s**t!" I whispered. I hardly ever cursed. What was a wolf doing in an urban area? 

The wolf pulled back it's teeth and growled. 

I knew I was going to die. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"I thought you said she was dead, Exac?" the woman on the throne asked. 

"I thought she was, my queen," The bodyguard shifted uncomfortably. 

"You were to see to it that she was, you embicile!" the queen shreiked. She got up, and started pacing around the throne room. 

"With all due repect your majesty, I wasn't with the boys when they-," 

"Oh, spare me your excuses!" She waved a hand, and the man instantly turned to ice. 

"And you!" sh said, pointing a finger at the ice man's companion. 

He gulped. "Y-yes, my lady?" 

"What have you to report?" 

"W-well W-wolf has g-gone aft-ter her," he spluttered. 

The queen smiled. "Well that's good, isn't it? She will finally be out of my hair for good!" 

She cackled, then turned the other man to ice just because she felt like it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Okay, breathe, Adelina, breathe! I was chanting to myself in my head. 

The wolf was staring at me, and I could have sworn I saw him lick his lips. 

Adelina can you hear me? A voice in my head said. A male voice. 

I whipped my head around. 

"Who said that?" I asked. 

That doesn't matter, Addy, but you have to listen to me, my love. 

"Who are you?"  

Why are you always so stubborn? 

I could hear the smile in the voice. 

"Okay, who ever you are, what do you want me to do?" I asked, calming myself down a little bit. 

I want you to calmly try to crank the car one more time. It will work this time. 

"How do you know-," 

Just start it okay? There was annoyance in the voice now. 

"Okay, okay, chill out!" I nearly yelled. "Okay Adelina, One, Two, Three!" 

I cranked the car, and this time it started. 

The wolf started stalking toward the car. 

I put the car in gear, and...stomped on the gas! The wheels just squealed, the car not moving.  

The parking brake, Addy! came the voice again. Release the parking break! 

I released the parking break, and the car sped forward. I went straight for the wolf. Unfortunately, he jumped out of the way before I could run over him. 

I pulled out into the street, the back of the car fishtailing. I quickly sped for home. 

"Oh my gosh, that was the most frightening thing!" 

You were wonderful, mon amour! the voice came.  

"Who are you?" I asked again, hoping for an answer. 

Edgar put his paws on my chest, and looked right into my eyes.  

It does not matter who I am. All that matters is that I am helping you. 

"I must be going crazy!" I whispered. "I'm talking to a cat!" 

Edgar gave a disgruntled yowl. 

"Not that you aren't a very dignified kitty," I said hastily. 

Don't you have a date tonight? 

"Oh my gosh, I nearly forgot!" I shrieked, and sped the rest of the way to my house. 

As soon as I got there, I jumped out of the car with Edgar on my shoulder. Still having that uneasy feeling, I hastned my steps to the door, unlocked it, and stepped inside. 

Edgar jumped off my shoulder, and was off.  

"Edgar, where are you going," 

Just checking out the premises! 

I snorted, and climbed the stairs to my room. My parents were on a road trip to Arizona. They had always wanted to to go to Las Vegas, so I told them to take off, and have fun. So, I had the house all to myself. And, after what happened tonight, that didn't seem as exciting as it once did. 

When I stepped into my room, I felt instantly calmed. The potpourri that my mom had mixed together mad my room smell so so peaceful. 

I walked over to m closet, and pulled open the doors.  

"What should I wear?" I whispered to myself, And instantly thought of the vision of myself as a gypsy. 

Since my closet was so organized, I had no trouble finding the clothing I wanted. 

A colorful ankle length skirt, the floral pattern with the reds, greens, and blues making me dizzy. 

A poet shirt, so flowy and loose I felt as if my upper half was naked. 

Sandals, brown ones to show off my toes. 

And, to complete my look, I found a necklace, and fixed it around my head like a crown. It had a pewter rose that dangled off, and that rose rested right in the middle of my forehead. I spun around, and felt the skirt fly away from my legs. When I stopped, they rested back against them as if it had never left. 

I looked in the mirror, and was completely taken by surprise. 

I didn't recognize the woman in the mirror. She looked flawless, she looked perfect, she looked...immortal. 

I laughed. I had been watching to much True Blood. There was no such thing as immortals, or...vampires. 

Suddenly, my head started to spin. The room started going round and round. I heard voices. 

For a two season cycles, you will leave,  

Until you yourself, start to believe. 

In others, including you, 

And then the ice queen will rue, 

The she dared to cross you. 

Suddenly, I was back in the present. That was so weird. Then, I heard a knock from down stairs. 

"He is here!" I whispered frantically. 

I raced down the stairs, the looked for Edgar. 

"Edgar!"  

But the cat was no where to be found. 

"Dang," I said, maybe a little to loudly. 

"I hope I am not the cause for your dilema," came the voice from the other side of the door. 

I walked over to the door, unlocked it, and released the chain. 

Alex was standing there, one hand behind his back. My breath caught at how handsome he looked. He was wearing a tight black t-shirt that hugged his muscles, jeans that rode low on his hips, and black cowboy boots. 

"You look nice," I complemented. 

"You do as well," I heard him say, and for the first time since he knocked on the door, I looked into his eyes. I was startled by what I found there. 

Hot desire burned in his gaze, making me feel like I was the only woman in the world. I looked down at his mouth, oh that sinful mouth, wanting to kiss him while he was just standing on my doorstep. 

He cleared his throat, making me snap out of her desire state. 

"Are you going to invite me in?" he asked, amusement lacing his tone. 

"O-oh yes," I spluttered. "I guess it wouldn't hurt." 

"Well?" 

"Well what?" I asked, confused. 

"Invite me in, please," he said. 

"Come on," I said. 

"I want to be a gentleman, and wait till you invite me in," he said, his voice sounding a tad uncomfortable. 

"Please come in, Mr. Ionescu?" I invited.  

He smiled a grin, one that made me shiver all over in a good way. 

"I'd be delighted, Miss Smith," 

I smiled back, unable to hide my grin. 

He stepped over the threshold, and suddenly he was right in front of me. 

Then, he took me in his arms and kissed me. 

It was amazing. He was lightly brushing his lips over mine, testing me. Then I felt his tounge against my lips, seeking entry. 

I granted him that entry. I opened my mouth, and his tounge was instantly inside, warming my mouth. 

He tasted like red wine, only better. He must have drank something before he came over. It felt like there was a blend of all spiced across his tounge. My tounge met with his, and we played tonsil hockey. 

As far as I was concerned, this was my first kiss. Not many girls can say they got a French kiss for their first kiss. But I could.  

He started to pull away, but tangled my fingers in his hair, and jerked his head backed to mine. 

It was me this time who intiated the kiss. My lips pulled his bottom lip into my mouth, and I nibbled on it for a moment before letting it loose with a popping sound. My gums ached, but I had no idea why. 

We were both breathing heavily when we finished. He rested his forehead against mine. 

"I have been wanting to do that since we met," he whispered. 

"Me to," 

"I got these for you, though they may be a bit mangled now," 

From behind my back where he had been holding me, he pulled out a bouquet of roses. 

"I love roses!" I exclaimed, taking them from his hand, and inhaling them. 

"I had a feeling you would," he said mysteriously. 

I looked at him. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Ready to go?" he asked, smoothly evading my question. 

"Yes, as soon as I feed Edgar," I said, and went into the kitchen.  

"Who is Edgar?" he asked, following her. 

"This cat someone dropped off at the bookshop," I said absently. I was rifiling through the fridge, looking for some left overs or something. 

"Ah ha!" I said triumphantly, pulling out a tray of tuna caserole.  

Alex wrinkled his nose. 

"That doesn't smell to appetizing, Adelina," he said. 

"It is tuna casserole, it's not supposed to smell good!" I said, and laid the pan in the floor. I reached into the cabinet and got a bowl, then filled it up with water, and set it on the floor too. 

"Hopefully that will be filling for him," I murmured, then turned to Alex.  

"We can't stay out to late," I told him. "I have school tommorow, and if I don't go to school, that means I won't get good grades, and that means I won't be able to transfer to West Georgia, which would mean-,"  

He put his finger to my lips, silencing me. 

"I get the point," he stated with amusement. 

"Good, shall we go then?" 

I grabbed his arm, and dragged him towards the door. Then I noticed the roses that I had laid on the counter when I went into the kitchen. 

"I need to put these into water," I said. 

As soon as that was done, we walked out the door, I locked it, and we went to his Porsche. 

He opened my door for me, and then got in on his side. 

"You won't believe what happened to me!" I said as soon as we cranked in the car, and on the road. 

His lips quirked in a small smile.  

"What happened to you?"  

"A wolf tried to attack me!" 

I saw his whole body tense, and his knuckles turned white against the wheel. 

"It came out of no where," I babbled on. "It was like it wasn't there one minute, and then poof! It was there standing right in front of me!" 

"Were you harmed?" he asked in a tight voice. 

"What?" I said, totally absorbed in my story. 

"Were you harmed?" he asked again. 

"No, I got into the car before he hurt me, and then-," I stopped, because I couldn't tell him I had been talking to the cat. 

"And then?" he prompted. 

"And then, I just cranked the car and pulled out, I finished lamely. 

"That is how it happened?" he asked skeptically. 

"Yes," she hedged. 

There was silence in the car, and I took the moment to study him. 

He looked so good today, in his tight black tshirt, and his blue jeans. He reminded me of a greaser, from the fifties. He had gel in his hair, and it was kind of slicked back, like the traditional greaser hairstyle. His eyes stared strait ahed, not even once flicking over in my direction. I gave into temptation, and put my hand to his face. He tensed up again. 

"What are you doing, Adelina?" 

"Just let me," I said. 

He let me.  

I rubbed my fingers over his jaw, finding a slight stubble. I reached out and caressed his nose. It was finely shaped, and aristocratic. 

I touched his lips next. I rubbed them, and separated them with my thumb. He had full lips, for a man. His lower lip was slightly fuller than his top one, but not enough to take away from his handsomeness. 

Finally, I couldn't take the silence any longer. 

"Where are we going?" I asked.  

"Some place special," he said michieviously, and parked the car on the side of a deserted road, beside a hill. 

"What are you doing, Alex?" I asked, taking my hand away from his face. 

"You'll see," he said, and got out of the car. 

I opened the passenger side door and stepped out, the bells on my skirt twinkling merrily. 

He came around to my side of the car, and took my hand. I grasped it without a second thought. 

We went around to the back of the car, and popped the trunk. 

Inside was a picnic basket, food nearly pouring out of it. 

"We are going on a picnic?" I exclaimed. 

"Yes, just like-," he stopped, and looked away. 

"Just like what?" I asked. 

"Nothing, just get the picnic blanket, please," he said. 

I picked up the checked picnic blanket, and, still holding his hand, followed up the the top of the hill.  

The view that greeted me was amazing. We had a view of the entire city from hill top. Since it was night, the city lights were out, and it looked as if the stars had come down to join us on earth. 

He let go of my hand, and grabbed the blanket. He laid it out on the ground, then place the picnic basket on top. 

He sat down, and then motioned for her to sit down beside him. 

She sat, with her legs up under her, and she peered eagerly into the basket he held.

He pulled out chicken legs, bread, and a bottle of red liquid without a label.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Special blend of wine," he said, and poured me a glass.

I sipped at it, the guzzled it down.

"This is delicious!" I exclaimed, gulping it down.

"Doesn't it taste familiar?" he said.

"What? Why should it?"

"Don't you remember me, Adelina?"

I looked up at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Your real name is Adelina Ionescu, my wife, and ruler, queen if you will, of Elysica, "

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Alex, you're scaring me, " I said.

He grasped my shoulders in his hands.

"Do you truly not remember, Addy?"

"Remember what, Mr. Ionescu?"

"Who you are!"

I stood up, and threw the wine in his face.

"Leave! You are insane!"

"Addy, please listen---,"

I pointed a finger.

"Go!"

He hesitated, then back away into the shadows.

"Your desire is my duty, love,"

I whirled around.

"What did you say?"

But he was already gone.



© 2012 xxxVampiratePrincess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on January 24, 2012
Last Updated on January 24, 2012
Tags: vampire, romance, love, forbidden romance, forbidden, rose, the


Author

xxxVampiratePrincess
xxxVampiratePrincess

Adairsville, GA



About
I'm a senior in high school, and a complete nerd. I am an avid writer and reader. If you want to know more just message me!! more..

Writing