chapter 1: Rose

chapter 1: Rose

A Chapter by Yaksi Hernandez


 
“Hey max! Wait up!” I ran at human pace to not attract as much attention as I was getting right now. I ran to my best friend max. His real name is Maximilian but I call him max. Max is a tough guy but is really loving if you don’t get on his bad side. He has dark brown hair styled like a faux Mohawk. I looked at what he was wearing gray skinny jeans with a red shirt that had a really inappropriate slogan on it, he had red high-tops, a red hat a silver chain and an I <3 BOOBIES bracelet. i rolled my eyes those bracelets were so old yet he says he will bring them back. he acts as if he was bringing back the 60's when he was bring back 2 years ago. He turned around to look at me smiling, holding his girlfriend Mercedes by the waist. Mercedes was my 3rd best friend. She (like me, max, and his sister Nina) was rich but she didn't really like to show it off. She was head cheerleader played volleyball, and basketball and was the leader of the French club which max was in. she was giggling because he was nibbling her ear, I just rolled my eyes, “if you lovebirds are finished I want to ask yousomething,” I said pointing to Max, “oh no Rose you are never getting a rematch! This was the first time I beat you at something, especially something athletic. Please don’t ruin it!” me and max laughed at how he won. I was dribbling the ball when I was about to fly to the hoop and dunk it but max pulled down my basketball shorts. It only lasted a millisecond because of my vampire speed then I got up on the ceiling and stayed quiet until he stopped laughing. He stopped laughing, realizing I wasn't there, “rose? Are you here? Come on I was just kidding plus I didn't see and no one is here! Come on!” when he turned around I fell and landed on his back. He tried to wrestle free but he couldn't with my abnormal strength, then I took off his shorts and ran away with his basketball shorts, “hey rose come on that’s not fair you could’ve easily put them on but you didn't give me a chance to put…” but his voice faded as I ran. And what made it even more hilarious was that he was chasing me around the school and he was wearing Sponge Bob boxers. I finally “gave up” and gave them back to him and he won because of it (even though it was 20-0). By the end of the story we were laughing so hard our faces ere the shade of tomatoes. “hey what are you guys laughing about?” Nina asked. Nina was my 2nd best friend and max’s twin sister. When we finished telling her the story she was on the ground laughing and snorting like crazy, and we were laughing like crazy because while Nina was snorting like a pig everybody was staring at her like she was crazy, “so- what did you want to �"tell me?” max said between laughs. Then we all settled down, “okay so I wanted to ask you if you wanted to see the horse races with me since I feel like winning some money out of punks. I already asked Nina and Mercedes if they wanted to come and they said yes” I said it hopefully because I didn't know if he would say yes like he always used to, but ever since he started going out with Mercedes I was lucky I even got a ‘maybe I’ll see what I can do,’ he looked like he was really sorry, “sorry rose” see told you,” you know I would but I have to go to the dentist to get my braces off, you know I have wanted to get my braces taken off since I first got them,” he smiled his crooked smile he knew I could never resist, “fine I forgive you, maybe we can go tomorrow!”

“Man I thought you knew! I’m going to the black and white dance with Mercedes,” he tightened his hold on her and she smiled, “hey rose if you want to come, you can come with me and max.” she said smiling at me. That’s one of the things I like about Mercedes. She always likes people to be happy not upset no matter how upset it made her if it involved her; she liked making people happy it was her thing. And what made me like her even more was that she was one of the unsnottiest cheerleaders I have ever met! “No Mercedes its ok. Dances aren’t really my thing. Plus I don’t want to ruin your date with max”

“No really it’s fine I mean I don’t want you to be alone plus it would be really fun”

“No it’s not really my scene”

“Ok but if you change your mind I have a dress with your name on it!”

“Ya sure no prob Mercedes thank you” 

“NO THANK YOU I NEEDED TO FIND A GIFT FOR MAXIE AND I WANTED TO WIN IT BY MYSELF NOT USE MY PARENTS HELP”Mercedes thought. She Nina and max all knew what I was, and swore to secrecy that they wouldn’t tell anyone, “thanks Mercedes at least you and Nina will be with me,” I smiled at both of them and hugged them closely to me, “hey do you guys need a ride?” I asked them, “well me and Mercedes are coming with you so we should go with you right now,” Nina said really confidently, “max?” I asked him, “well yeah drop me off at the dentist" suddenly I thought of something I should have thought a while ago into the conservation, “hey what if we go see the horse races after your appointment?” I asked him with excitement in my eyes, “yeah great idea rose after my appointment we will go” max said smiling, “sounds like a plan” we all said at the same time and we all laughed at the same time. Can life get anymore perfect?



© 2012 Yaksi Hernandez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on May 6, 2012
Last Updated on May 6, 2012


Author

Yaksi Hernandez
Yaksi Hernandez

dublin, CA



About
I'm 15 going on 16 this year and i really love writing and i have amazing ideas on plots for stories and i hope one day when I'm old i can have the guts to show them to the world and um I'm a calm per.. more..

Writing