In Silence

In Silence

A Poem by Yaooooooo

In Silence

by

Jose M. Euvin

 

 

Sleeping in silence

Screaming inside

 

Wish you could hear me

So

I can open my eyes

 

The cups are filled

With tears I shed

 

Scream of depression

While lying in bed

 

The night is immense

And

Sour are the tears

 

The silence amends

The worst of my fears

 

Can one really live

When life is a dream

 

Can I really expect

For you to hear my screams

 

The heart's really silent

When there's nothing left

 

It's hard to feel anything

With the calling of death

 

© 2008 Yaooooooo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The sheer emotion in this piece is what strikes me as the most inviting. You can nearly feel and hear this girl as she screams for release. Your flow is amazing, if a teensy bilt stilted. Personally, I believe this enhances the read. How can one create amazing, smooth rhythms when life itself does not work that way?

I truly found beauty in this pice of art.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"The silence amends
The worse of my fears"
... this was my favorite line! (even though it should be "worst" not "worse") The work is beautiful angst! we've all been here, you make the reader afraid, for the writer who seems to be so sad, and for ourselves because we can all relate to this feeling. very solid piece! phenomenal emotion!

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a well thought out poem with something to say. I have known that silence of the the heart with the coming of death. The silence allowed my soul to hear.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This poem made me want to reach my hand out and wake you from your dreams.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This definitely had a flow. Accepting the inevitable is always hard. You want to scream out for help, for someone else to rescue you from an understanding, that can only hurt. Your poem talks about fear and frustration, and does a very good job of it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the dark and tormenting flow... Great writing...

Posted 16 Years Ago


What a desperate cry we have here. To be held in this world be it a minute, a day or a lifetime is too too long.... The writing is so very much like a prayer or a plea to be understood.... The heart's really silent when there's nothing left.... this says so much to me - it breaks mine and holds it hostage....

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


As always, you pack a powerful punch with the meter of the rhytm and words. Love your work, always!

Posted 16 Years Ago


To me this piece speaks of the helpless feeling of having to hold everything within unable to tell what is happening to them when they know they should be shouting it aloud to all but are trapped from doing so. It is a terrible feeling and you have described it well. Whatever it means to each reader all can relate, as is reflected in your glowing reviews. Best wishes, Bethlynne.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Aside from a few misspellings, this is really good. The rhyme and flow are excellent!
:o)

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
"Sleeping in silence;Screaming inside"
"Wish you could hear me;So;I can open my eyes"

lovely poem very sweetly expressed..
pal

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

749 Views
74 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on March 3, 2008

Author

Yaooooooo
Yaooooooo

Brooklyn, NY



About
If there be grief, then let it be but rain, And this but silver grief for grieving's sake, If these green woods be dreaming here to wake Within my heart, if I should rouse again. But I shall sleep, .. more..

Writing
Wishing Wishing

A Poem by Yaooooooo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silent Decade Silent Decade

A Poem by Bubo