One Glimpse

One Glimpse

A Chapter by Joshua bér
"

it begins

"
"It's twelve o'clock! Georgie get to bed!"

"Yes mother," the boy said begrudgingly, "I will."

Georgie walked up the winding staircase with its dainty wooden handrails and smooth polished steps.  The giant mansion had him climb all the way up two flights of the elegant stairway, which was so shiny it felt like walking on wax.  After getting to the third floor with the large oak doors in the monotonously speck-less mansion, Georgie reached to open his room door and then paused.

"Greg-Honey, would you be a dear and help me clean up the kids' mess down here?"… there was no response, "Honey?"…still no sound.  "Honey! This isn't funny…?"

Georgie reached for his door knob and twisted the intricately designed golden hold.  It made a small click as it opened.  Georgie opened it, all the time looking at the knob as he stepped inside his room and pulled the fine faceted door towards him until he heard the second click, which signaled the door's complete close.

There was a faint tune that slowly got louder behind him.  The music was similar to 'ring around the rosy' or the music you would here from an ice-cream truck.  It was faint, but rather distinguishable and sounded rustic as if it was from an old record or…music box.  The boy turned around leisurely and looked.

The little boy screamed, followed by the sound of hurried footsteps rising up the stairs.  The boy was looking at his father's body hanging as if by a noose with a broken neck.  If the man was on a noose no one could see it.  The body was floating in midair.  The boy's head shot towards the window where a smiling face with two star shaped eyes held its cheek pressed against the glass, except the window was up and there was no glass in that area.  The mime smiled with both hands pressed against the invisible glass and winked towards a music box on the nightstand by the window.  The box continued playing its eerie tune.  The mother burst through the door…the mime was gone.  The mother screamed awakening all the neighbors despite the time.  The two family members stood there in horror, watching the swinging stranded body.


© 2010 Joshua bér


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

reviews appreciated

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on May 26, 2010
Last Updated on May 26, 2010


Author

Joshua bér
Joshua bér

HI



About
my name is Joshua or Yehoshua, I have tried desperately to find a film or book that scares me (besides chucky, which doesn't count since I was four when I saw it.), I am six feet three inches tall and.. more..

Writing