Disorder

Disorder

A Poem by richy
"

A real glimpse into my mind before i knew what was wrong. This is for Barleygirl.

"
Your beauty resonates 
I look at you and feel infinite
you check your phone
maybe for the time
her hands delicate

she has to go to the bathroom 
what did you look at your phone for
she doesn't have a phone plan 
there's no wi-fi anyway
she could be lying
why would she lie to me
stop It's not real

The heats real 
It's in my face and my chest 
I can't think straight
she was just checking the time
she's in the bathroom talking to someone
are you kidding me 
who is it
stop it's not real

I could walk by and listen
are you insane just take a seat
the pizza's coming anyway
but I have to go to the bathroom to piss
I swear if you listen
no It's fine 

How'd you know the bathrooms were next to each other
aren't they always
just piss and mind your business 
limp dick hanging 
you didn't even have to go
I know did you just hear her talking
stop it's not real

drowning out sounds washing clean hands
you better get out of here before she's done on the phone
she's just using the bathroom leave me alone

back to my table my face flush 
she's back and I look like I'm holding a terrible hand
Her smile Is wide
she's glad to see me
I'm glad to see her but I can't shake the feeling
until she asks whats wrong and I say nothing

we laugh and love 
we fill our bellies 
till I forget the whole thing
until It happens again

© 2016 richy


Author's Note

richy
I was diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder recently and this was a moment In time before I knew what It was. I was trapped In train of thought knowing my thoughts were irrational but unable to control my feelings. They last until they're gone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

An internal struggle in its purest form. Love brings out the demons in us, but here your mind plays devil's advocate-- and now you have an idea why! A torturous sentiment to share such profound feelings for a beloved but also have deep resentment via insecurities and misguided distrust. "Do I deserve her?" "Why did she choose me?" "She's lying through her teeth" "There's no way she doesn't love me." My friend, you've captured the turmoil perfectly. I'm hooked!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You capture it so perfectly, feeling trapped in your head and knowing to be rational, but having difficulty acting it out. Can't tell you how many times I've over thought to the point of panic because of my disorders.

Beautiful piece. The last two lines:
"till I forget the whole thing
until It happens again"

Because you know it will, and it's just an endless cycle of torture on yourself.
Very strong piece, thank you for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


It's great that you felt comfortable enough to write about this richy - it's important for people to understand how it feels to suffer with bi-polar disorder and you did a great job describing it here. Thank you for sharing it and I hope you are able to find peace in amongst all the irrational thoughts :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


An internal struggle in its purest form. Love brings out the demons in us, but here your mind plays devil's advocate-- and now you have an idea why! A torturous sentiment to share such profound feelings for a beloved but also have deep resentment via insecurities and misguided distrust. "Do I deserve her?" "Why did she choose me?" "She's lying through her teeth" "There's no way she doesn't love me." My friend, you've captured the turmoil perfectly. I'm hooked!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am also bipolar & I know the feelings well. It can truly be insanity, the way your thoughts are jumping all over & feeling suspicious for no reason & seeing bad where there's only good, etc. You have demonstrated it here better than I've ever seen it written about. This is a memorable poem. I'm happy for you, that you've been diagnosed & you accept the diagnosis. One of the things about bipolars is that we hate to give up the glorious manic highs, in order to control the tragic lows. I applaud anyone living with a bipolar, becuz it can't be easy. It would be interesting to turn this poem around & show it from HER point of view, too (I like to exercise my ability to write from different points of view). But regardless (and I'm blathering becuz I pulled a manic all-nighter) . . . GREAT POEM! Vividly painted snapshot of this very widespread problem. I'd say half the people are on some part of the bipolar continuum. It's only bad when it disrupts your jobs or relationships, etc. I feel honored that you took my advice & just wrote from the heart. It's always the most powerful when you write what you know about the human experience. Great job! Keep going!

Posted 8 Years Ago


richy

8 Years Ago

As always thank you for the support and coaxing this out of me. It's the most personal thing i have .. read more
OH MY GOD, this is such a beautiful, eerie and such a moving piece. Yeah the inner struggle can be seen clearly. Yeah the struggle this intense goes on in just those few minutes. And the way you end it, her coming back and the struggle forgotten, until it comes back next time around? Those are some very powerful and scary words. This is one of your best works if not your best ^^

Posted 8 Years Ago


Moving as always, I love how this poe vibes, the flow of it is amazing, as is all of your writing. I've been trying to think of something profound to say about it, but I really can't. I just find it beautiful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


richy

8 Years Ago

Thanks you always say such nice things about my works!
If I hadn't read your notes (and I didn't till after I read the poem) I would not have known. The internal conflict between logic and the ridiculousness of 'love', the irrationality of 'love' is what I saw, artfully meshed. The insecurities we all feel, the indecisiveness, the humorous contradictions... You presented what most of us have at one time or another battled with but never admitted to.

After reading your notes, I went back and re-read it. I did then feel empathy; the seriousness of your being 'stuck' in this endless conflict. I tried to imagine - and I couldn't - feeling trapped inside your own mind, battling yourself... How difficult it must have been! Yet you gave it voice, you rose above and viewed it and described it. Thank you for sharing this, despite the glimpse being brief, I have come away with a better understanding of this affliction.

*I love the words equally both before and after.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Elise Anton

8 Years Ago

No, the empathy came from me not you. Am I that stern with your work? Mmmm (trying to remember yeste.. read more
richy

8 Years Ago

You couldn't be more right and I'll be expecting you to dissect my works until they are perfect! Tha.. read more
Elise Anton

8 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
This poem kind of reminds me of what go through sometimes. I wasn't completely diagnosed with any mental disorders but I can kind of relate. I have depression (I was evaluated though) and it hurts like hell sometimes because any irrational thoughts can come and it's hard to rationalize until you can calm down. At least, in my situation.

This will probably be the last thing I read here on this site because I am planning on leaving but this was a great poem, once again.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Charlotta Yvonne Smith

8 Years Ago

Hehe..I doubt it but thank you for the response.
richy

8 Years Ago

seriously I will
Charlotta Yvonne Smith

8 Years Ago

*Slight Smiley Face*

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

475 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2016
Last Updated on February 26, 2016
Tags: poem, poetry, life, sad, love, mental disorder

Author

richy
richy

Boston, MA



About
Something a little less pessimistic! more..

Writing
Off The RIP Off The RIP

A Poem by richy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


On nudity. On nudity.

A Poem by Nirvana