Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop

A Story by Child Of the Universe
"

Just a little story i wrote in literally a day. But please give me feedback!

"

My feet were placed in a local coffee shop I surprisingly had never been too. My taste buds burned for the sweet and bitter taste of coffee. I ordered a regular coffee that I would soon add milk and sugar to. I stood in line behind a group of young girls who were giggling at their phones. The coffee shop was warm and smelt of fresh ground coffee beans and warm croissants, the smell instantly made me regret not buying a croissant. The girl grabbed their ice cold drinks and I waited for mine. 

“Tracey” the barista called.

  I turned my head and saw her put the steaming hot coffee down. I said thank you and walked to where the milk and sugar is. I poured two brown sugar packets and then the milk. My coffee turned a light brown and it made me think of your brown eyes. I erased the memory of you eyes from my brain. I couldn’t think of you anymore. I couldn’t remember the bad times that happen so often they over rode the good. By the time I was finished with you I couldn’t even remember the good the bad was stuck to my like an awful tattoo I couldn’t get rid of, a permanent nightmare. I sat down next to a window that had a view of the busy New York streets. Taxies drove past some had people in them; some were empty waiting for a passenger. I wondered where some of them were going, if it was a good or bad situation. 

My hands started to burn from the cup. I removed them and stared at my hands. They were calloused and soft at the same time. They contained memories too. I picked my drink up and took a sip the hot liquid touched my tongue and I thought about how your thick hot tongue full of lies would touch mine the same way, hurting me. The way you kissed me was passionate, lovely and had an impact on me but the way you hurt me and scarred me was way more impacting. I felt a tap on my shoulder and came face to face with the devil. You. You looked warmer and fresher than you look when we were together. We caught up and you told me how much of a coincident this was because I had just crossed your mind. I smiled at the thought of you thinking of me. My coffee became empty and so did our conversation. I realized that I no longer need you and you no longer need me. And that is how I know our love has died.   

© 2016 Child Of the Universe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it was good.. but a little bit confusing ..about intro. of the the girl character in ur story..but certain things were really good at the sentence formation..ive read books of famous authors n your story reminds me of those kinda writeup...


Posted 7 Years Ago


i really wish i was good at the whole describing of the scenery and you make it seem so easy and i love that about this little entry! all in all though great writing and please continue with more chapters! please review my writing as well!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2016
Last Updated on August 23, 2016
Tags: love short story

Author

Child Of the Universe
Child Of the Universe

Canada



About
I'm considerably young. Becoming a writer would be a dream but i don't know if i would be able to achieve it. So please leave some feedback for me to improve my writing. more..

Writing