Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Yume

The annoying noise of the old school bell made everyone jump up from their seats at the same time and like a thousand of ant they started to flow towards the canteen. 
Soon the usual groups reunited at their usual tables and the canteen was filled with chattering. 

It remained like this for only five minutes when the chatter became laughter.  

Everyone was laughing as one at the same person who was standing in the middle of a circle and her clothes were dirty from someone's lunch. Or not just one person's..


This was the moment when I realized that I should change my habit being the last one who goes for lunch.
Yeah, I absolutely must change it to being the one wh
​o​ brings her food from home. 

This way I can avoid such things like get my clothes ruined by food.

I shook my arms hoping that the food will fall off of it then I tried to get my messy hair out of my vision so at least I could walk away without falling of from my own legs. 
But as hard as I tried to keep my pride the louder they were laughing at me. 
I couldn't even hear what Sylvie was saying to me.

The canteen started to spin around me as they were just laughing and laughing. 

I could feel my balance becoming unsure than.. 

Then I shook my head. 

No, I don't need another rumor or something why I fainted in the middle of the canteen. 

No. 

I clenched my fist and turned around to leave although some hidden inner personality wanted to throw the rest of my food right into Sylvie's perfectly make up covered face - but instead I just slowly walked away tryinnot to slip on the things falling off from my clothes.


They were still laughing. I could clearly hear it even after the door shut behind me.

I cleaned myself in the toilet as much as could, washed my face with cold water to clean my toughts as well then I sat down to a bench in a quiet foyer.


- You got it pretty badly again - a calm voice sad suddenly out of nowhere still I wasn't surprised. I was expecting him.

- Zain, you gonna get in trouble if you talk to me here. Anyone can see us and..

- Don't worry. Everyone still eating - he smiled at me while giving me a sandwich. - Take it. I'm already full.


I was looking at the food for a minute then slowly raised my gaze up to him to met his still smiling face and eyes. Finally I smiled too taking the sandwich.

- I'll walk you home today. You don't need more trouble. - I didn't have time to interrupt, he continued. - And don't worry, it's gonna be okay.


I sighed then nodded. I couldn't argue with him. 

I know Zain since we were three. We live just five minutes far so we always used to play together. The two of us became really close friends and we kept it after school started. 

Only one thing has changed. He didn't want to show the others that we are close friends. He said that neither of us needs a rumor like we are dating. I said it's a good idea. 

I agreed not to show our friendship. But deep inside, I knew that he was a bit ashamed to show up next to me. Don't ask me who did I know it, I just did. Because I got to know people and why they do the things the way they do.

He was my only friend. That's why I always hide this pain deep inside my heart and never showed it. Never.


"Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it's there if you look deep."
Taraji P. Henson


I left soon saying someone might see us because it was nearly time for the next class. I kept my smile until he could see me then just put on my hood and tried to disappear from everyone's eyes which was impossible. 


The laughter followed me all day especially because my clothes were still dirty.


But the end of the day I was happy because Zain kept his promise and walked me home.​

�'�-�←

I was never the type who likes to show her body. I never wore shorts in public and most of my t-shirts had a hood just to cover more of my body. And this is the reason why I hated so much when we held the PI lessons in the pool. 

I had no problem with the water or with playing volleyball but the swimsuits.. Too much for me. So most of the time I was just standing and covering myself. 

The "food incident" were still hanging above me like a bard and something had to happen again, of course because this is how lucky was I.


I missed the​ ball so we lost a point. It wasn't a big deal - for me. Still the other's became mad at me.


I saw that glance..

One of the girls looked at Sylvie who was in the other team 
​b​
ut they wanted her to take revenge on me.
And it happened. So suddenly so quickly.. but I felt every second were passing by like an hour.


It was obvious that this wasn't a coincidence... 

The ball hit me on the head and unfortunately I was standing too close to the edge of the pool. 
I remember the pain. 

I remember the way I lost balance and slowly started to sink in the shining water which started became red around me. Red from my blood. 

I felt the pain in my head and the fact that I couldn't breath just made everything worse. I opened my mouth trying to ask for help but my lungs got filled with water - I started to loose my consciousness.
I slowly closed my eyes 
as I felt my back hitting the bottom of the pool​ - the last thing I remember was a face coming closer to me throught the bloody water. I wanted to but I couldn't recognise it.




© 2014 Yume


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on January 26, 2014
Last Updated on January 26, 2014


Author

Yume
Yume

Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan



About
I shall update this bio someday more..

Writing
Forgery? Forgery?

A Poem by Yume


skl skl

A Chapter by Yume


Charmed Charmed

A Book by Yume