Grow up

Grow up

A Story by Rochelle
"

Grow up I think not.

"
How can you tell me to grow up, what gives you the right to treat me like a child. To be honest I mentally began to grow up at the age of five, the day I realized the only monsters where the people around me not under the bed. I learnt that love doesn't come cheap and treating people with respect is important. I stopped crying before then to me it is weakness and when I cry I feel weak. I began watching mature shows like the news at ten, every thing I believed in was fact not fiction. All my childhood toys left my room and reality came crashing in. I grew up knowing that dreams where real but nightmares were fake. I was scared of simple things like clowns or the dark streets around my house but never growing up. My father told me as a child that I was to grow up so I did, but he sadly died in 2013 making my emotions feel more real than before. My oldest brother is having a child so final I feel for him, my other brother was moving on with his life leaving me in his past but I finally court up he's happy. Last week a woman told me to get over losing my dad three days before his one year anniversary. I have grown up to a point that I can hardly remember the last time I acted like a kid, so if you still think I need to grow up maybe I'm not the problem. So thank you for reading this but I don't need your input. 

Sincerely my heart 

© 2014 Rochelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Don't worry about her!
I have a choice to act my age now I'm older and thats probably thanks to my sister growing up for me. But as a child I had to grow up and learn so I could look after mum and my sister. After an accident my sister decided to take the role of mum and I was able to change back into a child. Thanks to me, My sister had to go through all types of pain through out her childhood because I though I was protecting her. That is one thing I have regretted now I'm older.
So don't listen to that little girl, who still doesn't know the meaning of the word hardship!

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rochelle

9 Years Ago

thank you Weeping Willow
comment please I need to know

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2014
Last Updated on September 16, 2014

Author

Rochelle
Rochelle

Australia



About
Hi guys and girls, I don't know how to exactly describe myself as a writer or what I get out of telling complete strangers about my life but I like writing it sets me free, all my worry's or proble.. more..

Writing
She's free She's free

A Story by Rochelle