Tears of the sky

Tears of the sky

A Story by Rochelle
"

A forbidden love is a love worth fighting for.

"

It started to rain as Aria ran home from school her long blond hair dripping as she slammed the door shut.


“I’m home” she shouted alerting her sister


 She ran into her room ripping of her uniform, changing into a red dress, she jumped on her bed as her sister walked in.


“Aria get your wet cloths of the floor and dry your hair it’s dripping” she said as Aria smiled


“That’s what you get for not picking me up Jenifer” Aria giggled


 Jenifer left as the doorbell rang, Aria stayed in her room hiding from the rain. Aria never really hated anything before but the rain, no one really knows why.


“Peter just got home come and welcome him back, pick up your wet cloths” Jenifer roared


Aria slowly lifted herself of the bed, picked up her clothes and put them in the wash, she walked out to meet Peter.


“Good afternoon Aria” he smiled


“Hay, Peter can I go out tonight please” she said with puppy eyes


“Why not” Peter replied


“She can’t its raining, she’ll catch a cold” Jenifer said with a worried expression but in fact she only didn't want Area to hang with Skyler the town bad boy or so everyone says.


“She’ll be fine” he smiled my sister shut up after that


Getting her coat she ran outside with her umbrella over her head, to thing after all they have been through he still won’t let anyone know their dating. She walked to town square where they normally meet up; looking around Aria could see flickering street lights, stray cats and cars in the distance. Suddenly a car pulls up beside her, the window lowers and Skyler sandy blond hair and blue eyes became visible to her.


“What took you so long, I felt like I was a part of a horror movie” she said punching him


“Don’t worry you’re ok now” he smiled kissing her on the cheek


 Skyler took her to the movies to see “human hunter the beast within” Aria spent the whole time hiding behind him. Just to let you know she hates scary movies to, and clowns. He picked that movie purposely to pick on her, sadly it worked. Once the move was over Skyler dropped her off.


“I’ll see you tomorrow” she smiled


“Same and tell Peter I said hi” he smiled driving off


Once in the door Aria turned around to find Jenifer leaning on the wall with an ‘I knew it’ look across her face.


“Your late it’s almost 11:30”she squawked


“So what stop acting like my mum” Aria screamed running into her room


Once inside she started reading “The first of the last People” by some old lady in London, to think she finds love advice from a book on dead people and lovers that die for each other in the end, after a while Aria fell asleep book in hand.

Morning soon came as Aria’s alarm clock started beeping constantly, Jenifer walked in.


“Get up lazy girl it’s time for school” she said shaking Aria


“I’m up, I’m up” Aria said


Normally it takes an hour for her to get ready but for some reason this morning it was more like half an hour. I know why, it’s because her friend from middle school is transferring to her high school today his name is Blake. Aria hitched a ride from Peter considering it started raining again, just her luck. As they arrived at her school the bell started to ring.


Once aria was in class the teacher walked in holding a stack of books, behind her a tall boy with brown hair and hazel eyes. Once class started the boy sat down next to her, it continued to rain all lesson. The rain slowly stopped as the bell rang. Aria grabbed her books and bag running out the door. When she reached the old oak tree, her phone’s notification tone played informing Aria she had a message. She pulled it out after sitting down, it was Blake.


Hay, I’m at your school

Are you, well I’m at the old oak tree

And I’m meant to know where that is

OK where are you J

At room D class B

OK take a left then a right when you get to the office

Yeah what now

Look around the corner and you’ll see the tree

What about you?

I’m sitting under it texting you stupid <3   

Very nice calling me stupid, shorty J

 Aria stood up looking around as the boy form class walked around the corner. Something about him felt familiar; suddenly he started walking over to her.


“Aria is that you, it can’t be right” he said with a smile


“Yes I am she” Aria said looking confused


“It’s me Blake remember for middle school” he said   


“Blake I’m sorry I didn't recognize you, you’re in my class to right” I smiled


“Yeah” Blake replied


Aria and Blake continued talking, infect it took them all day to find out three things. One that Blake and Aria are like best friends, two that Blake was in a series relationship with a girl that broke his heart and three that when their together there is nothing they can’t do. Once the school day was over Aria walked home with Blake, the rain stopped so that helped.


“So do you have a boyfriend” Blake asked


 “It’s complicated” Aria replied


“So what are you doing tonight” he smiled


“I’m hanging with my sister and her husband” she said waving goodbye to him.

Once inside Aria walked into the kitchen, she started looking for something to eat when she heard someone knocking on the door.


“Who is it” Aria said opening the door


“It’s me” Skyler replied


“Hay I told you not to come here, but you’re lucky no one’s home” she snapped


“Are you going to let me in” he said


“Yes, come in” she said


Once they were in her room Skyler grabbed her arm kneeling to the ground. He looked up to her holding a ring; her face went red as she smiled.


“Yes, yes” she said excitedly


“I didn't even get to ask” he smiled


“It doesn't matter, I said yes” Aria replied


He stood up sliding the ring on her finger; Skyler gently kissed her on the lips.


 “I’ll marry you when you turn 18 until then we’ll have to wait, ok” he said


OK” Aria smiled


An hour past as the front door opened with a bang.


“I’m home, aria where are you” Jenifer yelled


“I’m in my room” Aria said


“Come on, we have to discuss your 18th birthday” she said Aria put her ring away so no one would find it.


“Coming” she replied


By the time Area looked back to Skyler he had climbed out the window. Aria walked out to the living room to find Jenifer and Peter waiting for her. They started talking about her birthday but all she could think about was Skyler. “All I want is a dinner, just the family” Aria smiled, weeks past and Life continued the way it always has but Skyler and Arias love grew stronger. Her birthday soon arrived as Jenifer woke her up for school.


“Morning, time for school” Jenifer smiled. Aria got changed, skipped breakfast and ran out the door.


“Remember dinner tonight” Jenifer yelled as Aria continued running to school.


When she got there her heart was beating fast, looking around she spotted Blake.


“Hay Blake over hear “she yelled


“Happy birthday” he smiled


“Why thank you kind sir” Aria giggled


The bell rang as they hurried to class; the day went slower than expected. Time just stood still not even moving when the class clown through paper balls at the half drunk teacher. Lunch came and then went English then maths but no matter what the day continued at the speed of a snail.


“What’s up” Blake said poking her in the arm with his pencil


“The clock hasn't moved at all today, I think I’m going insane” She said putting her head on her desk


“You’re not insane, the clock just doesn't work” he smiled


“What” Aria said as the bell went “See you”. She ran home faster than she did this morning, once home she collapsed on her bed. Jenifer and Peter walked into my room.


“Are you ready to go” they smiled


“Yes, I’ll be out in a moment” I said


Aria got changed into a little black dress and slides her engagement ring on, she called Skyler to invite him to dinner and then she left. Once at the restraint they sat at a table for three, everything was going to plan the butler came over asking if they would like drinks.


“Excuse me can we get another chair” Aria said as the butler walked of doing as She has asked


“Is someone else coming” Jenifer questioned


“Yes about that” Aria said while she played with her ring “I invited Skyler”


“You what, I've told you to have nothing to do with him he’s trouble” Jenifer said in an angry voice


She looked down at Arias hand taking notes of the ring, Jenifer looked closer seeing that is was on her ring finger. Jenifer grabbed Arias hand “what’s this” she screamed.

“It’s nothing I swear” Aria said trying to pull away


“Don’t tell me this is Skylar’s ring, there’s no way in hell your marrying him” She said


“You’re hurting me” Aria struggled “so what I love him so just leave me alone” Aria broke free, running out of the restaurant.


Aria continued running as cars flied past, her heart breaking with every beat. She came to heavy traffic but she couldn't stop running straight into it, when suddenly she was pushed from behind. Honking and screaming filled the are then out of nowhere glass shattered across the street. Aria turned around laying there on the ground bleeding was Skyler; she ran over to him her heart beating even faster than before. People around where helping the drives of the cars; while Aria crying as she watched her fiancé slowly die.  


“Skyler, Skyler” she said shaking him


“Aria, I Love You” he mumbled his last words before he passed out

Aria continued to cry as the ambulance took Skyler to hospital, in the background stood Peter and Jenifer.


“Aria are you ok” Jenifer screamed


“Get off me” she said pushing her away


“She’s just trying to help Aria” Peter Said


An officer walked up “excuse me young lady I would like to have your statement if that is possible and I’ll take you to the hospital”


“Yes please, and Jenifer stop trying to help” Aria said leaving with the officer


Aria took one more look at her sister before getting in the car, the look of good bye.


Once at the Hospital Aria walked into the waiting room, hours past when the Doctor walked up to her.


“Hello are you hear with Skyler” the doctor said


 “Yes I’m his fiancé” she said with a worried expression


“Skyler has just come out of a major operation he is in recovery but you can see him now” the Doctor said as she followed him to Skyler’s room


Walking through the door there laid Skyler covered in cuts and bruises, as the Doctor left Aria laid beside Skyler. He slowly opened his eyes to her face.


“You’re ok” he smiled


“No, we’re ok” she replied hugging him


Looking in from the corridor stood Jenifer and Peter, the look of letting go covered their faces that day. The day that Jenifer remembered acting the same way when she first fell for Peter. Aria finally understanding what it’s like to almost loose someone she loves. 


That day they became a family.

© 2015 Rochelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 18, 2015
Last Updated on March 18, 2015

Author

Rochelle
Rochelle

Australia



About
Hi guys and girls, I don't know how to exactly describe myself as a writer or what I get out of telling complete strangers about my life but I like writing it sets me free, all my worry's or proble.. more..

Writing
She's free She's free

A Story by Rochelle