the man on the road

the man on the road

A Story by zendikar
"

he was a hungry man...

"
The man on the road, short and hardened by the weather, was hungry. He had nowhere to be but there, on the road. Seeing as there was no better place for this man on the road, falling apart and winding, he decided to walk. So this is how his story began... 
"Hello".....
"Am I alone"....
The man on the road, wet from rain, looked around curiously at the noise he had heard. Shrugging it off he started thinking of where he would get his next meal... not only where but when... it had been three days. Three long days. Three days ago the man on the road, burning from the heat of the sun, ate a sandwich... not any special sandwich just an everyday run of the mill sandwich found in your everyday run of the grocery store. that was when the man on the road, old and worn, had last eaten. Luckily it had started raining and he was able to drink that but as far as food... well what happens when you have not eaten in three days... you get hungry....
"Hey"
"You up ahead slow down"
The man on the road, suddenly sleek and "alive", ran trying to catch up to someone. Someone else on the road. He had not seen another soul for sometime now and was excited. Reaching the spot where he had seen someone... the man on the road, twisting confusingly, realized there was no one there... just a shadow and him.
"Well might as well stay here for the night"
The man on the road, short and hardened by the weather... falling apart and winding... wet from rain... burning from the heat of the sun... old and worn... suddenly sleek and "alive"... twisting confusingly, decided that it was time to sleep and so, that is what he did.

To be continued... 
what will happen to this man? and the strange descriptions of him, or wait where those descriptions of the road.... what will happen to this man on the road...

© 2010 zendikar


Author's Note

zendikar
I'm hungry too but honestly I would put money on him being more hungry.... =^D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good start, but explain the scene more... 'wet from rain' could describe a rose wet from the rain in a sun shower or a sea captain wet from the rain holding fast to the wheel. A rose splashed with tears or rain becoming rivulets running down his face are other ways to say that they both were wet.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this story was....interesting. could've been a bit more detailed though. i'll go read the other four now

Posted 13 Years Ago


you shouldn't have added more detail in my opinion... hearing the "man on the road" repeatedly was also something. Could have just said he, since we know it was him, or maybe added a detail. Like "Now the shaggy wet man"... something to mix it up a bit...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good start, but explain the scene more... 'wet from rain' could describe a rose wet from the rain in a sun shower or a sea captain wet from the rain holding fast to the wheel. A rose splashed with tears or rain becoming rivulets running down his face are other ways to say that they both were wet.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

quite a provocative write

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh yeah tell me what you think the descriptions were of i would like to know what the readers think!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2010
Last Updated on May 31, 2010

Author

zendikar
zendikar

Stroudsburg, PA



About
im a simple guy i like to write things that are fairly short and to the point but with hidden deeper meanings! I also love having fun! Read my writings to learn more about me! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..