Burden of Proof

Burden of Proof

A Chapter by zero binty

I was taught to be a man and take responsibilities for my actions.  I had gotten a female pregnant when I had turned eighteen.  I took responsibility for it.  Since my Mom knew the girl and didn't like her, it went nuclear in the household I was in.  I left to be the person I was supposed to be.
I was taught that hard work and perseverance were the keys to being a success.  I have watched people who are the friends of management get promote and those who put in the time and work get berated.
I was told that love conquers all.  I have untold hours of listening to females talk about their significant others in ways that would horrify, both the way their significant other is/was,and the things that the females did in retaliation.
And this final relationship I had...when the fights for her became the fights with her, I entered with a broken heart, and left with a shattered soul.  I helped her recover from addiction.  All I wanted was some help reassembling the pieces others had discarded.  When your significant other can't listen to you, it only frames the picture that life has been painting for you.
There were many things I was taught and told throughout my existence.  Most of it has been proven false.  I'm just tired.  I'm tired of being the one people have come to when their s**t goes wrong.  I'm tired of fixing others souls and hearts while mine remains damaged and discarded.  I have a few things I am obligated to do, but other than that, I'm done.


© 2017 zero binty


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on September 27, 2017
Last Updated on September 27, 2017


Author

zero binty
zero binty

TX



About
more..

Writing
Required Required

A Story by zero binty