My Mask

My Mask

A Poem by Zoe
"

What no one really knows

"

You dont know whats behind the mask.

I wake up everyday forcing myself to smile.


They pass me in the halls they dont know what I am really thinking: stupid, not worth it, go crawl in a hole and die...... but no I cant let them know, I just smile and ask how they are, 

you really think this is the real me..... 


sometimes I feel like no one knows the real me.

Would they even care if they knew the real me.


They dont understand,

They ask if Im ok, of course I say Im fine.....

No one knows how Im struggling to pay attention in class, how I feel so alone all the time.


How I cant even do my homework at home because I just wanna sleep and never wake up. 


How I try to go to school but I cant even get out of bed.


They dont know how I put so much effort into my work and I only get Bs, they dont know Im forgetting my work because Im living in two houses. 


They dont know Im reliving my dogs death everyday and theres nothing I can do each time. 


They dont know I cant sleep without meds, that I have been having panic attacks every night, That I cant have scissors in my room, that theres nothing anyone can do..... they dont know Ive been like this since I was 7.


Why should they know any of this? 


Why should someone know that Im struggling to get out of bed or to go to the bathroom, that I havent eaten in weeks or when I force myself to shower I cant even finish it.


Who needs to know, who needs to know how every night I fight with myself because I cant hurt anyone but my brain is fine with hurting me. No one needs to know

Right? 

© 2020 Zoe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel very sad for you reading this Zoe. The first thing is that you are not alone. Many of these people that pass you and smile are feeling the same as you. What I've found is that if you can let your smile slip and just reveal a bit of your pain, they nearly always respond. It doesn't always work but many of the people you see are hurting just as much and just as desperate to make a human contact.
Good luck! Alan


Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
1 Review
Added on March 26, 2020
Last Updated on March 26, 2020

Author

Zoe
Zoe

Norton, MA



Writing
The Truth The Truth

A Poem by Zoe


Urges Urges

A Poem by Zoe