The Truth

The Truth

A Poem by Zoe
"

The Full Story

"

How can say you understand when you dont know the whole story,

You think you know me because you know what Ive told you, not the bad stuff.


You may think Im over dramatic about my dogs death but you dont know Im reliving his death everyday and theres nothing I can do each time. Every time the car is faster and he looks more scared and Im screaming louder while it all ends the same.


You think Im always just tired cause Im a teen but ever think maybe I cant sleep. They dont know I cant sleep without meds, that I have been having panic attacks every night. That when i do sleep I dont stop screaming.


They think Im fine, they dont see cuts.

Why would I let you see them. They dont know that I cant have scissors in my room, that self harm isnt just cutting. 


People think oh shes just thin, who really knows I cant eat because I feel sick, that Im never hungry because Im so anxious. 


Do I go to therapy? Yep since I was 6, Do I take meds? Yep since I was 7, then why are you like this? I wish I had the answer I feel like that theres nothing anyone can do.


But Why should they know any of this? 


Why should someone know that Im struggling to get out of bed or to go to the bathroom, that I havent eaten in weeks or when I force myself to shower I cant even finish it.


Who needs to know, who needs to know how every night I fight with myself because I cant hurt anyone but my brain is fine with hurting me. No one needs to know. Right?

© 2020 Zoe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on March 26, 2020
Last Updated on March 26, 2020

Author

Zoe
Zoe

Norton, MA



Writing
Urges Urges

A Poem by Zoe


My Mask My Mask

A Poem by Zoe