Now What?

Now What?

A Chapter by Dark Angel
"

Running for what she feels is her life, Sam will have to face her old life.

"


    Running. Running as fast as my four powerful legs would allow. I was miles outside the city limits by now, surrounded by nothing but trees, rocks, and grass. He was tracking me, my former alpha. The one wolf who was supposed to protect me, but failed. In my wolf form, we were an even match. He had me in weight, but I had him in agility. If we had to fight, it would be a toss up on who would win.
    Nose to the ground, I jumped over tree roots, large rocks, scurrying animals, and thorn bushes. Out of no where, a large shadow as black as the night itself slammed into my right shoulder, grabbing hold with its strong jaws. While yelping and nashing my teeth at him, we rolled until our momentum came to a stop. Flailing myself aside, we faced each other. Two snarling beasts, face to face--pacing, circling. I couldn't run anymore. I had to face him. I wasn't strong enough-- there's no way I could win. The local authorities wouldn't find me for days and that would only happen if a stray hiker called in my decaying body.
    Fear coursed its way through my veins, gripping my heart with its cold tentacles. All fighting strategies ran for the hills the moment my eyes met his. A challenge. Once again, his dominating eyes seared into mine. I was trapped beneath his stare-- paralyzed even. I could not shake his hold; could not gain control over my own muscles to neither run nor defend myself. I was food for the crows.
    My snout frozen in a perpetual snarl, I watched him slowly approach me. Still unable to move, my warning growl was the only thing I could honestly do to save myself. He only paused for a moment, almost mocking me, before he continued to stalk toward me again. The snapping of a twig brought back the use of my body. Jerking away from him and swiping a paw at his face, I made another mad dash to safety: anywhere but here, away from him.
    Sprinting once more through the trees of the woods, I managed to get to the little bluff's edge hanging over a raging river below before he tackled me again. This time, I had the misfortune  of having my spine T-boned against a tree. Trees are another thing I wish were squishy. The pain from the impact laced from the middle of my back to every one of my appendages. Fighting back the black abyss called unconsciousness, I stood up to only fall back down again. If wolves could chuckle, Jim would be chuckling. His body language suggested complete smuggness from an unclarified victory.
    Desparately trying to crawl away from him, I managed to pin myself in a corner. The bluff's edge was to my side and he the other. Instinctively, my paws clawed for a hold as they swung over the edge, creating a small avalanch of dirt and decomposing plants. Looking down the cliff only succeeded in making me dizzy. Not knowing any other option, I had to do the unthinkable. With him advancing, getting dangerously close, I let my paws slip. I had only a second to rethink my decision before I was in an uncontrolled free fall-- straight to the icy depths below.


© 2014 Dark Angel


Author's Note

Dark Angel
It's been awhile since I've seen this one. Let me know if this chapter flows with the others, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Are you gonna post more? Please tell me you're gonna post more :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sira YR

7 Years Ago

Pleeeeease post more! :(

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on June 20, 2014
Last Updated on June 20, 2014


Author

Dark Angel
Dark Angel

Invisible, FL



About
Time to do another biography. I'm now 25 years old with a wonderful son. I still love writing but it has been a long time since I've had the ability, muse, and time of day to write lol. Between helpin.. more..

Writing