Running away

Running away

A Story by Faust
"

This was the night I ran away from home, and no one found out

"
I once had a dream about freedom. Freedom from my family, from my responsibilities, from the tears and the pain. I tried to reach this freedom by running away. I ran away the summer after fourth grade. I was missing for a full 9 hours. I left at about 11 at night and returned at 8 the next morning. No one realised I had left. The front door remained locked from when I had locked it behind me. I walked for an hour in the dark. I was in a pair of pagamas. Looking back, I'm wondering why no one thought this was suspicious, a little girl walking alone in the middle of the night. I remember getting scared because I saw 2 police cars and I knew that if they spared me a second glance, they would make me go home. So I hid. I hid for 8 hours under a slide in a neighborhood park. I was scared, I was cold, I was alone. I didn't know what to do. I didn't have much of a reason to leave home in the first place. It was just something I felt like I had to do. I had a bad feeling when ever I was at home. But, I suppose that was just me being a kid afraid because her parents argued all the time. Finally, the sun started to come out and I came out from my hidding spot. I walked home, slowly unlocked the door, and crept in. My parents are very heavy sleepers so I wasn't worried about waking them. I was worried about waking up my sister who was in first grade. Now, I am in high school. My parents have never found out about my little adventure. I plan to keep it that way. That night was the boldest move I have ever made. Usually I try to be obedient, but something in me snapped that night and I didn't really think anything through. All I knew was that I had to get out of there. But once I was out, I realized that nothing will get better if I just leave. So I came back home, I took on more responsibility in the family that year, and I got to watch my sister grow up. She will be a freshman in highschool next year. 

© 2019 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
This was a true story. Thanks for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 28, 2019
Last Updated on April 28, 2019

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust