The american dream

The american dream

A Poem by Faust

They're watched as they do their usual shopping.
They're slaughtered for walking the streets in the wrong place at the wrong time.
They're told time and time again that they'll never be worth anything because of the color of their skin.
That they're just a stain in the white world we live in.
They have to hide behind hoods and baggy clothing because that's their only freedom of expression they're allowed.
They're told that they're too loud.
They swear too much.
Mothers lead their children away when they see them walking on their own sidewalk.
They are KILLED on their own property because they look 'suspicious'
I just can't believe America right now.
Every time I turn on the news, I see white people and black people march together.
And this is the way it should be.
The way it should've always been.
But it doesn't change the fact that they don't feel safe in their own skin.
It's really not fair.
I know this is said far too often but we all bleed red.
We all have loved ones, family members, neighbors, friends.
We all live the same lives.
The only difference?
The only thing America seems to see that defines who we are?
Half of us happened to be born on the wrong side of the checker board. 
The term 'white privilege' shouldn't exist.
Those two words put together should be banned from the appropriate vocabulary along with the use of the N word.
Everyone deserves a fair chance at life.
No matter where they come from, what race they are, which religion they practice.
They all deserve to live.
In my opinion, that is the American dream

© 2020 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
I'm not writing this to offend anyone, and I tried to keep it respectful. Feel free to comment or send me a message if any of you feel offended and I will do my best to change it. I realize it's not my place to talk about events such as these, but sometimes if you have a voice, you should use it. What happened to George Floyd was not okay and he should still be alive right now. I hope you all are staying healthy and safe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I got much stressed over what they did to George Floyd. I too think these differences shouldn't exist. Everyone being a human should have equal rights to live and freedom. Every mind dreams to have its country like that. Good poem.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
1 Review
Added on June 3, 2020
Last Updated on June 3, 2020

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust


'special' 'special'

A Poem by Faust