Dangerous Beauty

Dangerous Beauty

A Story by Psychoticly Sane
"

What everyone could be looking right past

"

Walking the wild you can see things no other man has witnessed before, hear sounds so soothing it could rock you to sleep while you're sitting on a rock next to a calm, ice clear stream, surrounded by trees and chirping blue jays. With the occasional howl of a lone wolf, or  a beller of a bull Elk. You must always be watching your back for what could be following you, and you must always be watching your front for what kind of terrain you could encounter. You never know when a chunk of rock feels like slipping out from underneath you.

You could also be in the dry, sunkissed desert. With nothing around but the occasional cactus, or a snake slithering sideways in the sand, and savannah grass as tall as your waste. The occasional growl of a lion pride could ruin your trip, or the triumphant trumpet sounding horn of an elephant. Everyone’s scared of something 30x bigger than them, and everyone’s scared of the king of the sahara.

You could experience the sudden downpours in a tropical rain forest, millions of different plants and insects. Bright colored flowers scatter the forest floor. A simple lemur leaps through the trees to your right, and to your left there is a boa constrictor wrapped around its home tree. Eventually you get the feeling that there’s eyes on your back, you take a quick peek backwards and see a black figure with bright green eyes looking back at you, and that is when all your breath is pushed out of your chest, just for the fact that you noticed a sly panther gazing at you dreaming of its next meal.

Theres so much danger in beauty, and not many people realize it. If you take a second to notice all the hidden beauty around you, you would realize that this earth and this life are more valuable than everyone plays off. What makes a mouse's life less valuable than yours?  People fear what they don't understand.

© 2013 Psychoticly Sane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013
Tags: wild, beautiful, dangerous, unkown