final

final

A Chapter by alan khan

 

 A small cold damp cellar, with no windows. Everyone’s breath is seen as they huddle together trying to stay warm. Khan is the only one not sitting. His blood boiling, he paces around, feeling as if he is going insane. He starts kicking at the walls screaming in rage. Bear sits in silence, praying to a higher being to keep his sister safe. From behind the door he hears a tiny rasp, as he kicks the door. “Who is there?!” The door slowly opens as a hooded person enters. Khan grabs the hooded person and throws them against the wall. The person quickly removes the hood to show herself to be Caterina. Khan caught off guard by her beauty steps away. “Quickly you must all leave here now. I am setting you free.” All of the rebels look at each other as the Queen says this. “Now! Before I am discovered missing.” Khan walks over to her and says in a hard voice, “We will not run. We are not leaving this castle tonight!” All of the rebels begin to slowly stop shaking as they all look up at Khan. “You need to tell me right now, where they are keeping Julia!” Caterina looks in Khan’s eyes as she see’s the absolute love he has for her, and realizes he will not leave without her. She takes his hand and starts to lead him out the dungeon saying, “I will show you.” Khan stops her and tells her to wait one moment and turns to everyone. “Crimson Rebellion. I have stood by my entire life and watched as horrible injustices have been committed to innocent people. Tonight I can no longer stand to do that. I am going to get Julia, and I will cut down any lap dog of that monster Carlucious in my way.” All of the men look at one another as they begin to regain strength and slowly stand up. Khan walks closer toward them and yells, “We cannot allow this oppressive system to poison our lives and our future any longer. Tonight, we destroy and burn this beast to the ground, or die trying. Living the way we all have our whole lives, is not justice! Let justice ring through the halls of his castle and shake this city with our screams!” All of the men begin cheering as Bear makes his way to the front of the crowd. Khan and Bear hug as Bear whisper in Khan’s ear “Tear that rat Obrean to shreds and take away my sister.” Khan turns to everyone, “I want all of you follow Bear’s command.” Bear nods his head and turns to the rebels and yells, “Half of you will come with me, the other half will go to the rooms down below and kill all the guards. I know this castle inside out, and I know where everything is, there will be no surprises tonight men. Tonight, we take back our lives!!” All the men are screaming and banging on the walls, with no fear of being discovered, they quickly run out the dungeon as they begin there siege. Khan quicklys turns and grabs Caterina, “Come, take me to Julia.”
            Running frantically behind Caterina. Khan, beside himself with anticipation, feels unstoppable. Feeling the light in him Julia spoke of at his very fingertips. Caterina finally stops and points to Obrean’s door. “Here, she is unconscious in there tied to his bed post.” Khan clenches his fists hard as he hears her say that. He puts his hands on Caterina’s shoulders, “You must run far from here fair maiden. Thank you a thousand times. Live your life now.” She looks in his eyes as she slowly turns to run. Khan watches her as she turns the corner, disappearing into the darkness. He slowly turns to look at the door. He lets out a yell that echoes through the hall and kicks the door to splinters. He does not hesitate, he runs in and sees Obrean standing in front of Julia’s unconscious body. He pounces on top of him throwing his fists madly at Obrean face. Obrean tries to struggle but cannot. Khan picks him up and throws him into the wall, and slams him back down to the floor. He drives his fist into Obrean’s neck as he screams, “You will die tonight! Foul rat, you shall die tonight! Where is my sword, where is Carlucious?” Obrean slowly gasps for breath as he spits up blood, talking through what teeth he has left, “Both of them lay in his throne room, please forgive me. Destroy that…treacherous animal…forgive-” Obrean slowly slips into death. Khan calms down as he feels Obrean’s lifeless body go limp. He slowly closes Obrean’s eyes as he gently lays him down. He whispers in Obrean ears, “Poor snake, rest free.” He slowly stands up away from Obrean’s body and walks over to Julia. He looks at her unconscious body and feels weak. He tries desperately to wake her up but she does not. He shakes her hard screaming her name over and over again. His voice begins to crack as he put his face in front of hers and screams for her as loud as he can. He puts his hands on her face as he begins to slowly cry. He drops his head in agony as he sobs, hot tears flowing down his face. Slowly from his hands, a white light shines brightly, as she slowly begins to breath deeper and awakes. Her eyes open and gaze into Khan’s. He quickly holds her close and they kiss. He steps back and rips the ropes off from around her. “You’re…you are alright?” Khan asks. Julia wipes his tears and holds him close, “Better than you.” They gently laugh to each other as they begin to separate. He tells her of what’s happening, and Julia cannot help but smile. “I will join Bear; you need to go to the King.” Khan nods his head as he feels that feeling of infinity again. Julia walks over to Obrean’s body and takes both of his swords. She looks down at him frowning for a minute cursing him under her breath as she walks back over to Khan and hands him one. “Lets go.” They begin walk out the room, Khan stops her before they leave and pulls her close to him, he stops before there lips meet to feel her cool breath once more, than kisses her hard, and passionately. He pulls her away and tells her, “I love you my angel.” Julia holds him close gently stroking the side of his face and softly whispers, “I love you.” They run out as Khan watches Julia run down the stairs toward the battle in the main hall.
            He begins to run down the hall when from the corner of his eye out the window he sees something. He stops to see what. From the city he see’s thousands of lights heading toward the castle. As they get closer he feels the ground beneath him begin to shake, as he slowly makes out what the lights are. Everyone from the city races toward the castle yelling and screaming ready to kill. He slowly walks toward the railing looking down at the battle. He sees the castle doors fly open as the swarm of people fly in, obliterating all the soldiers in there way. The soldiers try to run away as the rebels come up behind them and catch them in the middle. Khan begins to laugh loudly and screams down to the people as he feels himself become even more unstoppable. He continues to sprint toward the King’s room.
 
            Running hard toward the King’s throne room, cutting down numerous guards who stand in his way. When he reaches the doors he slows down till he is walking. He stops in front the door to catch his breath. He feels everything in him flowing perfectly, feeling higher than the walls of the castle. He slowly opens his eyes and kicks down the door. He walks in slowly, hearing a gentle wind breeze past his ear. He looks around the room, seeing his father’s sword laying on Carlucious’ bed. He slowly walks over to it when from his right the king walks out from the balcony where he overlooked his people storming his castle. He staggers slowly over toward his bed as he says, “You…pitiful insect. You have ruinied meee!! You have, brought about an end to all that I know…but no matter, you think I am alone in this world?” Carlucious darts over toward Khan’s father’s sword but Khan kicks him hard before he can reach it. He puts the sword in his hand to Carlucious’ neck. Carlucious laughs as he says, “You think you are powerful? What of your sword, or I should say your father’s. You are nothing without your father’s power. You do not DESERVE that sword!” Carlucious hits the blade away and elbows Khan in the neck. Carlucious jumps over to Khan’s father’s sword as Khan composes himself. Carlucious takes the sword out of its sheath and holds it toward Khan. “You think this is the end of me? This is the end of you boy-” Before he can continue Khan darts forward as he rushes the blade toward Carlucious’ throat. Carlucious steps back and deflects the blade, than says, “My power, is not limited to this dreadful island alone! I am in control of everything you worm.” Khan rolls toward the King and knocks him off his feet. He swings the sword toward him as Carlucious falls to his back. Carlucious stops the sword with his own and they stay swords locked as Carlucious continues to speak, “How do you think anything happens boy? Ho do you think…your mother died.” Khan’s heart stops as he feels weak. Carlucious throws the sword in Khan’s hands away and flips him on his back and puts the blade to his neck. “Those bandits dear boy, that raped and killed your mother…were sent by me. You see…” Carlucious punches Khan in the face as Khan mad with rage tries to break free, “After…I killed your father, I needed to make sure none of his own was left, so I was free to rule over all I am destined for. You should not be here now boy, you should be dead. You think it was horrible fate you have been attacked your whole life. I made you the way you are. But you could not die, to much like your father it seems. So I must take care of you myself!” Khan body twitches madly as he screams “OH! TRECHEROUS VILLAN!!!” The entire castle hears his scream. He throws Carlucious off of him. He wildly gets up and throws his arms and legs, hitting Carlucious madly. His voice begins to break as he his scream becomes louder, and tears pour down his face. He grabs Carlucious by the hair and knees him hard in his face, leaving Carlucious’ hair in his hand as the King falls to the ground. He slowly gets up as he quickly regains strength and lunges the swords point toward Khan’s stomach. Khan screams no as he catches the blade in his hand. He struggles to keep the blade from moving as Carlucious tries to push it past his hands. They do not move as Carlucious tries his best to move the blade, while Khan uses all the strength he has.
            Khan suddenly hears an incredible bang and feels the floor shake, as thunder rattles the castle. He begins to find strength as he remembers his nightmare. The thunder slowly gets louder and louder, as Khan remembers what Julia said about light. He feels that light in him again as he slowly raises the blade. Carlucious stunned, tries his hardest to yank the sword away from Khan’s grip but cannot. Khan closes his eyes and smiles, as a tremendous amount of light illuminates the room, coming from his body. Carlucious loses his grip from the sword and flies back hard against the wall, gasping for breath. Khan holds the sword by the handle and quickly lunges across the room and plunges the sword into Carlucious’ heart. Carlucious lets out a terrible scream of pain as Khan twists the blade while his eyes remained closed. Khan lets the sword go as he extends his arms and allows the light to shine brighter. Finally Carlucious reaches toward the sky and screams out one final time. His arms fall. His legs go limp. His head drops. His eyes roll back into his skull. His body becomes cold. The King dies. Khan slowly opens his eyes as the light slowly dies away. He slowly removes the sword as he watches over the corpse of Carlucious, thunder still ratteling the castle. He slowly turns but stops and says, “Vile Monster. You have received what you are destined for.” He slowly walks out the room as the thunder begins to die down.
            Khan walks out to the main hall, to find the battle over as the morning sun slowly rises, lining up perfectly with Crimson Castle. He stops in front of the stairs as he looks down at thousands of dead soldiers. The people of the city and the rebels embrace one another, celebrating joyfully. They quickly quiet down as they see Khan stepping out above them. Khan looks down at all the people looking at him, than looks down at his sword. Julia slowly walks up the stairs over to Khan. He takes her hand, as they both feel infinite again. Allowing there light to shine for all. They gently kiss one another on the lips. As they separate they gaze in one another’s eyes, feeling as they though they have a thousand times before. All of a sudden, the people of the city and the rebels begin to slowly kneel and bow there head. Khan watches in disbelief, feeling overwhelmed as he sees everyone drops to there knees to bow to him. Julia wipes his tears as they both begin to smile. His breath becomes strong as Julia begins to clutch his hand tighter. Bear in the front of everyone stands with his head still bowed and exclaims, “HAIL! KING KHAN! RULER OF HALO ISLAND!” All of the people throw there fists in the air once and scream “HAIL!” Khan looks down at Julia as she looks up at him, with tears in her eyes. She gently rests her head on his shoulder as she rubs his chest. Khan slowly raises his sword in the air, the blade reflecting the light from his and Julia’s body, as the people begin to look up at him smiling.
 He takes a deep breath than exclaims, “MY PEOPLE! TODAY IS A NEW DAY!” The people jump up screaming, cheering and laughing. They all embrace one another in the rays of the morning sun creeping into the castle. There sounds of celebration echo throughout the city.
 


© 2009 alan khan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on November 29, 2009


Author

alan khan
alan khan

Mint Hill, NC



About
I'm Alan Khan. more..

Writing
shiver shiver

A Poem by alan khan