Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by alan khan

 

Crimson castle, sitting upon Destiny Hill lining up perfectly with the rising sun. An evil tyrant who has the audacity to call himself king of Halo Island awakens to the scent of fresh roses laid out on the ground. He opens his eyes and gazes upon the three other women sharing his incestuous bed. He throws his long hair behind him and gets up off the bed. His chiseled body covered in scars aches as it does all mornings. He walks over to his robe and covers his body, allowing the silk to gently graze his face. He takes a crisp bite into a bright red apple and walks out to his balcony overlooking Crimson City. The King gazes down at the city, letting a familiar madness stir within him, and slowly begins to laugh. He madly throws his hands in the air as he exclaims, “Good morning my kingdom, today is a new day!” His laughter continues, echoing throughout the city.
            Bellita Beach, 3 miles west of Crimson City. The morning sunlight and the calm waves brushing gently against the beach as the day begins. A young man dressed in torn rags, rows his boat to the shore. He hops out onto the hot sand, walking up the beach turning himself to face the rising sun. He breathes fast and heavy; as he lets his muscles relax, pushing the hair away from his face. A cool gentle breeze from the sea kisses the sweat from his brow and forehead. He slowly inhales, stretching out his arms and closing his eyes, embracing the gentle rays of the sun. He slowly opens his eyes and whispers softly to himself, “Today is a new day.”
            Walking through Beguile forest. The sounds of the mysterious wood surround the young man as he searches for the city. After an hour of wandering around the forest, he sits down, and leans against a tree.
In the distance the Young man hears a noise. He slowly rises to listen more closely. The noise draws nearer as the young man steps silently closer toward the noise. From deep inside the forest, two monstrous wolves dart toward him, their mouths watering with anticipation of a new meal. One of the wolves with a scar over his left eye slows down, as the other takes the lead. The young man quickly unsheathes the sword on his back, a beautiful sword with a lighting bolt down the handle, the steel blade forming a perfect tip at the end. He gracefully jumps over to his left and strikes down one of the wolves. The other wolf nears and begins to slowly circle around the young man, showing him his fangs. The young man slowly exhales and calmly puts his sword away. He stands in front of the wolf and slowly comes down to the wolf’s face. Looking directly into the wolf’s eyes he silently says, “There is a beast in this forest, one more monstrous than any creature alive.” The wolf begins to slowly back away, still snarling his teeth. The young man staying close, glares into the wolf’s eyes. The wolf stops and howls for the forest to hear and quickly turns to run away. The young man sighs, looks down, saddened at the sight of the corpse of the wolf. “You had no control over your hunger.” He slowly begins to walk away.
            A mystic pond with a single stone in the middle. The young man, exhausted, falls to his knees and begins gulping the water from the pond. From behind he hears a noise. He quickly jumps up, wrapping his hand around the sword handle. The young man sees a majestic white horse standing near, looking over at him. The young man wipes his mouth, and waves his arms to try and scare the horse away. The horse slowly begins to walk over to him, appearing to have some trouble. The young man looks down and sees the horse’s leg has been cut. The young man rips both of his sleeves off and soaks one in water. He slowly walks over to the stallion. “You do not fear me?” he says. He slowly bends down to wash the cut with his wet sleeve, wrapping the wound with the dry one. He stands up slowly stroking the mane of the angelic animal and begins to turn and leave. As he walks on he hears the stallion follow him. The young man stops as the horse affectionately rests his head on the young man’s shoulder and neighs softly. The young man turns and rubs the horses face smiling. As he gently pats the horse’s stomach he whispers, “Okay.” They both begin to walk. The young man whispers to the horse, “I will call you, Chloe, twas the name of my mother.” He and Chloe continue on until finally he finds the city gates.
 
            Gimora Gates, the entrance to the city on the west side. The young man arrives but not ready for what he sees. Dozens of sick starving people, wearing nothing but sheets, their feet bare against the jagged rocks. He watches in horror as three children savagely fight over a loaf of bread. One of the children is thrown to the side and looks up at him, piercing the young man’s eyes with his stare. The young man says to himself, “I pray a higher being enter the lives of these suffering people, for it appears since their birth he has remained absent.” He slowly walks over to the gate, when suddenly the doors open as six guards surrounding a beastly man, walk out. Towering over all of them the giant walks, his face red with anger. Two trembling soldiers behind him hit the back of his legs and the giant falls to his knees, crying out in pain. A puny commander walks over and yells in the giant’s face, “You will pay for involving yourself in official business.” The commander walks away with arrogance in his eyes and stupidity in his voice as he yells for all of the soldiers to begin savagely beating the giant with wooden staffs. Chloe begins to stamp in place and nudges the young man. The young man turns trying to ignore what was happening as the soldiers continue to beat the giant, showing no sign of stopping. The young man begins to feel a burning in his chest as his hands begin to shake. He finally quickly turns and runs over to the commander. “I beg you sir, whatever crime this man committed, needs not a punishment this severe.” The commander snaps his fingers as the soldiers fall back into a perfect line. The commander, looks up at the young man’s eyes and whispers, “Perhaps you would like to see what it means to interfere with official business.” All of the soldiers instinctively rush over to him. The young man quickly darts over to his right and knees one of the soldiers in the chest. Before dropping his leg, he spins around and drives his heel into another soldiers face. He drops down to his knees and elbows another in the leg. As he tries to stand back up the commander knocks him hard in the back of his head. He slowly stumbles clutching the back of his skull as the soldiers all pile on top of him. He sees the earth turn upside down as a ringing sound carries him into sleep.


© 2009 alan khan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

130 Views
Added on November 29, 2009


Author

alan khan
alan khan

Mint Hill, NC



About
I'm Alan Khan. more..

Writing
shiver shiver

A Poem by alan khan