God Bless America

God Bless America

A Poem by A. Amos
"

"

God Bless America

 

World can say, whatever they think

or want, we are born free and ruled

them all, a land blessed by the Lord

our motto is simple, in God we trust

 

We welcome all religions, respect them

believe in equality, humanity we care

provide asylum to those who need

a land chosen by God, to make him proud

 

Our men and women in uniforms are

the bravest from all, we don't forget

enemy we find, even we have to invade

a foreign country, we hunt them down

 

Donations, aids and charities we provide

still those countries treat us like ungrateful wives

we stand with weak, fight most evil enemies

which are barbarians, untamed beasts and freaks

 

Lord be with our leaders, give wisdom to all

let all of us be united, like one strong family

we are proud to be Americans, because

in freedom we believe, God bless America

 

Till there is sun, moon and stars, I pray to God

my flag stay on top, until the end of time let USA

be blessed with Prosperity, one strong united nation

the leader of the world, hear my little prayer my Lord!

 

A. Amos

© 2014 A. Amos


Author's Note

A. Amos
Happy 4th of July

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like that this view is positive. So many people complain about how terrible it is. I am always like, yes no one is perfect and the past was unfair and unkind, but we are moving in the right direction. And look at the rest of the world. There's so much disease, famine, genocide, infanticide, war and poverty! I tell people that we are spoiled. They have no idea what harsh conditions are ad are lucky to not have bombs blowing up innocent homes and kids. Thanks for writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you Morgan...



Reviews

thank God we have a country such as the good ol USA. thanks for sharing this piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Apart from the outlook portrayed in the poem I find it extremely worrying reading many of the reviews below. The USA has many things to be proud of and it may profess belief in freedom but actions speak louder than words. I find it hard to understand why so many Americans (and many others in the so-called free world) have such a perverted world view. You have to make the effort to find out what is really going on in the world. Ask questions and seek answers!
What is the greatest single act of terror in history - Hiroshima
Why is Israel a focus for war in the middle east?
Why were the suicide bombers willing to die in 9/11?
Why was the CIA implicated in murder and torture in Chile?
Why was the USA involved in so many insurrections in central America?
Why did the USA invade Iraq in the second gulf war?
Why do N Korea and Iran feel it necessary to develop nuclear weapons! (Hiroshima!)
Why does Russia feel so threatened by the USA?
Why does the USA have a base for detention and torture in Cuba?
Why does the USA practice extraordinary rendition (torture and illegal imprisonment)
Why does the USA support so many right wing and murderous regimes?
As is always the case it is the ordinary men and women that suffer!
I apologise for what may seem like a bit of a rant but these are issues of life and death for millions around the world.
As our great scottish poet said - 'a man's a man for all that'
Alan

Posted 8 Years Ago


A. Amos

8 Years Ago

Thank you Alan...
Despite some rotten apples in government, the USA is the greatest nation and I sincerely hope your prayer is heard and our freedoms are not taken away one by one, police brutality becomes unheard of and we all truly get along. This piece made me stop and think and that's always a good thing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


A. Amos

8 Years Ago

Thank you Barbara...
Although I have many issues with this country, your writing truly proved to be a powerful message to convey feelings of pride and patriotism. Lovely use of word play, and interesting layout of your sentences. A well written and charming read.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A. Amos

8 Years Ago

Thank you Miranda...
America is the greatest engine of innovation that has ever existed and with extreme freedom of thinking & speech it also brings about a wonderful display of patriotism.
God Bless and I am late on reading this one...just seen 4th of July..lol

see you soon
regards
maria


Posted 8 Years Ago


A. Amos

8 Years Ago

Thank you Maria...
maria  ( rose)

8 Years Ago

my pleasure.
A tough read in that we have miles to go for all of this to be a truth in all aspects..but it starts at home and it starts with true regard in our acceptance and behavior towards all. You need not go far to undersatnd that this is simply not the case in many places here let alone abroad. That there is the existance of evil is of no doubt and I salute all service to that enlgtenment and hope for the day when we are all united beyond any concept of lines, that neither become nor dictate a factor when human rights and civiliized care is in question. With peace and hope in heart I appreciate this vigor yet wish to extend the sentiment and prayer beyond the limit of America and into the realm of worldly compassion that we one day understand no one here gets a true peace until we all understand true peace and forgiveness together. You have indeed started a dialogue here in this read and that is a start and a start is awareness in motion. Peace as always~

Posted 8 Years Ago


A. Amos

8 Years Ago

Thank you bro....your support means a lot!
Thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU for shining the light on what many Americans turn a blind eye to; take for granted; are completely ignorant about. Americans have many things to be thankful for yet I see so many (especially younger people) that only want to shine the light on what they lack, or feel entitled to. Bravo, and much respect.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A. Amos

8 Years Ago

Thank you Michelle
i really hope that this is irony.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A. Amos

8 Years Ago

Thank you Annie...
Very good! I like this. My son was in the Air Force for six years and I never really thought about our freedoms and our country until he began to serve. Too many take it for granted. Good job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


A. Amos

8 Years Ago

Thank you Melissa...
MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

You are very welcome!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
From the outside looking in a very different picture can be viewed,however have to salute your patriotism

Posted 8 Years Ago


A. Amos

8 Years Ago

Thank you Gee...
Gee

8 Years Ago

You're welcome

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5285 Views
165 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 4, 2014
Last Updated on October 5, 2014
Tags: America, God, Uniform, Country, Enemies, prayer, trust...

Author

A. Amos
A. Amos

PA



About
A. Amos is a deep thinker with a passion for understanding the mysteries of life, love, and humanity. He has traveled throughout the world and is heavily invested in the personal development of others.. more..

Writing
Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..