Progress / Progression

Progress / Progression

A Chapter by Anand Sehgal

Be it a routine hormonal kick or some strange cosmic directives coming from some alien planet, the dreams of becoming popular flood quite a big portion of our brains, while living through the late teenage phase.

Shirts having patterned marks and indicative lingos, trendy hair-styles, super-modern electronic gadgets " these attributes appear to be the right tools that are capable of winning a ‘Kingdom’ and establishing commoners as ‘Mighty Kings’.

Then, as we move on, marching towards the mid-twenties, the hormonal residues get washed off the grey cells, along with the secreta of the sebaceous glands, in the rains of the few years spent in between and a new priority is born , called aggressive hunger for the success. This is not by any means an infatuation or a ‘hormone triggered blindness’. This is the time when the personality inside a person is awakened and it searches for the opportunity to carve a niche on its own.

For us, the human beings, this phase remains a little more refined and somewhat sophisticated. In the animal kingdom, the post-juvenile period consists mainly of the search for the best sexual mate, which means again nothing but a bunch of complicated bio-chemical reactions only.

After the segregation of the successful and unsuccessful population, demarcation of haves and have-nots, the wild world moves on. But in our world, the so-called ‘evolved and humane world’, lives on a life of the defeated. Those who couldn’t win, still have a place in our world, although at the farthest and darkest corner. We are probably tolerant to a bigger margin of error, than our savage cousins. By this time, silently we start to enter into our thirties.

Hereby we enter the survival phase of our life.  Afterwards this is the only phase that continues to survive, and sees all other phases getting phased out one by one, in a graceful and natural way. Those who accept this truth pretty quickly, lives happily thereafter, staying close to the ‘ground state’. And the restive giants, who still love to stay in the excess energy states triggers the societal damages. They usually forget the well-known adage that says ‘live and let live’ , and take the society forward towards its ‘final destination’ or a ‘decisive end’.

Thus the whole ‘human societal set-up’ goes through a training process of change of time, a radical morphosis, occasional ‘untimely demise’ and ‘liberation of unsatiated souls’.

Ah! My goodness!  By the time this piece is about to end, a soulful second batch of souls has arrived. The cycle never ends, it can’t really stand still .



© 2014 Anand Sehgal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great write and excellent narration of different phases of human like, we question every thing in twenties, very abrupt and stubborn in decision making and actions at thirties, you are very matured thinker and also in life activities at forties, enjoyed

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

thanks so very much dear Linda :)
Linda alexander

10 Years Ago

You most welcome, take care my friend



Reviews

Great write and excellent narration of different phases of human like, we question every thing in twenties, very abrupt and stubborn in decision making and actions at thirties, you are very matured thinker and also in life activities at forties, enjoyed

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

thanks so very much dear Linda :)
Linda alexander

10 Years Ago

You most welcome, take care my friend
And the cycle goes on and on.This is a very thought provoking write Anand.Are we just destined to repeat an endless cycle generation after generation? Very cool write there buddy :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

perhaps we all are into an eternal trap ! what say?
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Lol. I say you could be right yes?
Informative and interesting read! Very well-written though may I suggest indentions to introduce a new paragraph? This might help in the ease of readability. Thank you for this, Anand! You have fascinating thoughts roaming in your mind. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

thank you so much. will keep in mind the the words you told about the paragraphs :)
And those soul who are born right after I read your chapter and right after I typed this words will be awakened to read this; being born as a child and being reborn as a reader does when the heart is stirred and the mind is enlightened are very good progresses. Your writes are full of suggestive realizations. Well done, Anand! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

Glad that you have caught the spirit of the write :) :)
a fascinating read. It really made me think about life and evolution/connections. Very well written you have a deep mind my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

thank you so very much dear :) Much love back :)
Anand, this is truly a very clever & thoughtful write. Looking at it in a way, we are all about our hormones. They rule our lives and aid in our struggle for survival. All a part of life, a part of Natural Selection...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

you got it right and you really pleased me. this topic is fascinating indeed :)
Nice thoughts - moment to moment - that is all life is, Moment to moment :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

yes. That's so true :) thank you dear :)
A wonderful write depicting reality. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

thanks Praveeta :) Glad that you took time to read this :)
Praveeta

10 Years Ago

You are welcome.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
Ah! My goodness! By the time this piece is about to end, a soulful second batch of souls has arrived. The cycle never ends, it can’t stand still really.

This summed up the entire piece. It's about time some one brought it all to our attention lol.
great write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

thank you so much Ron :) yeah, it was a fun for me too :)
ron

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome.
brilliant piece on the evolution of our brains, spirits and consciousness. I wonder whether I have tempered myself to adapt to this survival phase of life, though chronologically past that age a long time back :D In the end, perhaps all of us are inching towards that inevitable metamorphosis, only the manifestation differs from those of us who are graceful, natural and tolerant to those who lash out in bitterness and savagery.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

thanks a lot Didi. Just thought that I would pen some prose chapters on different subject matters .

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

473 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2014
Last Updated on February 9, 2014
Tags: Contemplative Short Prose Piece, Chapter


Author

Anand Sehgal
Anand Sehgal

Kolkata, India



About
A graduate researcher, A writer, A poet, A singer, A composer,An actor..............An artist by heart more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..