10 Words Competition

10 Words Competition

A Story by Stan Lee
"

Written for: http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/10-Words-I-Give/53840/

"

They called him Rooster. And only he was stupid enough not to realise that they called him Rooster because was because he was a c**k. A rude, arrogant c**k. But Rooster had money. And you know as surely as it says in the holy book, the rich man hath many friends. Especially if the rich man throws his money around. (It doesn't actually say that last bit, but it's still true). Either rooster knew this instinctively or he just loved throwing parties. Because he did, a lot. And he would always serve caviar and pineapple jelly. It was an odd combination but rich people are generally eccentric, so you or I wouldn't give it more than a thought. If you're a reporter for a tabloid however, you don't need dirt. Just the smell of dust will do. There were all sorts of theories to justify Roosters odd tastes. They ranged from spiritual healing to madness from calcium poisoning. However special note must go to a reporter named Crater who wrote up a brilliant article with passion and fervour. He claimed he knew exactly why Rooster always served caviar and pineapple jelly. His article was titled, "Rooster is Sponge Bob Reincarnated!"

© 2017 Stan Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm going to have to pace myself reading your stuff - this is hilarious and made me chuckle. Did you give yourself the 10 words or were they given to you?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks for your read and review Mike. Super glad I could make you chuckle! The 10 words are given as.. read more
Mike

7 Years Ago

Ah! That is great and I certainly will check out the contest.
Another wacky romp through your imagination. Great stuff.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks Chip :)
All ten words are present and presented in a wacky humor that comes from one's imagination, which is the whole idea behind this 10 Words I Give contest and I am glad that you gave it a shot. It's not easy I know, but that's the challenge. To reach deep into your imagination and pull the rabbit out of the hat, so to speak. "Rooster is Sponge Bob Reincarnated!" Excellent. Thank you for taking this weeks challenge. Well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Wichapi. I really enjoyed taking on this challenge. Thank you for creating the competit.. read more
that intro was amazing, I have to admit I had a smile on my face as I read through the whole thing. this was really good.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your read and review David. I'm so glad I managed to make you smile! :)
Damn. Every time I see one of these writes, I wonder how the flippin' flip you even begin to turn it into a story. Initiating impressed mode in 5, 4, 3.... :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thank Nemo. Glad I managed to impress someone ;) It's a pretty puny excuse for a story but hey, it h.. read more
Lorry

7 Years Ago

It would take me a month of thinking about writing it,before I came to the conclusion that I still h.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2017
Last Updated on February 15, 2017

Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


MASKS MASKS

A Poem by ReedWrite