Last Kiss

Last Kiss

A Story by Ashley Black

I sat down on my old couch stretching out my neck. It had been a long day and all I could think about now was how right this was going to be. How perfect and wonderful he was. A small grin made its way across my lips. He sat down next to me and pressed his soft lips against my neck. I wanted to say no. I wanted to push him away and tell him I wasn't ready, but I couldn't I wanted it too badly. I was just so scared. When I lost my virginity it was to a guy that screwed me and left. I wasn't sure I even wanted his thoughts on me, but he was different. I knew he was. He was my friend. My love. I trusted him more than anyone. I knew he wasn't going to leave. I knew everything was going to be okay, but sometimes you can't help but hesitate.

The next morning I woke up in his arms. Our naked bodies tightly pressed against each other. I smiled to myself and kissed his cheek, while quietly whispering "Good morning, mister sexy." I gazed at him with affection and care as his eyes slowly opened and he looked into my emerald eyes. A smile stretched across his lips. I could feel his sweet breath against my skin and his strong hands tightly pressing against my back, pulling me closer to him. A small chill ran down my spine and I kissed him.

Nothing could compare to the passion between us as we laid there together in my sunlit bedroom. His blond hair shined subtly in the sun light. His cerulean blue eyes were mesmerizing. He broke the stare as he began to kiss my neck. I held my breath and closed my eyes as he let his soft lips slide down my neck.

My thoughts wander back to my first time. Being left. I open my eyes and look at him, as I put my hand on his chest and push him away from me. I walk into the bathroom and sit down on the counter, leaving the door open. Silent tears slide down my cheeks. I didn't know what to say. All I could think of was him leaving me. I had been through it once, no big deal. Twice though? I wasn't sure if I could live through the pain twice... I cried. He walked into the bathroom and wrapped his arms around me. "Babe," He knew that being called babe appealed to me more than anything when I was upset. It was so comforting. I loved it, but that morning it had only made me cry harder. "What is the matter? Why are you so upset? Was I that bad in bed last night?" A small smile slid across his lips.

I couldn't help but laugh. I looked up into his cerulean eyes then looked back down. "Honey, I love you... You know that. You also know, what happened before... with Ben..." My voice trailed off and tears poured down my face.

He put his hand under my chin and made me look up at him. "Emerald! Is that what you are crying about? You think I am going to leave you? Do you not understand how much I love you? And, how much I want to be with you?" He looked down at me as if I had committed some hanus act. But, I could tell he seriously meant the words he spoke.

I blushed lightly, "Sweetheart, I can't help it. I don't want to believe you would ever do that, if I did I wouldn't have slept with you." I smiled slightly, "I love you so much and I'm just scared of you leaving. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be hurt. It's so hard to believe that you won't after someone else did." I gave him my "you know what I mean look" and he nodded slightly.

He kissed me slowly, softly letting our lips move together, connecting us and sharing the passion we both had for each other. "Emerald, babe, I am not going anywhere." His words were like velvet, soft and smooth. They reassured me. They comforted me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him like he was leaving. I kissed him as if this was the last time I would ever get to kiss him. I could feel him kissing me back with a passion I didn't know he had. I felt the feeling I was waiting for, to really know. To really understand. So, after I kissed him I got up and went to get dressed.

He laid back down in bed and watched me, smiling slightly. I walked over to him and kissed him one more time before leaving. I heard him call to me as I was walking; asking me where I was going, but I couldn't tell him. I couldn't bare to tell the man I loved that I could not stay here. I couldn't hurt him. At the same time, I couldn't stay with him because I couldn't get hurt. The kiss I gave him before I left was the last one he had to remember me by. The last kiss that would ever be true, filled with love and passion. The last kiss I would ever enjoy for the passion that was there. It was my last kiss.

© 2010 Ashley Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another great piece :)



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on March 29, 2010
Last Updated on March 29, 2010

Author

Ashley Black
Ashley Black

Houston, TX



About
Hi, y'all! My name is Ashley Black. I'm 17 years old, and I've been writing poetry since Elementary, short stories since seventh grade, and just last year (sophomore year) I've started my novel. I lov.. more..

Writing