chapter-2

chapter-2

A Chapter by Avanthika
"

college life is always fun , we enjoy it the most When we become seniors , but how do we react to it When we are the junior most.

"

Seeing the girls with their mothers wasn't a happy sight for Abhilasha. When they bid adieu these girls cried like an LKG kid whose been forced to school. The boys were worse, they were accompanied by their whole family members as if the boy was preparing to enter the war field rather than joining an engineering college. But then engineering wasnt less than any war field, except the fact in war you fight with weapons against your enemies and in engineering the fight is between pen and paper where your pen act as your weapon against the question paper which is your biggest enemy.

After Abhilasha’s room was allotted to her, her father made the return back to their home hoping to catch the afternoon train without even saying good bye to her while she kept watching the drama displayed by the parents of others. For a moment she had wished, what if mom was here? Thinking of her mom would only bring tears in her eyes which she hated and so she kept herself away from that.

Room no-13, though the kids weren't much of an English type, their attitude showed as if they were born and brought up by English people. And so when room number 13 was opened the girls hesitated to take it as it is believed in the western world that number 13 is always unlucky. For Abhilasha it mattered the least. Ever since childhood she’s been a victim of superstitions. Her parents had love marriage against all their rituals and rights. However there was no hindrance with the marriage but the astrologer had warned them about their first child. He had pointed out that the child might be reason for the death of its mother. But when Arthi gave birth to Abhilasha everyone tried to forget about the astrologer’s word until she met her death on Abhilasha’s sixteenth birthday.  Her father Sreenath was living his lonely life since then. Somehow after the incident there was a distance between the father-daughter relation who once shared the relation of best buddies. More than a father and daughter they were like friends  and now they hardly spoke to each other.


        The first day to school or college is always an exciting and anticipating one, when you try to gather all the information about your institute on the very first day. But not everyone have a happy day on their first day. Since it was the first day to college the girls walked in groups like the chicks who walk in gangs such that the eagle finds it difficult to spot its prey.  As Abhilasha considered herself as an average looking girl compared to other girls, she thought her risk of getting into the trap was less. Hence she walked at a distance from her roommates which made the girls have an opinion, “that girl is a prig”.  Abhilasha would have heard that, but she cared the least about those remarks as she had often heard it before.  Just a walk-able distance of 5 mins from the hostel, this was the first time Abhilasha was seeing her college as it was her dad who did all the admission procedures not taking into account of Abhilasha’s opinion about the college. The huge building, white washed, here and there few grasses as if the management was trying hard to grow these grasses, the fountain in the front yard with no water in it, and the trees on the way to make it look like an ecofriendly environment. 
The structure reminded Abhilasha of white house, though she hadn’t been there before, she thought the white colored building had to be given a name as the college name was difficult to be pronounced. She named the building "The White House". Finding the class wasn't difficult, what was difficult was to find the toilet. With no sign of toilet on the way she looked forward on a senior who was staring at her, as he approached near to her she knew she was being targeted. But she thought running away would only screw up the matter, i better face it now. “First year"? yaa (smiling), name? Abhilasha, full name  Abhilasha Sreenath, branch:CS, and that is... sorry computer science engineering. What were you searching here? your boyfriend? No(surprisingly), then? Toilet(embarassed), ohhh, just go straight and turn right there you have it. run before you pee in the dress. She thought the seniors weren't that bad as she had guessed, untill she found that the toilet which they had mentioned was Principals room. Idiots, what do they think of themselves? 



© 2014 Avanthika


Author's Note

Avanthika
Is it interesting ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm intrigued as to where this is going to go :)
And I like the main character's personality (I can relate in some ways)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

how was she responsible for her mother's death???
good attempt........minimal mistakes........try to rephrase some sentences.
yeah it held my attention.
good!
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014


Author

Avanthika
Avanthika

Canada



About
I'm a 19 year old classics student (study of Ancient Greece & Rome + Latin & Ancient Greek), and I like to read and write in my spare time. more..

Writing
chapter-3 chapter-3

A Chapter by Avanthika


Chapter-4 Chapter-4

A Chapter by Avanthika





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5