Just a Normal Day

Just a Normal Day

A Chapter by Lino Rie
"

This chapter is done now.

"
"Henry, mother want's you to come to breakfast." 
Henry is my little brother. He rarely listens to me, but he's a good kid. My name is...
"Not now Silvia!"
"I'm not the one telling you to come down. Mom is and you know what she's going to do if you don't come down for breakfast."
Like I said. He doesn't listen to me, but he knows what happened the last time he didn't listen to mom's orders. Last time he didn't come inside for dinner and she marched right outside with her wooden spoon and hit him over the head and dragged him by the ear. That is the only thing he's really learned something about us Rohall girls, we don't mess around. 
"I'm not listening!"
"Ok, I'll go tell mom that your not coming done for breakfast. What's that mom? Your wondering where your spoon is?"

As I said those last words I heard his bedroom door slam open and saw him run down the stairs and slip on the carpet at the bottom. I couldn't help laughing at his humility. 
"DON'T GET THE SPOON! I'M HERE! I'M HERE!"
I walked over to him and helped him up. When he got to the entrance of the kitchen he saw that mom was as surprised as he was.
"What happened Henry. I heard a thump and assumed that you feel down the stairs again."
Henry looked at me with a scowl.
"You lied to me. She wasn't looking for her spoon."
"Oops."
He falls for the spoon trick every time, literally. Like I said the only thing he learned was that. He picks the seat next to what use to be dads chair. Our dad had to leave us and fight in a war, but he never came back.
"What's for breakfast?"
"French toast, your favorite."
French toast. The breakfast we had when he left and tolled us he would be back. She always makes french toast if something depressing or bad happens. But she also makes it when something good happens, so it always confuses me.
"What for."
"No reason, just felt right."
I walked to my normal seat next to mom and across from Henry. As I sat down I realize Henry was looking at me with the smile he uses when he "pranks"me. 
"What are you smiling at?"
He looks down and stops smiling. Then I notice that my seat was slimy. I stand up to see that there was syrup on my chair. I was so furious.
"YOU TWERP!"
I reached over and tried to slap him but he slid under the table.
"Mom!"

As he was about to run over to mom I grabbed his ankle and pulled him closer to me. It was fairly easy since he was ten and I'm all most 18. He screamed and kicked his legs in all directions.With my other hand I grabbed a hand full of his hair and was about to make him lick my chair clean. But...

"Silvia, Henry! Stop torturing each other and sit down!"

"I can't! Henry pored syrup all over my chair."

"I didn't do it"
He said with a fake whimpers and his "I'm innocent" face. I hate when he does that. At least no one believes him when something like this happens to me. Especially when it's his signature trick. 
"Then who was. The Dwarfs who hate teenage girls and play tricks on them so that there little pain-in-the-neck brothers get in trouble!"
"Yes."
Oooh, if I every get my hands on him I'm going to mop my chair with his strawberry blond hair till it shines. 
"Now Henry we all know that you did it so just get a wet rag and clean the chair up before your sister throws it at you."
"But I don't wan a."
"HENRY!"
She reaches into the drawer that contains the "spoon" and lifts it out and starts to tap her other hand with it.
"OK OK OK I'LL CLEAN THE CHAIR!"
"That's what I thought"
She puts the dreaded "spoon" back in it's drawer. I love my mom. She never ever holds back. I know. Henry goes to the sink to grab a dish rag and dampen it in warm water. I go up to him and take the rag.
"I'll do it."
I know. Just a moment ago he was being a brat but he's still a good kid. I already tortured him enough. So it's my turn to be a "nice" sister. I walk to my syrupy chair and start to clean it.
"Ok. Henry you can help me set the table then."
That was always my job but since he got away with the syrup prank she had to make him do something or he wouldn't be as scared of her. She gives him three plates and silverware. As he walked over he looked at me with his smile of success. But when he got to the table I gave him a smile that whipped his right off.
When I finished cleaning my chair I sat back down on it and noticed that mom had a slight frown on her face.
"Mom, what's wrong."
"Nothing."
She put to pieces of French toast on our plates and put a plate of bacon in the middle of the table. Henry and mom filled up there glass with orange juice and I filled mine with apple. I never really liked orange juice. Henry slid his french toast closer to the side and filled the space he made with a big pile of bacon and pored syrup on his toast. Mom did the same but her pile was four times smaller then Henry's. I toke three pieces of bacon and put the on a napkin so that I could have some after I had my toast.
I know if I don't take some now that they would be gone in ten seconds.
Mom looked at her food as if it was a mirror showing her something sad and painful. I was about to ask what she was thinking but Henry toke a tiny chunk of bacon and flung it at me with his fork.
"You Brat!"
He laughs and starts to eat again. I glared at him then started eating my french toast. When I went to pick up my knife and fork he throw another piece of bacon at me and it hit me between the eyes.
"OK, THAT'S IT! I TRIED TO BE THE GOOD SISTER!"
I took the bottle of syrup and squirted it all over his face.
He feel backwards on his chair making a loud bang.

"MOM!"

"Thats what you get for waisting that bacon on me."

I look at mom and saw that she wasn't eating but pushing her food around on the plate. I wonder what she's thinking about. I hope she's not thinking about dad. I put the syrup bottle down by mom seeing that her french toast was dry. I continue to eat my french toast and bacon.

~~~

I walk to our bus stop with henry in my black, laced mini skirt and my purple wolf shirt. when we get there I see that were five minutes early and sit on the bench near by. As I do I notice that no one else was here yet and saw Henry kicking a rock back and forth between his feet.

"Do you want to sit down." I say as I tap the open space on the bench.

"No."

He says quietly as if he thought about it before I asked. Then I see the bus coming half way down the street and grab my black leather jacket out of my backpack and put it on. I never let any one from school see my passion for wolves.

~~~

When we get to school I walk to the High school entrance and Henry walks to the Elementary school entrance. I knew from that point on that my life would get better and better.

I walked to my first hour class which was English Comp. one of the many favorite classes I take. Then I go to Algebra two, also one of my favorites. Then theres Economics, then Chemistry , and then another English class. 

The Worst three hours of my life, but then the I go to Advance Arts the last two hours of the day. My favorite class of all time. I wish I could just stay here for ever. Not just because I'm a freakishly awesome artist, but because Jens, the hottest guy in school, takes the same class. I could just stand Here all day and draw his face on my secret sketch pad.

The only thing is that the time seems to go by so fast. I wish I could tell him I like him but he's popular and I'm not.

~~~

When we get back home we see that mom has cleaned up the mess that we made before going to school and that the table was all set for dinner. I hang my leather coat and backpack then sit next to mom again. She has made lasagna another one of my favorite foods. 

"Two wonderful meals in the same day. Whats wrong?"

She looks at me with sorrow and regret in here eyes.

"Nothing you need to know."

I dish a plate for Henry and mom then I take a little bigger piece than what I dished mom and put it on my plate. It doesn't take long for all of use to eat or food. Then I grab my backpack and run for my room. I know how to cheer her up I'll finish her Christmas present and give it to her early. I know it's almost a month away but I don't like seeing her like this.

When I get up there I open my Back pack and pull out the stone dragon i've been carving the last two weeks. I put it on my desk and drag out my gold, silver, and pink paints. I paint it's Long snake-like body a hot pink color and paint it's claws silver. Then with steady and gentle hands I give it's scales gold accents. I role my chair back farther so I could look at it from a distance. Then I grab a silver box out of my closet and sparkly gold ribbon out of my desk drawer. I put the hot pink dragon in the box and tie it shut with the gold ribbon. 
 
I hope my present soothes my mother. I wish she would tell me what's wrong but I can't force her to tell me so all I can do is make her happy. I walk past my brothers open door to see him working on something on his computer and her him saying "DIE! DIE! DIE!". I assume he is playing World of War Craft and continue to walk down the stairs to give mom her present.
I look to see if she's in the kitchen and see that she is not. Then I look in the living room and see that she's looking at a picture of dad. I walk up to her and present her with the gift.
"This is your early christmas present. I hope you like it."
She looks at me and then the present. I set it on her lap and sit on the ground in front of her. She looks at me and smiles that smile that always makes me happy. She slowly unties the golden ribbon and takes the silver lid of the also silver box. Her eyes fill with joy and surprise. She lifts the hot pink dragon out of the box and holds it in both hands. Her eyes start to water and tiers roll down her checks.
"It's beautiful. Did you make this?"
I nod with pleaser. To see her so happy makes me feel even happier.
"I made it in Art."
"I love it!" she says still crying with joy. 
She puts the dragon by the photo of dad and hugs me tight. Almost like she thought I was going to go on a long trip or something. I hug her back and stand up to go to my room. I look back to her as I reach the stairs and see her looking at both my dragon and dad.


© 2012 Lino Rie


Author's Note

Lino Rie
I would like comments. I am done now so I would like comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like the storyline. You really nailed the intruduction of the characters and the family dynamic.
You have a few grammatical errors and spelling issues, but don't worry about that...that's what editors are for.
The important thing is having a good story and you have that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like the storyline. You really nailed the intruduction of the characters and the family dynamic.
You have a few grammatical errors and spelling issues, but don't worry about that...that's what editors are for.
The important thing is having a good story and you have that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 12, 2012


Author

Lino Rie
Lino Rie

Williams, MN



About
I'm a girl who has little confidence and almost no talent. I'm 19 and have long blonde hair and blue eyes. My fears include: spiders, needles, not doing things right, disappointing others, and be.. more..

Writing
I am... I am...

A Poem by Lino Rie