A thousand years

A thousand years

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                       

               A thousand years

You came to me in my sweet dreams again.
You were dancing in your white Summer dress by the lake.
I watched your beautiful face smiling and singing to the afternoon sun.
I stood-up and I joined you in the dance of laughter and joy.

I whispered to your wanting ears. I would risk everything for you.
I live and die in your embrace.
You are my Summer sweet wine and perfect place.

You told me. My Gypsy man, can't hold the wind and cannot make love stay.
Love must find you and love will hold you warmly in her embrace.
Dear Johnnie. You are love and I need your hand in my hands.
I will love you for a thousand years my Johnnie.

Days became nights and we held on so tightly. I believed you knew. Love is never fair.
We were young and filled with dreams to accomplish. Love is not enough to stop the
twisted path of life.

Wars came and life created mountains of barriers. One day with promises that we couldn't keep.
I left you for faraway wars and distance places.

Today I awoke and I called your name and I wondered do you remember me?
You told me often. I will love you Johnnie for a thousand years.
Today I whispered to the Summer sun.
I have not forgotten the dancing beauty who kiss stole my will and taught me.
Love is life. Life is love.

I love and need you my sweet lady. Your sweet memory of interlacing fingers and us
becoming one in the dance of love. I know will be my last wish.

                     John Castellenas/Coyote










© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful and heartfelt imagery has adorned your poetry which is already a beautiful tale of love and separation. I found a few errors in your piece, it would make your poem even better if you rectify them-
"Wars came and life create mountains....." -created, and not create
"I lefts you" - left, and not lefts
"I wondered do you remember me" - either I wondered, "Do you remember me?" (make use of direct speech) or I wondered if you remember me.
Talking of your poem, otherwise, it is a very clever and heart-touching description of the sweet-bitter tale of love. Quite nice. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for help and reading. I do appreciate both.



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LM
A beautiful melodic work of art, capturing the very essence of this beautiful song. (One of my all time favorite romantic songs.) lol. I connected and hung off the edge of every word written. Its amazing how such a lovely poem can tell quite a story, a very worth while memorable story. This piece is now one of my all time favorites! Excellent work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you LM for reading and comment. I do appreciate.
And yet another romantic delight from you. It's truly mesmerizing with all the emotions flowing like music and the imagery that adds rhythm to the brilliant thoughts. I can almost imagine this...lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Inaya. I appreciate the comment.

I whispered to your wanting ears. I would risk everything for you.I live and die in your embrace. ........wow....this poem brings tears to my eyes.....So beautiful .....loved the way you have penned the feelings for her.....how you each time describe the ones you loved to make them special in their own ways.....

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Some people are our teachers. To show us. We are not alone. Thank you Ria for reading and the commen.. read more
Ardra

7 Years Ago

True.....each of them teach us something beautiful :)
Thick with vulnerable aching and a sentiment almost everyone can put a personal experience to. Like many, I have woken up from a dream calling someone's name before; I remember lamenting the death of the dream even more than the loss of the person. Well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Gaia. Hardest memories are the ones without a proper ending.
Gaia Octavia

7 Years Ago

Very true ☺
Really loved this piece! Your words flow easily and smoothly.
The sweet memories and later the images of separation are beautiful.
I read in one of the comments that you've been writing for 46 years now ! That's amazing !
Love the song too! You should listen to the instrumental version by " The piano guys ".. it's simply brilliant !!
Thank you for sharing this piece :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nirupama.H

7 Years Ago

You are welcome. Here's the link to the instrumental version, in case you are interested.
htt.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

It is amazing. Thank you for the link.
Nirupama.H

7 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
Please keep writing, this poem was touching. It really was love, with its bittersweet and endearing feelings made you feel the love.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Rachel. I have been writing for 46 years. I hope for a few more.
really amazing input here. thx for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
I'm no poetry expert but I thought this poem was just magical in its ability to evoke image and tone. I didn't watch the music video you attached so that I could let the poem stand on its own, but it felt so lyrical and so visually evocative that it was like reading a music video... if that makes sense! Excellent!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment and the kind words.
just words? but it made my heart ache.. makes you really wonder doesn't it? where our souls are while we are sleeping, and why we can wake up feeling the way we do.. lovely words I would say..

I had to read it again.. it keeps bringing tears to my eyes.. because there is so much truth to this.

"Love is not enough to stop the
twisted path of life."

damn


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. Young love. Love held on the edge of hope and possibilities.
DeerInHeadlights

7 Years Ago

love before we are broken by love and before we are aware to how brutal it can be.
Just lovely; both in word and photograph. Of course "A Thousand Years" is a wonderful song, too. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1784 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2016
Last Updated on May 17, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing