Who is worthwhile and who is not?

Who is worthwhile and who is not?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"


                       Who is worthwhile and who is not?

"Assisted suicide,Oregon is one of five states, along with New Mexico, Montana, Washington , and Vermont, that allow assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. Oregon’s Death with Dignity Act passed in 1997 and has allowed for 1,173 prescriptions, with 752 deaths resulting from access of the medication."




"Euthanasia - Also called mercy killing. the act of putting to death painlessly or allowing to die, as by withholding extreme medical measures, a person or ... "

"Legal In Canada, Albania, Colombia, Japan, Some states in the USA, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium and Netherlands."

Once a woman made me cry. I didn't know her. She accepted death with out a fight. Euthanasia in Portland.  Accepting death without a fight. At my work. Good man had terminating cancer. Everyday his friend and I are praying and standing with this man. I pray he lived forever. I know life isn't fair or kind sometimes. Death will find us one day.
-----
Sweet dawn, sweet dust,
Beautiful sun and shining moon.
I want to see .
One more time.
Dark death linger close and I appreciate every heart beat.
Sweet life.
Pretty smile of children.
Knowing laughter and having friends near.
One more day.
Please Lord.
-----------------
Some countries allowing old people to accept death when memory is gone. Some countries make the families decide medical bill or easy death?
-----------------------------
Grandma was 96.
She forgot the names of my children.
I introduced them each time we visit her.
We surrounded her.
I held her hand and I listen to the old stories two days a week.
I wasn't disappointed in her.
I would of took care of her forever and a-day.
Once she gave me everything.
A home, love and kind words.
Time took my dear Grandmother from me.
She fought to her last beathe.
Her last kind words to me.
Sweetie. You must take care of the family when I'm gone.
I told her.
I will be like you. I will a place of love and safety.
-----------------
I'm not God. I know. The decision is the person in the situation of great pain. BUT we must be careful. Like the Native American believed. The old people are the holder of great wisdom. We need them as long as we can, to  have their voices, their knowledge and kind faces near. The human body is harder and stronger than we think.

My dear Brother defeated cancer three times. Beautiful lady at work defeated cancer twice. This wonderful woman hair had turned curly and I love her so. I need my brother and my dear friend.

Euthanasia - My define- Government way to save money and the government way to decrease population.

My step-father. A man of God. At 87 years old. Doctors told him. He had cancer. He locked himself in his private office and he prayed. One month later. Cancer was gone. A blessing or a mistake by the doctor? My dear father is 91 years old and wise, strong and alive.

Please my friends. Time for us to think. Double-talking government don't care about us. New Orleans after the hurricane, Puerto Rico and the many dead cities in the USA.

Who is worthwhile and who is not?

_____
One more day.
One more day to see my beautiful wife face.
One more day to see my grandchildren play.
One more day to watch the sun rise and to watch the moon arise.
One more day at the beach with the grandchildren.
One more day to be surrounded by the sea, the lake and the forest.
What is the value of one more day?
I wish daily to hear my grandmother telling me. Sweetie, you will be okay.
To hear my Grandfather stories and my father's laughter.
Love my friend. Is all we have.



John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just my words and my thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

John your poem is so moving! We take life for granted. Consider for a moment eternity....all that is past is lost but for our memories so we should make them count miss those we lost but know death is inevitable and as a side note pass OUR messages along for all to read!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. We must be careful. Yesterday new Trump plan took a friend benefits for radia.. read more
Gejodi

6 Years Ago

Where will this end? Soylent green comes to mind will we outlive our usefullness perhaps see if its.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

All countries must be careful. New world order. Human value had lessen.



Reviews

Very deep and powerful piece. I thought you did a great job on this one. Very emotionally and heartfelt piece. Nice job

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Sean. I appreciate the comment and the kind words.
Sean M. Addams

6 Years Ago

No problem
Beautifully written. I was touched when you wrote that you can take care of grandmother forever and a day. Lovely. The family nostalgia. I love this valuable piece. family is everything. One more day for our dreams....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

We are alone without our family. Thank you Mirror for reading and the comment.
This is a well-stated & stunning essay that is respectful of all viewpoints while persuasively stating your own with a variety of examples that are so relatable. Your caring & compassion are spilling over here. Awesome thinking is showing in your writing here, even more than it usually does . . . and awesome thinking precedes the best writing! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear Margie. Many try to stop the young lady who broke my heart. Two women in Texas who d.. read more
barleygirl

6 Years Ago

I'm sorry for the people who take suicide as a logical answer to extreme pain & anguish. For me, the.. read more
What a magnificent write.. filled to the very brim with sincerity and empathy. you knot meanings together and make such a strong stand, John.. made me choke up, wonder my own thoughts.

Going to throw self to the wolves now. I watched one of my sisters die for almost five years.. she went from young violinst.. and a superb one at that, professional.. to a darling woman who couldnt raise a bow.. or tuck a Violin at her chin.. but somehow wept and wept frustrated.. wretched cose she just couldnt do itr. Looking back - her dignity was hit face on.. she could understand her fate to almost the last week .. hated being in that condition, that un-Hannah-like - that anything but the person she was. Now and always have been a believer but someone who at almost sixteen yrs old, i, alone, was with her when she died doped with diamorphone etc. toe to scalp.. i wonder if i'd have a llowed one of my darling dogs to go through that.

John, i just don't know and never will. Could i.. would I.. ?

Your writing so often wrings the heart of me..has now in such strength,not sure what to do now.. but.. yes.. pr ay..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

Re-posting my reply to you, John, so sorry, was very
messy!

Thats true over.. read more
Your poem is so relevant, profoundly moving and thought-provoking. A controversial and emotional subject. Your words touch my heart. The facts and personal stories presented in the verses are so well-laid and meaningful. The venerated, sacred value of each life, in sickness and in health, emphasized. Thank you for sharing your soul and your life with us dear Coyote. Blessings wished always.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. The human mind is stronger than we think. We need the old-timers. I'm a old timer.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

And me, my friend! You’re very welcome Coyote.:)
touching ...up close and personal John! moves my heart to weeping for those i miss ..couldn't agree more with you and your ancient ways ..life is sacred and each day precious for too many reasons to count .. in sickness, health, in want or plenty .. all precious to see the faces, hear the voices of loved ones and God. ;) very emotive writing sir!
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. In some places in the USA and our world. Save money.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

i think your point is valid .. i think government funded abortions is even worse :(
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right my friend.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1085 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2017
Last Updated on October 26, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..