Big Sur meditation

Big Sur meditation

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"

                         Big Sur meditation

Who are we, my friend?
Is our life half empty or half filled?

I have seen people who gave-up and gave-in into the  struggle of life.
Lifeless eyes, waiting for a reason to live. Something to show them,
life isn't done yet.

I believe life should be simple. Remember the five senses. Taste, touch, see, hear and smell.

We need to savior the taste of food, we need to know the human touch, the simple caress can make us feel human. We must open our eyes and see the beauty of our world. To see our children grow, to allow our eyes to see the sea, the lakes and the great forest.

We must listen to each other, we must listen to our children laughter and listen to the whisper of the wind. We must listen to the song of the sea. If we slow down and listen, life can be a wondrous  journey.

We must roam the fields and the forest. Smell the wildflowers and breath in the clean air of a free forest. Early morning smell of fresh coffee, the smell of food cooking and the perfume, on the skin of someone you  love, should be daily blessings.

Is your life half empty or half filled? 

Taste, touch, see, hear and smell.  Basic skilled to enhance our life.

Oldest and greatest wisdom I was taught. We make our bed, you decide who you are. You decide what you need, you make the decisions. To give-in or fight?

Live my friend, eat life like a starving man. Always better to laugh than to cry.

                      Johnnie/Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I most certainly agree John. Seize the day. Experience.
“The mind I love must have wild places, a tangled orchard where dark damsons drop in the heavy grass, an overgrown little wood, the chance of a snake or two, a pool that nobody's fathomed the depth of, and paths threaded with flowers planted by the mind.”
― Katherine Mansfield

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree with Katherine. Thank you Ken for reading and the comment.



Reviews

Your poem flows like a beautiful meditation, John. wonderful words of advice you have given here... "... we make our bed... you decide who you are. ... To give-in or fight?
Our life is ours to live as we want. I loved your Big sur meditation, it will enlighten many.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Mrudula. I appreciate the comment.
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

Reading your marvelous words is a pleasure, Johnnie.
I have always loved Monterey, and driving the coast of California there. Your Big Sur meditation carried me to the sounds of the sea. And then you speak to us all of life, of living, of what it is to become filled with the wonders of the world in every possible way. What a beautiful expression to teach us how to live deeper in the day.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I love the Monterey coastline. I would love to spend a year at Big Sur. Thank you my friend for read.. read more
Words of wisdom spoken here Coyote. Yes, it is the simple things in life which have the greatest meaning. Each one of us can improve our existence by taking on board those five senses, sight, sound, hearing, touch and taste. Sadly lives are so busy nowadays that people disregard what could help to enrich their lives. I very much enjoyed the message you conveyed in these wonderful lines.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Chris. Most of us, overthink life.
Aloha John, great words to meditate on. Simple truth that we need reminding of often. I love the richness & depth of detail you offer! In particular listening to eachother and our children, those words alone made me sit up straight and think about whether I’m listening and aware.

A full & simple life yields peace and contentment. Mahalo for yiur generous offering x

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are very kind dear friend. I appreciate the comment.
live life to the fullest because we may not know if tomorrow will still come

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are right my friend. Today is here and tomorrow is the future. Thank you for reading and the com.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Life is for living, so live it. And live it like the day is your last. Appreciate the beauty of the world, how amazing nature is.
So much sense and truth in your words Coyote.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Gee

5 Years Ago

It was my pleasure
The epitome of mindfulness. I strive for this each day. To enjoy what is given freely has become the hardest of tasks. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend and I agree with you. We must enjoy each new day.
This is a beautiful meditation, my friend, one of the best I've seen. You're describing my life in the past few years, which I would consider to be fully full, despite my simple existence. I love all the details you use to paint the picture of a life well-lived. I love that you're inspired by Big Sur after your visit! It really shows! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Margie. I wrote 40 new poems.in California. San Diego, Big Sur and Monterey gave me reaso.. read more
barleygirl

5 Years Ago

I love it! I feel that way myself!
I most certainly agree John. Seize the day. Experience.
“The mind I love must have wild places, a tangled orchard where dark damsons drop in the heavy grass, an overgrown little wood, the chance of a snake or two, a pool that nobody's fathomed the depth of, and paths threaded with flowers planted by the mind.”
― Katherine Mansfield

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree with Katherine. Thank you Ken for reading and the comment.
Not just words. These are words we need to repeat to ourselves on a daily basis. Too often the hustle and bustle gets us down and makes us think in small picture fashion. If we remind ourselves in the mirror daily of these words we may well be much happier. Great thought for the day. Loved it!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Crowley. I appreciate the comment.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

452 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2018
Last Updated on June 20, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..