Molly Malone said.

Molly Malone said.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                             Molly Malone said.
"Sweet mistress Malone"


I caught the dengue fever in South America in 1993. Bad food and tropical weather did me in. They send me to the England shores to heal. I remember seeing the ivory coast of England and drinking whiskey in Dover waiting for the bus to London.

I fell in love with London, bright lights and friendly people. I found the nearest Pub in the business district.  I drank from noon to six pm. I roamed to Hyde park and I read poetry to a old lady and high school kids with nothing to do. Nightfall came and I sat alone. I brought out my Jack Daniel whiskey and I drank from the bottle. I was feeling sorry for my self and a pretty lady with next to me. 

She had a ancient feel to her. Blazing red hair and eyes of ocean blue. Her dress was old style, covering legs and showing her feet in sandals. I offered my whiskey to her and she took the bottle. She drank down a large sip and she held the bottle. She smiled and she told me. 'America whiskey is the best, hard and rough on the throat. I like Hyde park. People, just seeking peace in mist of the city of London. Why is a lone Soldier sitting and drinking alone. This is a grand sin."

She reached over and she touched my face. I saw robust breasts in her low-cut dress and I asked her. What is your name? She smiled and she whispered into my ear. "They call me Molly. Old fashion lassie in the city of thieves and liars. A lady who like whiskey and like to dance for the moon and the stars."
I smiled and I told her. I have time, a lot of money for the whiskey and I love to dance. You are my blessing dear Molly.
She stood-up and she finished off the whiskey. She gave me a cat-like smile and she told me. " This is wonderful. The moon is full and the night is long. I love you soldiers. Expect little and you appreciate the ladies. If you promise to quit being sad. We can dance and sing till the sunrise."

I stood-up and I bow to her and I whispered. Be my honor to dance with a pretty lady. Let's buy some more whiskey and we shall dance for the stars and the moon.

Molly smiled and we begin to waltz together, laughing and talking like children falling in love .  She whispered. "Love can be sweet, love can be painful. Sometimes we must make the good hours last longer and forget the past."

She kissed my lips and we fell into the night without concern for the outcome.

                  Johnnie
 

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

They are two ships passing in the night, each a strange apparition as well as a promise of life to the other. Though their passing may be for only one night, they will always have the experience of each other. For just words you managed to create a flowing rhythm that is enrapturing. Very well done :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Mika. I appreciate the comment.



Reviews

I am still breathless after the last romantic line of this vivid prose-poem Coyote. Molly Malone- the old Irish ballad, takes on new meaning from your master storytelling of this intimate episode of your life. Great stage-setting in Dover and London, England- you whisk us away to so many memorable places you’ve visited in your travels. And this “old fashion lassie” with the red hair and “ancient feel to her” is awesome and memorable. Great write!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Annette for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Annette Pisano-Higley

5 Years Ago

You are welcome Coyote!:))
I may not agree that American whisky is the best John, (Of course I'm not going to am I?) but I truly enjoy this story.
It is the personal details that make this so enjoyable for me.
(Speaking as a non drinker now and as an aside you should try Laphoraig. My favourite scotch in my drinking days. You can taste the shores.)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I will try one day the Laphoraig and thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciat.. read more
This was insanely exotic and sensual, without sounding raunchy at all. I love how you describe places and people, picking up minute details that some may choose to ignore.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
They are two ships passing in the night, each a strange apparition as well as a promise of life to the other. Though their passing may be for only one night, they will always have the experience of each other. For just words you managed to create a flowing rhythm that is enrapturing. Very well done :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Mika. I appreciate the comment.
one romantic writing as always my friend too much passion in the words

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Never too much romance. Always nice to know more.
This was captivating... we all should be so lucky to meet a Molly just once!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree. Good to have known a wild spirit. Thank you Travis for reading and the comment.
Travis Gibson (poetic heroics)

5 Years Ago

Always a pleasure... and those are usually the spirits that teach our own to be free.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 20, 2018
Last Updated on July 20, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing