Night Lights Preview

Night Lights Preview

A Story by Centipedle
"

Preview for a planned new dark fantasy book.

"
Those stories you've read and movies you see have to be based off of something don't they? Vampires, Werewolves, Witches and more. They all really exist. Living among us and under us. So, how do you think you can deal with that. They live their lives in hiding - trying desperately to survive. Avoiding the government from capturing them, and avoiding being hunted by the very humans who despise their existence.

Deep underground, a young sad half human half inhuman hybrid lives in the night light city of Vulprix. A product of a one night stand between a Sonticus and a Human she has always jumped from home to home until she met Tori. However, when the city is becoming over-run with anti-inhuman searchers. She and her half vampire friend Tori, are forced to find a way out back to the surface. 

© 2016 Centipedle


Author's Note

Centipedle
The basic idea for the new story! Sort of a dark fantasy about Shoe and Tori.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Solid ideas for the book. You create a guide and I hope you have written or shall. I'm catching-up on reading this week. On vacation.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


a bit of a twist ..villains are victims etc. ... you may have a tough go as it is a concept in so many movies these days .. i found this intro to be exciting ...a fine hook ... i am a fan of vamps and wolves for sure .. i have a clear picture of Tori's world .. love the name Shoe and want to know more! i also want to more about the gov. ..how bad is it ..or not ... well done! looking forward to more
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Intriguing concept, if you were pitching to me I'd be leaning in wanting to know more. Of course, I'd need to know more about Sonticus's and how vampires work within your world. Think about those things, because the Night Light City sounds interesting. Why did it get that name? What's the style of government? Attitudes of the populace? Manners of speech? All things to consider when you go forward. Jewel of an idea, I'm interested for the rest.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Great start, this has the makings of a great book and a real page turner.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I've always been a sucker for the supernatural. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is interesting, I'm curious to know how will you move on from here, mostly I loved the concept your mentioning here, it's no doubt very much interesting... I will keep an eye on your page to see how you develop your two characters Shoe and Tori ...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


it is dark and has that potential

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ideas are easy. Writing well is hard, but absolutely necessary—and a skill we aren't even told we need during our schooling. Give a lousy story idea to a pro the result will be readable, though perhaps unexciting. On the other hand, give the greatest plot ever conceived to a new writer and it will be rejected by the end of the first paragraph.

So play with ideas, and record them, of course, But before the reader can see that great plot and love your amazing characters you need to make them WANT to turn to the second page, and to turn every one after that. And that's a b***h. So if your idea is a jewel, you need the skills to put it into the best possible setting, polished till it shines.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like this idea! :D Worlds where magical creatures exist and are known to the world are always some of my favorites. Going forward, I can think of a lot of questions and themes that such a story could grapple with--here are a few of them, just off the top of my head! :)

-Why would the government want to capture these creatures? What is the perceived threat? Are people just always afraid of what they don't understand, or are their fears based on legitimate concerns?
-Is there a moral grey area? Are there some creatures that do embrace their violent natures and thus become threats, and bring down the reputation of creatures that wish to integrate into society? This theme of one's reputation being "soiled" by the reputation of others in one's group (like the phrase goes--you know one, you know them all!) is relevant to the real world and could be a very powerful theme to use :)
-Is there friction between inhumans who can integrate (perhaps like a witch!) and other more "showy" inhumans that must always remain in hiding?
-How are inhumans' perceptions of themselves affected by what the world thinks of them? Are there some that hate themselves and have lost hope? Are there some that think they are better than humans?
-Have there ever been human/inhuman integrations--and if they failed, why?

In the end, some of the main themes of these kinds of stories come down to a central problem which can be applied to both monsters and humans: should someone be judged by the actions of their group? Can society accommodate beings that may pose a threat?

Overall, the more I think about this the more this idea is exciting--but of course, as with almost any book, it's the characters that will make it shine! :) I know nothing about Shoe and Tori, other than the fact that "Shoe" is the best name ever (very fresh! It's rare to see a character have a name that's so simple that it's striking!) But I think what may make spice up the relationship between these characters even more would be if they have opposing views on the world based on their pasts--perhaps if one sympathizes with humans and the other thinks that they can't trust them, or something along that path!

I also really like the idea of an underground city (can't help wondering what a night light city is--is it dark, so that the only ones that can maneuver in it are inhumans with really good vision? An interesting thought!)

Anyway, this has gotten way too long--but good luck with the story!

(P.S.: I love your username! >u>)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Centipedle

7 Years Ago

I've always thought the government does it just because they can xD I'm distrustful of them. Area 51.. read more
Centipedle

7 Years Ago

And and THANK YOU about the username ^^ thank you for the review
Cool! Very interesting concept, and I like the fact that you're bringing in Shoe and Tori. They're fun. :)Can't wait to see where this goes!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

455 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2016
Last Updated on May 28, 2016

Author

Centipedle
Centipedle

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hi, my name is Pedle as an online handle. Don't be afraid of my username! Note about reading your stuff. I try to review as much as I can if you are on my list below. But the best SURE way to get .. more..

Writing
Mindset Mindset

A Story by Centipedle


Sea Sea

A Poem by Centipedle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..