Kiss The Sun Good Morning

Kiss The Sun Good Morning

A Story by Cherrie Palmer
"

contest

"

Someone asked me once how I coped, and after thinking a moment I have decided. I do not cope. There is not a trick to getting along with life. She can be a bitter companion; cruel, cold and heartless. What I do, I think is much better. I hold dear the faith that makes me who I am and life is measured by that faith and not the other way around.

So as a child when my Father died it was that faith in Christ that allowed me to feel like I was a support to my Mother. When I lost my grandparents (who I adored) it was my faith that held me. When my husband’s Parent’s died it was our faith that kept us. When we had a son go crazy on drugs and want to kill himself and or us it was that faith that allowed us to stare him down and bring him back.

Coping is a scary word to me it says hang on if you can. Conserve your energy help is on the way. But what I do is much different than that. I say I will bend my knee to God and in that yielding He will make me pliable enough not to break. I am the Rock that comes from the Corner Stone, and I will be the one looking for a way to fix the issue and rebuild. Never cope with an issue but the past to bed, know how it has changed you and Kiss the Sun Good Morning.

© 2016 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

To Realists: Kissing the Sun Good Morning can melt your lips, as to the Moon, leave you as frozen as Ice. But here entails a faith that allows the Sun's heat turn luke and the Moon its cold to soup. Faith is all around and life knows it. Thank you for this enlightened writing. I will be reading alot more of yours. As for me, I have a way of both, but both still looking for hope.
Drift and Pulse

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"I will bend my knee to God and in that yielding He will make me pliable enough not to break." Love this line.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I look forward to returning the review very soon.
Personally, I am not into Organized Religion whatsoever ... Different strokes for different folks, as they say ... And so, whatever works for you, in keeping you strong and getting through situation after situation in life is fine by me, and I wish you all the best in pursuing it ... As for sons, you ain't alone lady ... It has only been a couple months back that I awoke to my son standing over me, while I slept, with a baseball bat drawn back with the intent to bash my head in because I had dared to run him off ... LOL! ... It's funny now, cause if you don't laugh you'll cry and when rebellious children see weakness they move in for the kill, maybe even literally ... So, I was forced to show my son a side of his dad he had never seen before ... Right now, he is in a lull, not doing good and not doing bad ... He is a binge addict and so we shall see what happens the next cycle go round, or if he finds a way to pull himself and his life together ... But when I saw him last and booted his a*s out the door he was insanely out of his mind from partying for over a week without sleep ... If you get the hint as to what he was doing ... Thanks for sharing ...

Marv

Posted 7 Years Ago


To Realists: Kissing the Sun Good Morning can melt your lips, as to the Moon, leave you as frozen as Ice. But here entails a faith that allows the Sun's heat turn luke and the Moon its cold to soup. Faith is all around and life knows it. Thank you for this enlightened writing. I will be reading alot more of yours. As for me, I have a way of both, but both still looking for hope.
Drift and Pulse

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2016
Last Updated on December 21, 2016
Tags: coping

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing