Writing

Writing

A Poem by Dead Angel
"

This is for my American Literature class, please tell me what you think!

"

A habit I can never break, nor do I want to.

She comes out of nowhere, I only hope I am prepared.

She is my sweet escape from the cruel harsh reality of the world.

Like a drug addict when he gets his fix.

Like a lion when he's caught his meal.

Like a bird eating the first worm of the day.

LIke a mother when she gets 5 minutes

without the children.

The sweet ecstasy I get when ideas and plots unveil

from my mind.

She sits there taunting me, this femme fatale,

mistress of the arts.

She comes into my mind like a beautiful butterfly

soaring through the wind and over a field of creativity.

With every stroke I get more fierce.

With every stroke she gets her satisfaction.

I must have her everyday, I don't know what I would do

if she weren't in my life.

I am self-conscious which is why our affair

must be kept secret.

What would people think?

What would my boyfriend think?

© 2008 Dead Angel


Author's Note

Dead Angel
I'm writing about writing, in case you were wondering

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey Inspiration can be the most seductive force when she wants to be. She can wake you up, leave you cold, Make you sweat, Make you pace the floor, Get inside your head, Tell you only half the story for now, She's a temptress, a seducer, the singer in a smoke filled bar, She's you last thought at night, and your first thought in the morning. And don't you just love her. I liked the way you gave writing / inspiratioon a human side. "She" taunts, this mistress of the arts. Also enjoyed reading the lines "With every stroke I get more fierce and she gets her satisfaction. As writers sometimes it just floods out of us and we scribble on paper like our lives depended on it, And somedays She won't come out and play. And all the people who look at what we do as just words on paper have no idea of the sweat and blood we trade for five minutes with this girl. The girl they call Inspiration. Great write thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That last line is WONDERFUL!!!! ^__^

Actually, the entire poem is, but that last line was just perfect. hehe

Course, I always relate writing to having an orgasm...teehee ^_~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

...And a nice way of saying it, too! This has a nice flair and the assembly of words are aptly put together.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thats so nice and very thoughtful ,thats the prettiest addiction ,ifelt your words ,she does drive you to wonderful worlds

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done. However you don't have to be a mother to relish that five minutes without the kids! I think you got your point across very well with this piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I LOVE this!

I usually go more for rhymes and rhythms but every once in a while a free form will catch my heart and this one certainly did! Awesome Job!

~Frances~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow...
I think we each have this type of "tight" relationship with our muses. What I liked was the varying examples of how you feel when you have her around in your system. I liked the underline sexuality in this poem. I think that you did a good job of writing this.-Catrina

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Falling in love with ones muse, is perfectly normal, I believe all us writers have an emotional attachment to them, we get angry with them when they don't cooporate, and love them when they set our minds on fire. Those who don't write, just wouldn't understand.
Antony

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this was a pretty darn good piece, lol I love the whole writing about writing idea it's wonderful

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Inspiration. She takes the forms of many beings. Temptress. Magician. Succubus. She kept me up a few hours last night trying to get me to play with her. The bad thing about her is when you want to play with her, she's no where to be found... but when you have something to do and cannot (or should not) play, she's always right there waiting. Buggy little Inspiration.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very interesting piece ... writing is an addiction but what a great one to have.... very enjoyable read.. great job on this one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

611 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on February 20, 2008

Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Rain


The Poet The Poet

A Chapter by Emily B