Writing

Writing

A Poem by Dead Angel
"

This is for my American Literature class, please tell me what you think!

"

A habit I can never break, nor do I want to.

She comes out of nowhere, I only hope I am prepared.

She is my sweet escape from the cruel harsh reality of the world.

Like a drug addict when he gets his fix.

Like a lion when he's caught his meal.

Like a bird eating the first worm of the day.

LIke a mother when she gets 5 minutes

without the children.

The sweet ecstasy I get when ideas and plots unveil

from my mind.

She sits there taunting me, this femme fatale,

mistress of the arts.

She comes into my mind like a beautiful butterfly

soaring through the wind and over a field of creativity.

With every stroke I get more fierce.

With every stroke she gets her satisfaction.

I must have her everyday, I don't know what I would do

if she weren't in my life.

I am self-conscious which is why our affair

must be kept secret.

What would people think?

What would my boyfriend think?

© 2008 Dead Angel


Author's Note

Dead Angel
I'm writing about writing, in case you were wondering

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey Inspiration can be the most seductive force when she wants to be. She can wake you up, leave you cold, Make you sweat, Make you pace the floor, Get inside your head, Tell you only half the story for now, She's a temptress, a seducer, the singer in a smoke filled bar, She's you last thought at night, and your first thought in the morning. And don't you just love her. I liked the way you gave writing / inspiratioon a human side. "She" taunts, this mistress of the arts. Also enjoyed reading the lines "With every stroke I get more fierce and she gets her satisfaction. As writers sometimes it just floods out of us and we scribble on paper like our lives depended on it, And somedays She won't come out and play. And all the people who look at what we do as just words on paper have no idea of the sweat and blood we trade for five minutes with this girl. The girl they call Inspiration. Great write thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Racy. Exciting. I was not wondering. Let loose the dogs of literature, as they sort of say. They have a saying for about anything. I think that they have been really busy.

Great write. Wonderful flow.

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is an awesome display of talent and the need to write. This is about you so it makes it real. Real as in genuine... the real stuff. This type of writing displays that unique and wonderful side of you. I often say that if I cannot feel a piece of work, visualize it, then the hell with crossing the t's and dotting the i's. But in this piece, you have it all. Straight up. Nice work!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
nice one.
we write not coz of others.. not others to hear u.. ... to praise yourself.. .. feel great about you
and the greatest of all.. just release all those emotions.. pent up.. held in pressure..

pal

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The pleasure we all get from writing........not so much as for the applause from others but, for the undying urge from within that dirve us to put the words on paper........being a musician an artist and a writer it comes out in so many different forms......but, in each style it all is so rewarding in it's own..........well written......

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Its not very clear when you read the poem. Maybe you should make some references to a pen and paper so the reader can get a clear idea of what you really writting about. But i do understand what you mean about having secret affairs with that pen and paper, it becomes our lifes in some points in time. Is all i want for that brief moment, and no one can take that away from me. Is like that shot of addrenaling that keeps me going that extra mile, and when i get it i feel satisfy. No one can ever take that feeling of accomplishment that we get when our masterpiece is done...
Thanks for the request...
One!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's alright, we all always have something to write one way or another, so it's all good here

Anyway, it's pretty hard to read it, because there's a lot of affections and each of the lines made my mind wandering out and I got lost of what I was missing (lol)

Don't worries, it's still all good...


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


I wasn't wondering...this is cool. Very neat and sexy interpretation of the drive to write. I truly enjoy your work.

Some lines I would copy here but they might make me blush...;)

Excellent.

Forest

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

like this on. it is ver y closes to reality on what really goes on in life.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This captures the real feeling a closet writer gets from the craft. I'm glad you said it was about writing. I tend to hang around the gutter sometimes. (ehe) The mother that gets five minutes away from the kinds made me smile. I can see that "Ahhhh" feeling in this. Nice one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This made me smile. I had it pictured that the characters in your stories were acting it out in front of you and you were just copying it down what they were doing. Then again maybe it's just me.
The muse can be all around and fed at every oportunity, with out the dream what would we do?

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

612 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on February 20, 2008

Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Rain


The Poet The Poet

A Chapter by Emily B