Chapter 1: Awake

Chapter 1: Awake

A Chapter by Dead Angel
"

Serena wakes up to see her life has taken a dramatic turn

"

The fluorescent light blinds her as she opens her eyes. Her body aches all over and her head feels like someone is a using a jackhammer in it. Serena sits up on the bed she is on and takes a look around. She's in a room with metal counters, monitor screens and a lot of other medical equipment.

What kind of doctor's office is this? She thought.

The last few days began rushing back to her and she remembered why she was in a hospital in the first place.

David! Colleen!

She jumped off the bed quickly and was about to go look for them when a sudden pain in her stomach stopped her. It was so agonizing that she fell to her knees and screamed out in pain. It felt like a million nails were being hammered into her. She screamed out once more when the door to her room swung open.

"Serena!" yelled a familiar voice.

She tried focusing on who it was but the pain was too intense that she couldn't. She felt a pair of arms pick her up from the floor and place her on the bed, at this point the pain got worse; she started thrashing around in the bed violently.

"Make it stop! PLEASE!" she yelled.

"THANLOS!" the voice yelled.

A pair of footsteps came running in and helped trying to contain Serena.

"The cup over there, grab it and get her to drink!" said the one called Thanlos. The man that picked her up turned around and grabbed a metal cup and raised it to her lips.

"Drink this!" He urged.

The pain kept getting worse and worse she didn't think she could. "Serena you must drink this, it's the only way to make the pain stop." He said.

She finally gathered all her strength and drank the liquid. It was warm, thick and tasted a bit like copper. Whatever it was she liked it and made the pain in her stomach stop almost instantly.

Serena started calming down and both men released their grasps on her. She fell back on the bed and closed her eyes for a bit and took a deep breath grateful that it was over.

"Thank you Thanlos, I can take it from here." She heard the man say.

She quickly opened her eyes and turned to Thanlos. He was average height, very slender and also pale. His face had strong bone structure but also seemed soft and he had reddish brown hair. His eyes were dark brown and held so much intelligence in them; more than any doctor she's ever known. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a white button shirt with the sleeves rolled back. Thanlos nodded his head to the man across from him, flashed her a smile and walked out the room.

"How do you feel?" She turned to the familiar voice and saw that it was Ash.

"Ash?" she said.

"Yea it's me." He replied.

He was quite tall with straight, shoulder length black hair. His face was strong and stern but was also gentle. You could tell how well built he is with his black jeans and silk shirt hugging his muscles. His eyes are what always captivated her; she loved staring at them. They were a pale blue, almost the color of the ocean.

"Ash, where am I?" she finally asked.

"You're safe. I'll explain everything later, right now you should rest."

"Where's David? Where's Colleen? Do they know where I am? Can I see them?"

"Serena, please, just rest." She saw in his eyes that he was keeping something from her, and it wasn't anything good.

"Ash, tell me where they are." He looks away and says nothing. "Ash, tell me now! Where are my husband and child?"

He gives out a sigh and turns to look at her, pain in his eyes. "Serena your husband and child are dead. They didn't survive the plague, we barely managed to save you."

She begins to breathe heavily and gets up from the bed praying in her head that this was all a dream. Ash walks behind her and places his hands on her shoulders. They stood in silence for a while when she finally turned to him.

"Why didn't you save them?"

"What?" he asked confused.

"Why didn't you save them like you did me? Why are they dead and not me?!" her anger began flaring up.

"Because they weren't chosen."

"What?! What do you mean 'chosen'? They were my family! My life!"

"I couldn't turn them!"

"What do you mean 'turn'? What the hell are you talking about Ash?!"

"Serena, the only way to save you was to make you like me."

She didn't understand what he was talking about and for a second she thought the plague got him and was making him lose his mind.

"What do you mean?"

"Serena you're a vampire now, like me."

"A vampire? You gotta be kidding me."

"I'm not."

  "You're insane."

"Serena, look." He went to the corner and brought out a long mirror, when she looked at her reflection she let out a gasp.

Her once tan skin was now an ivory white. Her skin was flawless and the wrinkles she once had were all gone. The split ends on her hair were all gone and it was now perfectly straight. Her highlights that began fading months ago were all gone and it was now back to its natural black color and hung smoothly from her head to her waist. Her body was so sleek and goddess-like, the weight she gained from her pregnancy was all gone and her hips were narrower. Her eyes even changed color as well; they had gone from a dark hazel to a lighter version of it. She was completely different.

"Oh my god what have you done to me?"

"It'll be ok, I know it's a lot to take in but you'll get used to it." Ash said.

Oh god! I'm a monster! My husband and child are dead and I'm forced to live without them. Tears began falling down her face as she pictured them in heaven without her.

"Serena, please" Ash began reaching out to her.

"Don't touch me." She spat.

"It'll be ok." He continues to get closer.

"I said don't touch me!"

That's when she loses it. She bangs her fists on the metal counter next to her and leaves dents. Ash tries to control her but she pushes him away and flips the bed over with no problem. She then turns to him and begins to attack him. Being a newborn she wasn't able to hurt him at all since he was 300 years old. She bangs her fists as hard as she could on his chest crying hysterically.

"Why?! Why did you curse me?! Why did you tear me from my family?! WHY?!"

"Serena, I didn't...I just wanted"

She suddenly slaps him as hard as she could across his face; she was about to slap him again when a pair of strong arms grabs her from behind and pulls her away.

"Enough!"

The man that holds her pins her by her shoulders to the wall. She begins to fight him off but he was just too strong.

"Serena stop it!" He grabs her arms and stops her from fighting him. She focuses on the man holding her and is shocked to see who it is.

"Armand?" She stares at her stepfather in utter shock. "Wha...how" Her mind began whirring, she hadn't seen her stepfather in years and by the feel of his strength she knew he was one of them.

"Serena just calm down." Armand said as he felt her breath heavily and could sense she was getting a bit fatigue.

She couldn't stop her mind from racing; so many thoughts were running around in her head that she fainted in his arms.

"Serena!" Ash yelled

"Don't worry she just fainted." Armand said. He gathered her in his arms and began walking to his bedroom where they let Serena rest.



© 2010 Dead Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i liked this alot and thought the storyline was good in this.... can't weait to read more... overall i think this is a great start... nice job!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great chapter babe I wanna read more :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2009
Last Updated on March 4, 2010


Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel