Chapter 5: Anger

Chapter 5: Anger

A Chapter by Dead Angel
"

Serena finally unleashes her anger

"
    Ash tried all he could to persuade Serena to not bother Armand. He hated it when people just entered his office unannounced; especially if he was busy, which he was. There has been heavy Lycan activity around their territory and he was trying to figure out why.
    When they finally reached his office, Ash grabbed her arm before she opened the big oak doors.
    “Serena please don’t do this.” He pleaded.
    She didn’t say anything; she just shook off his arm and burst through the doors.
    Armand’s office was very big with bookcases lining the walls and a leather sofa set in the middle. He was sitting behind a big wooden desk at the far left of the room working on a Mac computer. He looked up surprised, confused and most of all annoyed by the intrusion.
    “Serena? What are you doing here?” He asks getting up and walking toward her.
    “What happened to mom?”
    He stopped and looked at her speechless. “We discussed this already, its not the right time…”
    “She was my mother! The only family I had and I lost her. You owe me an explanation as to why.”
    Silence filled the room as Armand contemplated on what to say to his stepdaughter. Finally, she came out and asked the question she already knew the answer to.
    “She was murdered, wasn’t she? By one of those things…a lycan.”
    “How do you know about Lycans?” Armand asked.
    “Ash told me, after I saw the Knights bring one through the living room earlier.”
    Anger filled the room as Armand walked pass Serena and up to Ash who was standing by the doorway.
    “What was a Lycan doing in the living room?”
    “It got loose for a bit, it was uncontrollable and burst through the front doors. It wasn’t supposed to happen.”
    “Where were you when all that was happening?”
    “I was waiting for it in the basement…”
    “You should’ve been with it in the first place!”
    “I’m sorry.”
    “Sorry doesn’t excuse you! What if it attacked Serena?”
    “That would’ve have happened.”
    “How would you know? You were in the basement.”
    “Hey!” Serena was not getting annoyed that they were off subject. “You didn’t answer my question. Was she or not?”
    Armand hesitated to answer this question. This wasn’t how he wanted her to find out about Irene. He wanted to wait until she came to terms about a lot of things and a bond was formed between the both of them. He shot Ash an angry look and a growl escaped his throat; he would deal with him later, and turned to Serena.
    “Yes she was.”
    Serena felt sick. She remembered how big the Lycan’s teeth and claws were and she imagined them being dug into her mother.
    “Oh god.” She raised her hand to her mouth since she was on the verge of puking. Ash and Armand rush over to her.
    “Perhaps you should sit down.” Ash said putting his hands on her.
    “Don’t touch me.” She pushes pass them as anger overwhelms her body. “How could you let that happen to her?”
    “We were taking a walk…I was blind sided…”
    “So you just let her die?!”
    “I did all I could!”
    “Apparently that wasn’t enough!”
    “Don’t you think I know that?! I go through each day knowing that its my fault she’s gone, that I’ll never see the love my life again!” Armand turns away from them both as grief fills his heart. He remembers her screams and how he tried to get to her and failed. “You’re all I have left Serena.”
    “No, I want nothing to do with you. You’re a monster that is responsible for my mother’s death. If it weren’t for you she’d still be alive right now…never come near me again.”
    She walks out of the office, her venomous words piercing Armand’s heart. Ash saw the sadness in his leader’s eyes knowing how excited he was to have some kind of family finally.
    “Armand, are you…”
    “Go to her. Make sure she’s alright.” He walks over and sits at his desk without another word.
    Ash goes to the bedroom where he finds her staring out into the moonlight. He couldn’t help but notice how radiant she looks with the light hitting her milky skin.
    “Serena, are you alright?”
    “How could you ask me that?”
    He walks up behind her and tries to hold her, to console her, but like always, she pushes him away. He feels his frustration hits it peak and didn’t know how much longer he can contain it.
    “Why don’t we go for a walk? It’ll clear your head and make you feel better.” He said trying one last time to reach out to her.
    Serena is already sick and tired of Ash trying to win her over. After all she’s been through, losing everything, he still expects her to become his.
    “I don’t want to go for a walk.” She says sternly, she will finally make her feelings known to him.
    “It’ll ease your anger and we can talk like we used to.”
    “What will it take?! What will it take to make you see how much I hate you! You’ve taken everything from me; you brought me to his hell! You’re the reason to my misery Ash and I regret so much ever having me you!” They stand in silence as the Ash’s dead heart breaks. “Get out of my sight, you disgust me.”
    She turns away from him and stares out of the window again. He silently leaves the room finally realizing that any hope of having a relationship with her is false. Her words have done more damage than any Lycan can ever do to him. Knowing that he is the sole purpose of her torment weighs on his soul. He now knows that they are not meant to be and it is that very fact that makes his eternal life unbearable.


© 2010 Dead Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on June 25, 2010
Last Updated on June 25, 2010


Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel